Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 09/02/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Cyrylius

Re: Patch Notes 09/02/2023

Post#11 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:32 pm

It was probably already explained and i should know that, but might i ask for a clarification what exactly is speculative dye? Will that for instance dye marauder sov back piece, or white parts of SM skirt chest pieces?
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Emissary
Community Management

Post#12 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:00 pm

Well I am going to annoy a lot of people with /karen I can already see the future :)
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Vaul

Post#13 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:09 pm

Looks like a great event, can't wait. Thanks to all involved!
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

TrainInVain

Post#14 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:01 pm

Great work event changes look fun.

need a /sorrynotsorry emote for those of us who don't give a **** about 1v1 in mass combat area.

ekalime
Developer

Post#15 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:10 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:32 pm It was probably already explained and i should know that, but might i ask for a clarification what exactly is speculative dye? Will that for instance dye marauder sov back piece, or white parts of SM skirt chest pieces?
Specular areas are set on some dye-able areas of armor to have light reflected, so based on the 'world source of light' they shine back a different color. This does not affect areas that were completely un-dyeable before. Some pieces had spec-maps set up by Mythic (we are unable to do so currently) and such dyes will overwrite the armor's reflective color and 'shine' with a new color, but do note that not every armor piece has them set so please check first with an addon before purchasing and being disappointed. A good way to test is to apply the dye and rotate your character in the player window to observe if there is a shine. An example for anyone with an ironbreaker or IB friend is their high end armor which had a blue-ish 'gromril' shine - and even if you dyed your gear red, that blue shine remained making you look mismatched; these dyes will overwrite that 'gromril' shine. Hope that adds some clarity if not... wait for others to experiment :D

Sulorie

Post#16 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:43 pm

ekalime wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:10 pm

Specular areas are set on some dye-able areas of armor to have light reflected, so based on the 'world source of light' they shine back a different color. This does not affect areas that were completely un-dyeable before. Some pieces had spec-maps set up by Mythic (we are unable to do so currently) and such dyes will overwrite the armor's reflective color and 'shine' with a new color, but do note that not every armor piece has them set so please check first with an addon before purchasing and being disappointed. A good way to test is to apply the dye and rotate your character in the player window to observe if there is a shine. An example for anyone with an ironbreaker or IB friend is their high end armor which had a blue-ish 'gromril' shine - and even if you dyed your gear red, that blue shine remained making you look mismatched; these dyes will overwrite that 'gromril' shine. Hope that adds some clarity if not... wait for others to experiment :D
So this is changing the color tone of the shine only? When your characters armor doesn't shine on its own now, then it won't have an effect?
Dying is no option.

BluIzLucky

Post#17 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:59 pm

Does /karen have special interaction with guild leaders? :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

ekalime
Developer

Post#18 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:26 pm

Sulorie wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:43 pm So this is changing the color tone of the shine only? When your characters armor doesn't shine on its own now, then it won't have an effect?
The dye has a color itself, so 'Rephallim Shimmer Red' will dye your gear that dark red - still a small bonus. However, yes, if the armor does not have a specular area set then you will not any effect, and you will not see that red 'shine'. It is best to test on pocket palette to see if your armor has spec maps set. I cannot guarantee that every piece has it.

Ads
Rubius
Developer

Post#19 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:22 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:59 pm Does /karen have special interaction with guild leaders? :lol:

We call this: "Social Aggro" :D

Godsider7

Post#20 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:08 pm

What about Black Ork Sov Shoulders? Can they be dyed yet or no?