Recent Topics

Ads

Implement the 50% xp scrolls for those of us who like to quest/PvE

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Templa

Re: Implement the 50% xp scrolls for those of us who like to quest/PvE

Post#41 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:16 am

Kendaric wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:53 am Without the scroll low level PvE will remain dead and anyone who does not really care about oRvR will be driven from the game. That's not a good thing to do in a game that has PvE quests as well as PvP/oRvR.
RoR needs these players as well as the pure RvR/PvP players. If you're interested in questing or pre-40 PvE (or even if you prefer scenarios to oRvR) you lag so far behind in regards to RR, you might as well not play.
Just tune PvE exp instead?

The scroll "could" definitely benefit people, i would not complain to see it getting implimented again. But tbh i would also abuse it...because sometimes it's just fun to stomp people right? No shame in it, but i am not the only person doing so and that's where the problem lies. On the other hand i don't see the point any more because most people have several max level toons and if leveling an alt people try to rush it to t4 as fast as possible because now you can just spam gunbad, bb/be - c&t and bs and start your adventure as a fresh lvl 40 with a full set sentinel or even bloodlord and skip straight ahead to invader as soon as you hit 50something (i forgot the cap for it). Also you want to play with your friends right? and they are all at T4.
Image Image

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#42 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:07 pm

Templa wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:16 am
Kendaric wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:53 am Without the scroll low level PvE will remain dead and anyone who does not really care about oRvR will be driven from the game. That's not a good thing to do in a game that has PvE quests as well as PvP/oRvR.
RoR needs these players as well as the pure RvR/PvP players. If you're interested in questing or pre-40 PvE (or even if you prefer scenarios to oRvR) you lag so far behind in regards to RR, you might as well not play.
Just tune PvE exp instead?

The scroll "could" definitely benefit people, i would not complain to see it getting implimented again. But tbh i would also abuse it...because sometimes it's just fun to stomp people right? No shame in it, but i am not the only person doing so and that's where the problem lies. On the other hand i don't see the point any more because most people have several max level toons and if leveling an alt people try to rush it to t4 as fast as possible because now you can just spam gunbad, bb/be - c&t and bs and start your adventure as a fresh lvl 40 with a full set sentinel or even bloodlord and skip straight ahead to invader as soon as you hit 50something (i forgot the cap for it). Also you want to play with your friends right? and they are all at T4.
Last few months ive been talking with random people alot and very common theme amongst most of them is that they want to stay mid tier and do sc's because they actually learn about how to PvP. RvR they feel useless when winning AND losing. And now with XP-Scroll removed people cant do pve and even Sc's because they gain too much XP not enough Renown.

Just this scroll being removed has made alot of players making new chars just so they can enjoy 16-39 Sc's where they can learn about what classes can do. Some older players who have tried to get their friends to play RoR only stay for Mid-Tier Scs and quit or reroll when they ding 40 rr3+. I think that tells alot about current state of RvR. They stay for the PvP but not for RvR and there are very easy ways to mitigate this problem just by changing Lvl requirements for Low lvl Gear, even though ALOT IMO needs to be changed in RvR/Core Mechanics to make RvR less about stacking aoe dmg.

Make Devast/Duelist lvl 22 rr22. Anni/Merce/Ruin Lvl 30 rr30. Conq/Domi r40 rr40 or even Lvl 38 rr38. Vanq/Opp RR50 and give all under rr 50 bolster to lvl 42 or something that evens out the playing field just a bit. Ive played this game since first day of live to now and its very frustrating playing lvl40 rr3x characters and ive played every class to a point i know how to be effective in some way. I cant even imagine the frustration of newer players who want PvP but can only do so in Midtier Sc's. so Midtier Sc's are only way for them to enjoy the great PvP this game has to offer.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Amdus

Post#43 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:33 pm

I really would like to stress on the need of bringing back scrolls.
Many positive things weren't noticeable prior to the removal of the scrolls just because we were used to it and as many things one gets used to, we didn't pay attention to its importance. And the negative aspects... there wasn't any in reality.

Pros+

1+Active PvE 16-39
2+High RR gains
3+Emblem Farming (especially now with currency unification)
4+Learning about your class
5+Learning about RvR and PvP
6+Learning about PvE and dungeons. (Sacellum runs anymore? thought so.)
7+Fun and friendship due to the social aspect of meeting the same people over and over again
8+An alternative for those burned out from zergs and SC stomps at T4
9+An alternative for those who want to take a break from RvR/PvP and want to do PvE
10+World and lore exploration through questing, especially epic quests which are kind of mandatory

Cons-

1-Getting farmed by twink premades (Now you get farmed by non twink premades)

In short, we gave away 10 positive aspects for the sake of 1 "negative" aspect that CONTINUES to happen, just in a different flavour. I honestly don't understand how this is a subject of an argument to be honest. This is the denial that I always talk about. Why is it so difficult to back off from a bad decission?
Even some of the arguments being used on this thread are beyond ridiculous, what do you mean that new players don't know about scrolls? I knew about it when I was a new player and I used them, I told all my friends to use them, we farmed PvE and PvP together and that kept us together as the usual friends that you make along the way in MMO's, because that's the real joy of MMO's after the years. It's like saying that low level dungeons should be removed because new players don't do them anymore, obviously because if you do them you gain 3 or 4 levels and you're F beyond belief. I can't objectively find a compelling argument on why the scrolls shouldn't come back. Is it because you don't want to get farmed by twinks? Well then just don't use the scroll and get farmed by T2-T3 premades until you also get farmed at T4 because your gear is rubbish. Look, you, me and everyone will get farmed regardless at any point of the game, it's ridiculous to have such an ego and also, sad. So again, what good does it make to remove 9 positive aspects of something just because some want to get the illusion that something has changed for the better when in reality it has changed to the detriment of everything and everyone?

