Recent Topics

Ads

The Immortal Tank

Let's talk about... everything else
Wiede

Re: The Immortal Tank

Post#61 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:39 am

Also destro tanks are far more easy/casual and reasonable build.

25% parry buff, sure why not, here:
- 15sec duration for Chosen
- 5sec duration for SM with stance prerequisite

AP-Regeneration, sure why not, here... wait except:
- SM only Tank without AP-Reg (and that SUCKS for leveling like hell)

You can go on with this list forever and will not find many examples order has the better gameplay experience.

Until the moment you want RvR-Gameplay and all the Destro Tank bias gets nullified by Rampage xD

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#62 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:10 am

Poulpie03 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:55 pm
Dackjanielz wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:05 pm Just one question.

Why does order have a serious tank shortage while destro is a faction that has almost nothing but tanks?

Yeah.
Well that's easy to answer lol, all order tank are ugly af while destro tank are way more cool
There is summat to this. I love the IB look but I won't touch an SM or KoTBS becuase they just look crap quite frankly. Chosen have such an iconic chaos warrior look, BO are so freaking big and intimidating and BG have a really cool, sinister look to them.

SM look very plain and the Knights are locked into the Teutonic look. I'd play Bretonnan or White Wolf looking Knight but I just don't like the Teutonic, feathered look.

You can take a Chosen, use the right combo of armour, dye and even horse colour and make a Chosen that looks Nurgle, Khorne, Slaanesh or tzeentch worshipping but The knight can't. You can't pull off White Wolf or Knight's Panther it's just blazing sun, maybe Reiksgard or with lower level looking gear a greatsword.

Slayers are iconic and You can play around with the Shadow Warrior and get a ranger or Wood Elf. Same for WP and WH, iconic and popular look. It's nowt anyne can do with it and I remember a similar issue on live. The original devs should of gone with a more generic Rekisgiard look for Knight so they could be made to look like other orders.
Alea iacta est

Sinisterror

Post#63 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:25 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:10 am
Poulpie03 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:55 pm
Dackjanielz wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:05 pm Just one question.

Why does order have a serious tank shortage while destro is a faction that has almost nothing but tanks?

Yeah.
Well that's easy to answer lol, all order tank are ugly af while destro tank are way more cool
There is summat to this. I love the IB look but I won't touch an SM or KoTBS becuase they just look crap quite frankly. Chosen have such an iconic chaos warrior look, BO are so freaking big and intimidating and BG have a really cool, sinister look to them.

SM look very plain and the Knights are locked into the Teutonic look. I'd play Bretonnan or White Wolf looking Knight but I just don't like the Teutonic, feathered look.

You can take a Chosen, use the right combo of armour, dye and even horse colour and make a Chosen that looks Nurgle, Khorne, Slaanesh or tzeentch worshipping but The knight can't. You can't pull off White Wolf or Knight's Panther it's just blazing sun, maybe Reiksgard or with lower level looking gear a greatsword.

Slayers are iconic and You can play around with the Shadow Warrior and get a ranger or Wood Elf. Same for WP and WH, iconic and popular look. It's nowt anyne can do with it and I remember a similar issue on live. The original devs should of gone with a more generic Rekisgiard look for Knight so they could be made to look like other orders.
Cross realm/Same realm but different class appearances would make this much better. Ive seen RoR dev having Witch hunter with full Khorne https://imgur.com/a/1verqGq

Also because emp/chaos chars have same bodies as do delfs/helfs. I have 5k screenshots on my old hard drive but cant be bothered to look for amazing cross realm appearances that were in live. And they were never removed. Fashionhammer is super important to many and change like this would only have positive effects on most RoR players.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

normanis

Post#64 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:44 am

slayer chainmail was in ror also byt ppl mistaken ib with slayer. ;-)
there is no such thing as immortal tank
if choppa get rampage than order tanks need all that avoidance what has destro tanks.
kobs is not same coppy paste of chosen. its something between chosen and bg. and black orc is similar to ib with sm mechanik.
remove 24 aoe and slayer will loose more than destro melle train (acording to forum rampage is win button.)
lets wait big balance patch ( i hope this year) ;-)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Sinisterror

Post#65 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:50 am

Just make rampage work like it did in Live War. Not ignoring guard mechanic or morale avoidances. Not that complicated and still would be very good ability.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz