Recent Topics

Ads

The Immortal Tank

Let's talk about... everything else
Cyrylius

Re: The Immortal Tank

Post#41 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:09 am

Avernus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:58 am
Detangler wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:40 pm Any Order tank is tankier than Destro counterparts, simply because no Order tank has to deal with a BS ability that ignores all block/parry. Seriously all the Order apologists who never play Destro and defend this ability to their dying days have no idea how much this ability affects the gameplay balance. Of the destro Tanks, IB/Knight are far superior to the SM in this role.
Sure, and the pullfest destro abuse has nothing to do with this. I say "fight broken things using your own broken things".
Pulls don't make tanks less tanky. Its not about fighting things and comparing, it's a simple fact that tanks care very little for pulls cause unless you are already in retreat you will usually be fine when pulled playing, say, kotbs with a healer support. And it does not make you less tanky, just take more hits. So yes, pullfest has nothing to do with destro tanks being usually easier to kill than order tanks.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Earthcake

Post#42 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:41 am

Cyrylius wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:09 am
Pulls don't make tanks less tanky. Its not about fighting things and comparing, it's a simple fact that tanks care very little for pulls cause unless you are already in retreat you will usually be fine when pulled playing, say, kotbs with a healer support. And it does not make you less tanky, just take more hits. So yes, pullfest has nothing to do with destro tanks being usually easier to kill than order tanks.
But they do!
Since you are getting pull in the middle of the enemy pack, all the DPS in your back become slayers since you cannot block/parry their attacks.

tazdingo

Post#43 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:58 am

if youre not under full immunities all of the time as a front line tank thanks to hero sm/bos aoe punting on cd and solo rdps hitting their cc buttons at complete random then you need someone to point out to you where exactly the front line is

Earthcake

Post#44 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:02 am

tazdingo wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:58 am if youre not under full immunities all of the time as a front line tank thanks to hero sm/bos aoe punting on cd and solo rdps hitting their cc buttons at complete random then you need someone to point out to you where exactly the front line is
So I'm not immune to punts so they can punt me and give me immunity, but I'm immune to pulls... yeah, i see.

Thanks for your kind explanation, I'll be sure to ask some veterans to help me out with that.

tazdingo

Post#45 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:47 am

oh god it was a joke ill be more careful around you next time

Cyrylius

Post#46 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:26 pm

Earthcake wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:41 am
Cyrylius wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:09 am
But they do!
Since you are getting pull in the middle of the enemy pack, all the DPS in your back become slayers since you cannot block/parry their attacks.
No, it doesnt make you less tanky, it just pulls you in. And as long as you dont get pulled alongside your dps the damage is manageable for a warband to sustain you as long as your gear is at least vanq. Rampage directly makes you less tanky by ignoring about 36 points of your RR skills and a good chunk of your gear stats, which specifically makes you less durable. Im not trying to argue with you, just pointing out that 1. pulls are not direct way of eroding your defences and 2. my personal experience from playing on both sides tells me that tanking on order is just easier.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Dackjanielz

Post#47 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:52 pm

i can promise you that the constant yanking around from choppas is possibly the key reason why order has such a massive lack of tank players.
Because they're sick of it.

Being a tank means absolutely nothing being sucked into a insta death vortex on a constant basis.
Blocks etc doesn't mean anything when theres 10+ choppas doing it, only takes one to get through and WOOP ye gone.
Not to mention just generally how annoyingly disruptive it is as it throws your camera angle around which ever way it feels.

Order has no tanks thus it has no MDPS so we are a faction of RDPS and healers who run away constantly, surely you have noticed that.

Sinisterror

Post#48 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:19 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:52 pm i can promise you that the constant yanking around from choppas is possibly the key reason why order has such a massive lack of tank players.
Because they're sick of it.

Being a tank means absolutely nothing being sucked into a insta death vortex on a constant basis.
Blocks etc doesn't mean anything when theres 10+ choppas doing it, only takes one to get through and WOOP ye gone.
Not to mention just generally how annoyingly disruptive it is as it throws your camera angle around which ever way it feels.

Order has no tanks thus it has no MDPS so we are a faction of RDPS and healers who run away constantly, surely you have noticed that.
Are you really complaining how ORDER Tanks mean nothing? Do you understand that Order has a class that ignores every possibilty of avoiding attacks to you, your guardee AND fvking GUARD MECHANIC as well even Morale Avoidances doesnt do anything. Which do you think makes Tanking closer to impossible? The Irony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Zw4FUPacc Nobody complained about Gtdc when magus/engi were still allowed to have fun. Engi/Magus bring old Magnet/Rift back asap.

Order has had more Ranged dps than destro for 14 years.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Dackjanielz

Post#49 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:55 pm

Ok keep your knickers on lmao.

Ppl complained about rifts and magnets more because it was far MORE obnoxious than GTTC - that doesn't absolve the crime of GTTC.

And as a slayer player i would gladly lose rampage if it means being rid of that toxic GTTC anyday.

Earthcake

Post#50 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:05 pm

I play all 6 tanks and I find tanking MUCH easier on destro. Guardswapping is a breeze, it's much more annoying on order.
And durability is a problem on neither side.

And rampage doesn t remove 36 of my RR points (which i don t understand how you spec for 36pts into block/parry but whatever) since I do not spec into parry on destro tanks, and haven t for years, without any problem. When snb of course

Of course if you only spec/gear into something that will get nullified, as i read this morning 78% parry and 135% block (lol), then you will suffer.
But noone put a gun on your head and forced you to waste all your spec/gear budget on something that won't work.