Recent Topics

Ads

The Immortal Tank

Let's talk about... everything else
Cyrylius

Re: The Immortal Tank

Post#11 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:07 am

BG might lack resistances, but you can take the disrupt tactic from right tree and FoF which, assuming active defences proc, gets you constant ~60% disrupt, if you bother with keeping the 400 wp buff up (before anyone comments on that: assuming softcapped Int it still grants you 3.75% disrupt with your base wp). You can also technically get to 1800 toughness (fine, 1700 after kotbs debuff), 10k wounds, amazing avoidances and FoF. I don't know what class gets more tankiness than bg.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
nocturnalguest

Post#12 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:39 am

Earthcake wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:00 am Expectations : I'll never die and will allow my allies to do whateverthey want while the enemies focus me mwahahahahaha

Reality : Enemies will kill everybody but you, then proceed to kill you when you are the last one standing.
You'll die, only 2 min later than everybody else, while they are waiting for you to finally die so you can regroup and resume playing.

Tldr : it's a bad idea, but if you still want to do it, then IB is likely what you are looking for.
This. /thread

Emissary
Community Management

Post#13 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:19 pm

BG is by far your best choice on destro, on order it would be IB. Sad thing about IB compared to BG, IB is like playing a piano.

As far as kotbs, we are in the worst spot right now for dmg mitigation even in BIS gear every destro tank has more avoidance and mitigation factors in bloodlord gear or comparable than we do. As far as debuffs and utility your kotbs is top notch, but "tankiness" there are better options out there.

Being unkillable is just a meme dream, it's what you bring to the team/wb that matters in utility, dmg mitigation and fight control.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Tesq

Post#14 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:32 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:07 am BG might lack resistances, but you can take the disrupt tactic from right tree and FoF which, assuming active defences proc, gets you constant ~60% disrupt, if you bother with keeping the 400 wp buff up (before anyone comments on that: assuming softcapped Int it still grants you 3.75% disrupt with your base wp). You can also technically get to 1800 toughness (fine, 1700 after kotbs debuff), 10k wounds, amazing avoidances and FoF. I don't know what class gets more tankiness than bg.
How do you even reach 1800 toughnes, if you have 1k even by using tactics it go to 1225 due overcap; maybe i miss some op toughness shenanigans?

Chosen have a perma 10 crit reduction tactic not doing wonders but allow to spec deeper into hardly concession with out loosing other things.

Idk i'd still play 2h bg compared to s+b and fof, it seems kinda useless when you can have the best def 2h tank in game.

Tesq

Post#15 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:40 pm

Emissary wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:19 pm BG is by far your best choice on destro, on order it would be IB. Sad thing about IB compared to BG, IB is like playing a piano.

As far as kotbs, we are in the worst spot right now for dmg mitigation even in BIS gear every destro tank has more avoidance and mitigation factors in bloodlord gear or comparable than we do. As far as debuffs and utility your kotbs is top notch, but "tankiness" there are better options out there.

Being unkillable is just a meme dream, it's what you bring to the team/wb that matters in utility, dmg mitigation and fight control.
Kobs have easier indirect encounter aka des tank have to face really imp to shatter rampage in rvr / city. Kobs can stack block , hardly concession, overcap res and be done with it.

Cyrylius

Post#16 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:31 pm

Tesq wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:32 pm
Cyrylius wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:07 am BG might lack resistances, but you can take the disrupt tactic from right tree and FoF which, assuming active defences proc, gets you constant ~60% disrupt, if you bother with keeping the 400 wp buff up (before anyone comments on that: assuming softcapped Int it still grants you 3.75% disrupt with your base wp). You can also technically get to 1800 toughness (fine, 1700 after kotbs debuff), 10k wounds, amazing avoidances and FoF. I don't know what class gets more tankiness than bg.
How do you even reach 1800 toughnes, if you have 1k even by using tactics it go to 1225 due overcap; maybe i miss some op toughness shenanigans?
Ok, you get to 1225. Then you get a terrifying foe proc, one which you can get 100% uptime on. Your toughness rises to 1775.
Fine, 1800 might have been a bit of an overstatement. But it's close.

Tesq

Post#17 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:04 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:31 pm
Ok, you get to 1225. Then you get a terrifying foe proc, one which you can get 100% uptime on. Your toughness rises to 1775.
Then with which combo gear you reach 1225 xD?

tazdingo

Post#18 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:13 pm

you can get somewhere around 1.2 with sovmain/vanq/tri + talis + pot/buff + rugged... *1.45 for the hardcap + eating all practical +power someone is gonna have

only worth doing if you like theorycrafting and watching big numbers go up as you're still gonna die immediately to a bunch of stupid unmitigatable procs all hitting you at once. this build really is just for counter-trolling WH gankers

Ads
lumpi33

Post#19 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:00 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:31 pm
1800 toughness? That seems super broken if you ask me.

Cyrylius

Post#20 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:03 pm

7 pcs sov 2 pcs triumphant, full toughness talis, toughness event item, tactic and pot gets you to almost 1200. could be higher with 2 pcs vanq, that gets you to 1250 depending on what event item you use. I will admit however that by not using vanq you lose 50 toughness but get 2 more sov bonuses, which are probably more useful. Anyway, you slap 45% buff on top of whatever your toughness is, and up it to softcapped 1700-1800.
EDIT: double checked and min maxed, highest nosoftcapped toughness value i could get on BG was 2050, and i dont think getting any more is possible with the items currently in game.
Last edited by Cyrylius on Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.