Recent Topics

Ads

Order side race speed boost?

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Ashoris

Re: Order side race speed boost?

Post#21 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:16 pm

Valfaros wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:31 am Better pulls because you can kill the pet? The pet is increadibly fast at the enemy can switch targets within the last moment and doesn't give you a visual tell when it's gonna pull. Killing it every single time when it is summoned isn't really feasible either.
There are people who play destru who can ... good awareness is keay ... certain squigs/sorcs are pretty good :)
Valfaros wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:31 am but you know what you also can do is use a interrupt. Ever heared of that odd skill, taunt, no? Maybe rkd that last longer and have larger ranges on order and available on more classes? Also no? Well I guess there is just no way to stop the pull...
tell me how long of a timer has a mara after gettin taunt or KD interrupted ? Please at least try to accept that the mara pull is in many ways superior in his current state
Valfaros wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:31 am Then the talk about the tanks...really how many leaps do our tanks have again? Was it 0. Ah yes it was wasn't it? Pretty fair I'd say, especially since there is very little use of SE. But you calling it out as somehow an advantage is really odd.
It is not odd having 2 tanks with crossguard and up to 3 possible speed procs in open RvR ... it makes a difference in hands of a good kite grp vs more enemies
Valfaros wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:31 am Decent players have it easier?
How can you look at the numbers and you are like yeah but decent players have it better.
No but as i stated in various threads before ... how effective a class is depends heavily on class design - WL is simply a high FLOOR class for example while other classes have a very low floor and a very high ceiling.
understanding the limit of the data quality used as input in the numbers strongly helps in such discussions (ranked is an easy to understand indicator that specific classes are performing totally different than in the "all numbers" ).

Its now the 2nd and 3rd time you just answered without even trying to understand the details and i dont want this to end in a quopte war. If you really interested in discussing that topic instead of just posting your opinion or even play together (on order or destru side) iam happy to answer any PM :)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Ads
Sofong

Post#22 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:48 pm

yeah mara op nerf mara

Valfaros

Post#23 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:28 pm

Ashoris wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:16 pm Its now the 2nd and 3rd time you just answered without even trying to understand the details and i dont want this to end in a quopte war. If you really interested in discussing that topic instead of just posting your opinion or even play together (on order or destru side) iam happy to answer any PM :)
Which details? Seriously. It's a pointless discussion to beginn with because it trys to look at something in a vaccum and the initial question was answered long ago like the 3rd reply. So before you came in arguing about how you don't understand why counterplay was removed and it's easier to survive on destro while all orvr data shows the opposite. "But you see the light was shining into my eye and I was blinded hence this is why actually the opposite is true." Excellent argument nothing to say there.

Yes the mara pull you can start casting again as with every skill but if you can't break los or gain more range within 4 ish seconds I don't know what you are doing but you'd be pretty bad at ranged ganking. In small ganking groups you don't have that much time against wl pulls neither is it reliable to burst it down. CC works best but LF can prevent that.

Also high skill floor for WL? What? Ceiling maybe but floor...one of the easiest meeles to pick up. Requires 3 buttons to work decent. I mean you can see it from their solo kills it's after a classes that have stealth. Can't be really hard if it on average outperforms classes with kiting abilities. "Yeah you don't understand you can't read data this way you gotta read it the other way." Or "In a gank group it gets suddenly super difficult compared to other classes because of reasons I making up on the spot because there is nothing to back me up."

Aluviya

Post#24 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:51 pm

Sofong wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:48 pm yeah mara op nerf mara
I don't think you can compare a bursty class like WH/WL vs Mara that fills more into an enabler/debuff role. However I think in this whole comparison and discussion one really needs to compare how well certain classes work that are actually the victims of those that do have gap closing abilities and/or speed procs. For example I do feel that BW compared to Sorc is way way harder to play despite having on the paper more skills that should help you in orvr (self cleanse, armor buff, rangekd). Any group you put up together for kiting doesn't work with same efficiency and I am not just stating here my own opinion but also what I've heard from known kiting Groups (Teinhala for instance) that do play both sides. And there are a lot of "why's" involved here such as some skills you have a range of 80 ft on BW. Or having potentially a reliable speed tactic somewhat enables for more risky moves SW vs Squig. WL Pet can be CC'ed before it approaches a target... Don't get me wrong a Fester SW + BW work well if they are not focussed but in terms of kiting and surviving and getting kills I do feel that Squig + Sorc are far more superior. I can't count the times where I am almost picked from the backline as an order RDPS. I do play both sides and I enjoy both comps. But there still are balance issues here such as: Squig one of the classes with almost all escapes that are available for the entire class roster of RoR. Finally - I can relate to the frustration out there but as there is an ongoing rework on all abilities (check:viewtopic.php?p=529031#p529031) there is actually no point in arguing atm about the current state.