Recent Topics

Ads

SC Dynamic Bolster

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
bittrio

SC Dynamic Bolster

Post#1 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:06 am

How in a PVP game are scenarios so absolutely brutal? I realize it's a RVR game, but SC's could be fun af and a big part of PVP. Yet they suck and are extremely frustrating.

It's very rare I find a close and fun battle. Instead my scenarios are usually one sided drubbings. Kill scores looking like: 43-4, 26-0, 16-0, 35-7.

There was a thread about win/loss and 500-0 scores. What about the kills? Not overall kills, seems like both order and destro get their fair share of beatings. The problem is almost every SC is just that... a beating. The kills are almost always one sided. When you lose, you get demolished and when you win, you demolish the other team.

A scenario starts out 10 kills one side, 0 kills the other, how's the losing team supposed to come back? One team is clearly better than the other. That team ain't coming back. They're either continuing to feed or going afk in their spawn. Chalk it up to premades, gear, skill, w/e. There's a clear need for balance with this common occurrence. You can usually tell right away if it's gg.

If the game is being actively developed has this ever come up?

When a team is down 10 kills, give them a buff. Down 20 kills double the buff. Have a dynamic bolster that changes with the kill count of the scenario.

I would like to see a handicap in scenarios to help the losing team. Otherwise, once people realize there's no hope in winning, everyone just sits in the spawn and the strategy becomes 'everyone stay here, don't let them get the kills'.
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Ads
zgolec

Re: SC Dynamic Bolster

Post#2 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:28 am

1. Get a proper grp to play with.
2. Git gud.
3. Profit rr & crests.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Sapblatter

Post#3 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:09 am

I understand your frustration Bittrio and we've all been there on the losing side and you don't have a chance, while the current scenario setup isn't perfect (yes I've been in scenarios when you have an abundance of 2 roles but none of the 3rd) but I do believe its the best option, the game doesn't have the active population to have a mmr system so equally skilled players could fight each other or when there is a perfect 2/2/2/ comp, this current system the average queue time is around 5-15 minutes for a scenario while with the other systems you was waiting 30-60 minutes for one.

I know there's a surrender option after a certain amount of time but maybe something can be added to give you the option to surrender if the kill count in the scenario reaches a certain limit.

Sulorie

Post#4 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:39 am

You actually want a premade on each team to farm the enemy teams pug group, then both teams can stack up kills. If not, the better team just wins, which means they make the first kill and from there it is like a snowball effect.
Rarely one dominating team at the start could lose if more players, especially stronger players on enemy team, join.

When you give a buff to weaker team after some slaughtering, what will be the purpose?
Make them strong enough to force equal kills? Wouldn't this be unfair for the enemy team, who doesn't need a huge buff to score a certain number of kills?
Let them lose with more than zero kills to feel better, when they still lose every SC?

General stat buffs are no solution similar to rvr, where this idea was brought up as well in the past.
One team dominates in SC as much as one realm might dominate a rvr zone.
Now imagine e.g. 4 rather average players (not those who farm their enemy at spawn) each of both teams meet at a sc objective and one team has a buff.
One of them would have a notable handicap just because someone else in SC makes all the kills.
This is unreasonable and unfair for anyone involved.

Any catch up mechanic you guys imagine should never increase individual power.
Dying is no option.

Avernus

Post#5 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:09 am

It's actually nice that you can afk at the resp until 11 00. Too bad the game can still kick you sometimes for doing nothing (read. not feeding).
But, compared to live, you are at least have a chance to not waste any more time on this trashy sc. (if only there were no "no surrender enemy needs more rr" individuals...)

bittrio

Post#6 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:09 pm

Yea I guess it just is what it is.

I was thinking from a new players perspective. Mainly fresh 40's, but also lower tiers. Thinking of ways to even the playing field to encourage game growth with new players. Doesn't seem to be desired. I looked back on some older videos and see the game population was 1.5-2k. Now we're about 200-700.

The game is older and most have been playing it for years really don't want a change. Zerg, farm, beatdown. I enjoy a more competitive pvp experience and with the lower pop, there's challenges with traditional mmr systems.

I'll get my nostalgic kicks out of this game and keep playing until it wears on me (which it already is, that's why I made this thread) Then I'll move on to something else. Guild wars 2 is probably the next game I try. I watched some videos on it, seems alright.

Warhammer has the best lore I've come across with goblins and orcs, but there's no system in place to prevent vets farming noobs. Bolster exists in RVR, but nothing in SC's strangely.
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Ashoris

Post#7 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:21 pm

Thats the inherent Problem of "Scenario" with a limited Playerbase .... nothing RoR specfic .. you could find this Problem in a lot of other games ...

but the problem arent new Players , but veterans who played this game for years, havent improved a single bit but instead blaming everything else for their loss'es ...

I had so many SC's on order side where a "veteran" who clearly had no clue was tryin to command people that were actually good at this game instead of listening to them ...
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

lemao

Post#8 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:25 pm

Queue pug scs for a higher chance of more balanced scs/no premades.
It´s a team game after all, facing 1 decent premade when there is none on your side yourself, accept to lose all of your scs or queue the pug sc.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#9 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:18 pm

it's broken, they know it, and they don't care. Once you come to that understanding and stop doing scenarios then maybe they will fix it. I personally would rather wait 20 mins for a good match, than get one right away that is crap. either way, I wait 20 mins for a good match, If the next one is even good. At a minimum, there should be at least 2 of each archetype in a scenario. Look how they have to bait the weekend event, 50% renownn / exp etc. Because they know it sucks.
-= Agony =-

lemao

Post#10 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:28 pm

Akalukz wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:18 pm it's broken, they know it, and they don't care. Once you come to that understanding and stop doing scenarios then maybe they will fix it. I personally would rather wait 20 mins for a good match, than get one right away that is crap. either way, I wait 20 mins for a good match, If the next one is even good. At a minimum, there should be at least 2 of each archetype in a scenario. Look how they have to bait the weekend event, 50% renownn / exp etc. Because they know it sucks.
They already tried that.
Also it would not be 20 min, it would be 30 + mins. No one wants/wanted to wait for that long.