Recent Topics

Ads

Can you correct this weapon?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Battlefield

Re: Can you correct this weapon?

Post#11 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:34 pm

Elzog wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:56 am No, don't change that weapon.
There are tons of other options if you want str.
Fortress, Malal, Anathema, etc.
If you want that proc, then use str talis.

That "similar" weapon is Malal's equivalent.
So, you admit that the Harrower weapon of the Chosen has a lack of class stats and if I wanted to use only these weapons that you named, I would not create this topic. Other Chosen players agree that Harrower needs to be fixed.

Ads
Elzog

Post#12 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:40 pm

Don't try to make assumptions based on your flawed views.
I'm pretty sure only a few chosen have replied here compared to the vast numbers out there in the game.
My point is that there are other weapons that fit your needs and it is better to have alternatives that have different stats so we can have different builds.
If this weapon doesn't serve your purpose, don't use it. Simple.

Earthcake

Post#13 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:51 pm

Different builds ?

Like very, VERY subpar ones i guess.
Then where is my willpower chosen weapon ?

Harrower is bad and most, if not every chosen, do not use it.
And while it is indeed simple, it may not be right.

Elzog

Post#14 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:10 pm

Very valuable input there. I'm guessing you're a rr30 chosen at best.

Battlefield

Post#15 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:37 pm

Elzog wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:40 pm Don't try to make assumptions based on your flawed views.
I'm pretty sure only a few chosen have replied here compared to the vast numbers out there in the game.
My point is that there are other weapons that fit your needs and it is better to have alternatives that have different stats so we can have different builds.
It's not an assumption, it's a statement that the Chosen's primary stat is thougness and strength but not weapon skill and any Chosen at high rr can say the same.
The player can choose for himself which weapon to use without advice from others.

oaliaen

Post#16 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:16 pm

Joshwa70 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:19 pm having less parry overall means you lose even more parry from not having it. You can buff your own str. Don't see a problem here. Lots of WL axes don't have str on them either.
Base dmg tottaly different

Elzog

Post#17 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:16 am

Battlefield wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:37 pm
Elzog wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:40 pm Don't try to make assumptions based on your flawed views.
It's not an assumption, it's a statement that the Chosen's primary stat is thougness and strength but not weapon skill and any Chosen at high rr can say the same.
The player can choose for himself which weapon to use without advice from others.
And there are weapons with those stats a
lready, why don't you buy those?🤷🏻‍♂️

Detangler

Post#18 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:59 am

Probably because spirit damage doesn't benefit from the armor penetration bonus of weaponskill, and the majority of Chosen's damage abilities use weaponskill. Just having a slight parry buff from that stat is just not worth it to use when playing the Chosen class. The weapon proc lifesteal has its use when going ultra regen, but losing that much str makes it way less useful.

I'm not sure why you are arguing so hard on this topic and belittling the opinions of others when you don't seem to fully understand the mechanics of the class.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Post#19 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:02 am

Elzog wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:56 am No, don't change that weapon.
There are tons of other options if you want str.
Fortress, Malal, Anathema, etc.
If you want that proc, then use str talis.

That "similar" weapon is Malal's equivalent.
did you even get that WS does nothing for chosen?

diegomess

Post#20 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:45 pm

harrower proc weapon is the best 1vX weapon so mostly for solo roamers and pretty much PVE, chosen has the worst variant for his class and is also a fast weapon with low AA dmg, basically is the lowest viable 2h dmg for chosen.

Chosen malal is the worst because proc doesnt stack with suppression. Doom is basically the fortress 2h but worse, harrower is the best and at the same time the most underwelming.

SM has very high str in all their sentinel weapons and 3.6 speed for a nice AA dmg.
This is the weapon that makes SM and IB unkillable in solo.

Consider changing harrower to STR main stat focused then wounds and initiative just like SM <3 and also a slow weapon just like the rest... its like they wanted to nerf this weapon just for chosen... BG/BO/kobs has a good version as well.
Chosen Dahaka RR88
BO Zamedi 80