I don't get it, I simply don't get it.

Elzog

Post#44 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:09 am

bw10 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:49 pm
Kendaric wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:17 pm As the title says... it would be nice to have the scrolls that reduce your xp gain by 50%. They existed on live and were a good option for any players interested in questing and/or doing pqs for gear to prevent outleveling content.

Another item I'd love to see implemented again is the "Eternal 39" scroll.
These were deleted for a reason.

Reason was veteran players farming players effortlessly in scs for weeks. Imagine getting destroyed every day by same choppa/slayer/melee squig who racks up 15-20 kills every scenario and farms ur spaw
Yeah, because a fresh 40 stands a chance against full sov opponents 🤣

vigilantsoul

Post#45 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:57 pm

With scrolls removed people who wanna have somehow decent geat at thier 40 - forced to stay in RvR only , no scenario , no pve , no questing . Otherwise good if you be 40/45 or so or most likely less renown rank. Could recude max rr compared to career level if dont want scenario veterans so people cannt gain so much benefit staying there. And about abusing it with using best gear and talis? Anyone can do it , even almost free if level own tradeskiller. Gear you buy with Crests so its not cost gold , talismans can make yourself , ask friends or even in general chat . I presonally always sending gold and/or talis to new people if i see someone asking.I think there should be chooice use scrolls or not so we can do all aspects of the game - rvr , sc's , pve , questing. Sure can do pve and questing on 40 , but there so much nice quest rewards that people can actually using at thier t2-t3 why miss it ?

bw10

Post#46 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:25 pm

Elzog wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:09 am
Kendaric wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:17 pm As the title says... it would be nice to have the scrolls that reduce your xp gain by 50%. They existed on live and were a good option for any players interested in questing and/or doing pqs for gear to prevent outleveling content.

Another item I'd love to see implemented again is the "Eternal 39" scroll.

Reason was veteran players farming players effortlessly in scs for weeks. Imagine getting destroyed every day by same choppa/slayer/melee squig who racks up 15-20 kills every scenario and farms ur spaw
Twinked out 36-39 slayer/msh could pretty much go 1v10 and win. One sov dps wont solo the other side in sc so yeah

Sulorie

Post#47 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:46 pm

bw10 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:25 pm

Twinked out 36-39 slayer/msh could pretty much go 1v10 and win. One sov dps wont solo the other side in sc so yeah
That 36-39 player couldn't do it solo as well. Stop exaggerating.
The same people who have no clue in t2-3 SC will enter t4 and still have no idea what's going on.
The difference will be the power gaps, which are much bigger in t4 if you don't prepare yourself.
Dying is no option.

Sinisterror

Post#48 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:24 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:46 pm
bw10 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:25 pm

That 36-39 player couldn't do it solo as well. Stop exaggerating.
The same people who have no clue in t2-3 SC will enter t4 and still have no idea what's going on.
The difference will be the power gaps, which are much bigger in t4 if you don't prepare yourself.
Yep. It's baffling to me that people complain about Tier 2-3 sc's where no one is in higher gear than Anni/Merce/Ruin and can use maximum 40 renown points. Ive stopped playing 3 chars that i love because i just cant be bothered with lvl 40 rr 3x chars. Only did Sc's on those 3 chars so RR gains should be much higher and this scroll removal had very big impact on how much i play, much bigger than i would have thought.

And nope i dont want to farm "Lowbies" I want to do PvP and im solo 97% of the time so Sc's are the only place to do it where i can actually be effective.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Cyrylius

Post#49 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:09 pm

Difference between t3 and t4 is that you are much more experienced player in t4 than in t3 on average, so the actual difference in player capabilities will often be much larger. If we take a new player, who we can safely assume leveled at least a few times in pve, then he might get to mid tier bracket with close to no PvP experience. And the difference between him and a 30+ player (without counting the premade around the latter) is huge enough to give no chances to the former. Yes, difference between gear/skill/comp/mindset of players in t4 might be much bigger than in t3, but at the same time players in t4 don't need to learn the basic teamplay anymore as they are supposed to do it in t3. A new player should have as much of a safety net early on as possible so that he gets to understand the core principles of the game properly, and queueing multiple times into premades will not accomplish that. And, obviously, if you get stomped in t4 you can make a new toon to escape to t3. Opposite is rarely true.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Garamore

Post#50 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:49 pm

Whole series of posts made by people that want to farm new players using twinks. I get the questing side and a 0xp scroll for pve would be fine to allow that. You could also make people rr58 once they hit r40 to mitigate the fact you need to rvr from day 1. Do not bring back twink scrolling for scenarios as there was a reason it was removed.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore