Implement the 50% xp scrolls for those of us who like to quest/PvE

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sulorie

Re: Implement the 50% xp scrolls for those of us who like to quest/PvE

Post#21 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:43 am

CozyFren wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:43 pm

There ya go, I just debunked the entire anti-scroll misinformed argument. Change my mind (spoiler: you can’t).
Not sure when the scrolls were removed, it feels like a year ago, all arguments you wrote were already said.
Since then I never read a reasonable argument to justify it, because in fact it got worse for new players, not better.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Morte123

Post#22 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:31 am

I dont see any issue with removed XP scroll. While i was playing with it i dinged 40 at 70rr. I made a new toon few weeks ago and i was 66 rr. So u can still make new toons and hit 60+ rr while having vanq/senti set ready.

Amdus

Post#23 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:41 am

Sulorie wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:43 am

There ya go, I just debunked the entire anti-scroll misinformed argument. Change my mind (spoiler: you can’t).
Not sure when the scrolls were removed, it feels like a year ago, all arguments you wrote were already said.
Since then I never read a reasonable argument to justify it, because in fact it got worse for new players, not better.

So you're saying that bringing back PvE which is a mandatory aspect of the game isn't a good argument, interesting. Can you tell me how many classes don't have their BiS weapons from City Dungeons/BS? Thought so. How is it bad that players start to learn the PvE basics, do epic quests and explore the world before they ding 40? What makes you think that limiting the gameplay is a good argument in the history of videogames ever? It's just shocking the way some of you think, seriously. Even twinking for people that wants to twink and learn about their classes is a good argument. Again, as others have said, it seems that getting stomped at 16-39 is bad but getting stomped for months in RR40+ is good.

Morte123 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:31 am I dont see any issue with removed XP scroll. While i was playing with it i dinged 40 at 70rr. I made a new toon few weeks ago and i was 66 rr. So u can still make new toons and hit 60+ rr while having vanq/senti set ready.

Glad that you have been an exception to this, possibly you knew exactly what you were doing and you were on the winning side most of the time. An exception doesn't make a rule however.

Sulorie

Post#24 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:12 am

Amdus wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:41 am
So you're saying that bringing back PvE which is a mandatory aspect of the game isn't a good argument, interesting. Can you tell me how many classes don't have their BiS weapons from City Dungeons/BS? Thought so. How is it bad that players start to learn the PvE basics, do epic quests and explore the world before they ding 40? What makes you think that limiting the gameplay is a good argument in the history of videogames ever? It's just shocking the way some of you think, seriously. Even twinking for people that wants to twink and learn about their classes is a good argument. Again, as others have said, it seems that getting stomped at 16-39 is bad but getting stomped for months in RR40+ is good.
I thought it was clear that my stance wasn't against the scrolls.
Dying is no option.

Amdus

Post#25 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:43 am

Spoiler:
Sulorie wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:12 am
Amdus wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:41 am
Sulorie wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:12 am I thought it was clear that my stance wasn't against the scrolls.

You're right, I needed a tea and my petty radar is at highest sensibility when lurking these forums. Apologies.

REWENGA

Post#26 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:04 am

CozyFren wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:43 pm The “twink” argument for removing the exp scroll is invalid. Until you hit career rank 40 it is not possible to buy or equip anything above the Annihilator tier, which everyone in the mid tier has reasonable access to, no insane renown rank required.

Additionally, the rr points you can spend on your renown spec are also locked beyond a certain lvl until you ding CR40 so you can’t even “twink” your spec.

The only thing that removing the scrolls accomplished is ensuring it’s harder for allllll fresh 40s to not get utterly stomped. Now, without those scrolls, you have to essentially do rvr only in the mid tier - you even have to try to avoid scs because they give too much xp relative to renown - or else you are SCREWED when you hit 40 unless you run lvl 40 dungeons non stop to get sets equivalent to higher rvr sets. And for a lot of classes those pve sets are not correct for the build they want to run.

So your options today are:
1. Miss out on all mid tier pve and a lot of sc play and only play in orvr to make sure your rr is minimum 45 (but realistically most classes need to be 58 so they can wear Vanq).

2. Play the content as designed and have your rr be too low at CR40 to wear pvp sets that are good enough to keep you from getting deleted in the lakes.

3. Do option 2 but then have to stay out of the lakes for weeks (minimum) or maybe even months (if you’re NA or OCE and can’t get dungeon groups together more than once a week) and grind dungeon sets one after the other just to get to Vanq-adjacent pve set that then might gimp you anyway since the set is possibly not even designed for your mastery tree.

I completely agree with you.
I rolled a new toon and couldn't level it in scenario because I would have gotten to 40/3X. The only solution was to level in guild warband. I ended up 40/58 but missed all the fun of scenarios. new players and casuals are rarely in an active guild, so they are left with disastrous PUGs without learning/improving significantly
A new player, or someone starting a new class, has a way to learn how to play especially in scenario. Taking away scrolls didn't help new players (the opposite) and didn't penalize old players who get permakilled in T4 and look for an ego bolster in lower tiers.

and here we come to the big problem, which is that without new players the whole thing goes to die. Perhaps the devs have the numbers of accounts made and abandoned with toons in t2-3 and those who abandoned with one or more 40/4X, that is, just after taking the wall in the face

I guess those who remain play only in blobs/zerg or are experienced returning players who can handle (kill/run) stealthers and ganking groups (most ganking groups can follow a fresh level 30 for half DW to make the kill with their main 80 sov)

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#27 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:48 am

REWENGA wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:04 am
I guess those who remain play only in blobs/zerg or are experienced returning players who can handle (kill/run) stealthers and ganking groups (most ganking groups can follow a fresh level 30 for half DW to make the kill with their main 80 sov)
and then they cry how they should get more renown, how renown is problem. topkek

shrredhn

Post#28 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 12:12 pm

The only way to be above rr60 when hitting 40 right now is to do quite a bit of orvr. You simply cannot do it in scenarios without scrolls.

Add the scenario quests back for xp only. Then if people don't want the xp they don't turn it in.

Problem solved.

Ads
Nameless

Post#29 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:37 pm

Why everyone pretends that exp scrolls will be used by new players. New players didnt know the game and almost for sure they wont even notice this feature. These scrolls are for twinks primarily, nothing wrong with that but dont pretent it is for new players.

Imo devs could reintroduce them with some new questline at lvl 10ish or so only if at the account doesnt have lvl 40 rr50+ char. So mainly will be used by new players instead of twinks (not like it cannot be made new account to be used by oldtimer but it is not so convenient).
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Raddaquin

Post#30 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:36 am

What about XP scrolls that only effect PvE experience? Not sure if it is possible but I would love to experience the content on a new character without leaving my RR level in the dust.

I have absolutely zero desire to twink, but as a completionist I think it would be fun. Going back as a 40 to do Chapter 4 PQs is yawnsville.