Recent Topics

Ads

RvR Incentive for under populated side

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Martok

Re: RvR Incentive for under populated side

Post#21 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:07 pm

mynban wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:21 pmMake AAO based passive RR ticking on BOs when ram is not up...

That has been tried already. People complained for a number of reasons and that system was junked.

In addition, not everyone is that invested in the renown paper-chase. Solo and small group roaming is a viable and certainly acceptable manner in which to play the game and provides its own set of rewards.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Tothmonra

Post#22 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:23 pm

Would love to have you guys on my podcast an you share these same ideas an discuss them. Anyhow the doors open if you would like to bring these same ideas to the table on a live show that the devs to listen in on.

Aethilmar

Post#23 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:26 pm

1) Stop making it so profitable to zerg. It is easy to show up in a zone, hit the lord and get a bag roll. Zerg side already has it easy. Don't reward, for example, 6-man WE teams for ganking when their side already has number advantages. Dial down kill and contribution even more for heavy number advantages.

2) Maybe show everyone their actual contribution score and total renown earned in the zone. Make it transparent so people can work off of facts AND maybe those on the losing side actually did really well but just didn't feel like it b/c of zerging.

3) Bring back the score system for zone caps i.e. you can win the zone by keep take (which has a small but decent bonus) or by zone score. Final rewards are commensurate for both sides on contribution to that zone score in kills, supplies and caps (and whatever else is considered important).

Martok

Post#24 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:08 pm

Aethilmar wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:26 pm1) Stop making it so profitable to zerg.

The system is structured to promote zerg-style play and always has been. The classes themselves are balanced around it. I don't see that changing.

Aethilmar wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:26 pm3) Bring back the score system for zone caps i.e. you can win the zone by keep take (which has a small but decent bonus) or by zone score. Final rewards are commensurate for both sides on contribution to that zone score in kills, supplies and caps (and whatever else is considered important).

There once was a time here when SC participation counted toward zone contribution. I would like to see that return.

Kendaric

Post#25 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:13 am

Martok wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:08 pm There once was a time here when SC participation counted toward zone contribution. I would like to see that return.
There once was a time when every type of player could contribute to zone capture, even PvEers by doing PQs. Sadly those days are long gone...

Avernus

Post#26 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:39 am

Martok wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:08 pm There once was a time here when SC participation counted toward zone contribution. I would like to see that return.
And when the only thing you need to lock the zone its sc points the opposing players will be forced to join the sc, right? Its not like they can show you a middle finger and ignore the sc, right? (tip. yes they can and will do that. this system was changed for a reason)

Martok

Post#27 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:15 am

Avernus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:39 amAnd when the only thing you need to lock the zone its sc points the opposing players will be forced to join the sc, right?

Why would SC's ever be the only driver? Who ever said SC's would or should be the only driver? As I recall participation in SC's only counted as contribution and not a key factor in locking a zone.

Back in those days I would go to the active zone and take my SC's from there, but no zone ever locked until the keep was taken.

Avernus

Post#28 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:30 am

Martok wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:15 am Why would SC's ever be the only driver? Who ever said SC's would or should be the only driver? As I recall participation in SC's only counted as contribution and not a key factor in locking a zone.
Because there was a cap for a contribution points in each category. Yes, you couldn't lock the zone by capping everything and doing a few PQ. You were bound to have some points in sc category. Too bad you can't have any if there is no sc. And even if they do pop up - be ready to face full premade sc. Don't have a good party? You better don't even try to que unless you want to fail your realm (ofc there will be people like that anyway).

Ads
ceres75

Post#29 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:10 am

i agree, there is a problem with population balance, maybe can be helpfull give incremental rewards for holding BO in aao disavantage

Cyrylius

Post#30 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:25 am

There used to be BO RR ticks, very long time ago. They resulted in huge hordes of afk players on the easiest to get to BO, treated as renown piñata by any bigger group capable of following the leader. That said, they still made oRvR stałe at times. I can see that working fine in some zones, but i can already see 20% AAO in high pass and entire order population having an orgy in tavern. Don't get me wrong, idea is imo very good, possibly better than what we have now. It's just not devoid of flaws, and unless people acknowledge those it probably shouldn't be introduced.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.