Recent Topics

Ads

The Immortal Tank

Let's talk about... everything else
Cyrylius

Re: The Immortal Tank

Post#21 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:04 pm

tazdingo wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:13 pm you can get somewhere around 1.2 with sovmain/vanq/tri + talis + pot/buff + rugged... *1.45 for the hardcap + eating all practical +power someone is gonna have

only worth doing if you like theorycrafting and watching big numbers go up as you're still gonna die immediately to a bunch of stupid unmitigatable procs all hitting you at once. this build really is just for counter-trolling WH gankers
Yes, i assumed OP was asking about theory, not practical usage of very defensive tanks.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#22 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:05 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:03 pm 7 pcs sov 2 pcs triumphant, full toughness talis, toughness event item, tactic and pot gets you to almost 1200. could be higher with 2 pcs vanq, that gets you to 1250 depending on what event item you use. I will admit however that by not using vanq you lose 50 toughness but get 2 more sov bonuses, which are probably more useful. Anyway, you slap 45% buff on top of whatever your toughness is, and up it to softcapped 1700-1800.
Wow:o I always knew BG can have soft cap toughness on any build easily but didnt know they can reach those kind of numbers.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Cyrylius

Post#23 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:10 pm

Arguably, the best thing about that tactic is even if you dont invest in toughness at all you still get to at least 900 from base stats+gear+TF, even with low gear. its just a lot of free stat points. that being said, i dont even know what kind of effect would this kind of toughness value have on, say, slayer damage.

tazdingo

Post#24 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:13 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:00 pm
Cyrylius wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:31 pm
Tesq wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:32 pm

How do you even reach 1800 toughnes, if you have 1k even by using tactics it go to 1225 due overcap; maybe i miss some op toughness shenanigans?
Ok, you get to 1225. Then you get a terrifying foe proc, one which you can get 100% uptime on. Your toughness rises to 1775.
Fine, 1800 might have been a bit of an overstatement. But it's close.
1800 toughness? That seems super broken if you ask me.

it honestly doesn't achieve anything, you still take 1k+ crits from big dps and you sacrifice all of your dmg to get there. this build doesn't get very high avoidance either. terrifying foe remains most useful for turning unstacked toughness into a softcap

Sinisterror

Post#25 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:19 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:10 pm Arguably, the best thing about that tactic is even if you dont invest in toughness at all you still get to at least 900 from base stats+gear+TF, even with low gear. its just a lot of free stat points. that being said, i dont even know what kind of effect would this kind of toughness value have on, say, slayer damage.
That is how ive always used Terrifying Foe. 1k Toughness without investing much to it. I wonder how much dmg BG takes with 1700 toughness with -15% Dmg From Renown and Full Trivial Blows with -10% Crit dmg lini to bring Critical dmg taken to -50%.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

shrredhn

Post#26 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:23 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:10 pm Arguably, the best thing about that tactic is even if you dont invest in toughness at all you still get to at least 900 from base stats+gear+TF, even with low gear. its just a lot of free stat points. that being said, i dont even know what kind of effect would this kind of toughness value have on, say, slayer damage.
Ran around with about 1200 toughness on my BG all weekend punting people into lava. Slayers didn't hurt much.

There's a bunch of abilities that ignore toughness completely though which is silly. I don't remember all of them.

Broadhead arrow would hit for 50 damage and centuries of training do 140 on top of that.

WH absolution hitting me for 150 damage but bullet proc doing 350.

tazdingo

Post#27 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:25 pm

another thing i forgot to mention is that in practice a tanks best "survival tools" if youre just theoryscrafting and messing around solo to see what you can survive against are speed procs. ib and ch have the heal whilst bg has the ap, but both bg and ib can make better use of flee because of their mechanic to ap conversion. ib also struggle to stack disrupt like bg can but destro has 2 caster so ib has more potential disrupts. 2h weapon with speed proc is potentially better than snb... ive spent way too long thinking about this

Cyrylius

Post#28 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:29 pm

I'm pretty sure we are talking about hypothethical competition where we go to fort and have tanks go in one by one into order blob. Winner is the one who survives the longest.

Ads
tazdingo

Post#29 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:37 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:29 pm I'm pretty sure we are talking about hypothethical competition where we go to fort and have tanks go in one by one into order blob. Winner is the one who survives the longest.

then ib with m2 because nobody else is surviving longer than 5 seconds regardless of build

Cyrylius

Post#30 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:47 pm

tazdingo wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:37 pm
Cyrylius wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:29 pm I'm pretty sure we are talking about hypothethical competition where we go to fort and have tanks go in one by one into order blob. Winner is the one who survives the longest.

then ib with m2 because nobody else is surviving longer than 5 seconds regardless of build
We can safely assume that he doesnt get to m2.