Recent Topics

Ads

[Feedback] Night of Murder 2023

Let's talk about... everything else
Dackjanielz

Re: [Feedback] Night of Murder 2023

Post#11 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:01 am

Just to say i agree i wish city sieges was like this, alot of fun.
The quest somewhat fails on the "stealth" part but the all out warfare of it is certainly a good laugh.

Ideally if you really wanted the stealth thing to work i suppose the players should infact be stealthed and only decloak when revealed by NPCs, this would certainly stop the players camping the non flagged guys, ofc i have no idea if thats remotely possible to code or not tho.

And frankly i think alot of ppl will just settle for all out war anyway :D

Ads
Absinth

Post#12 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:55 am

(Note: Feedback below does not apply to the rr80 event quest because I'm only rr60)

The event quest is nice in theory, in practice it is pain for destro compared to order because its tight spaces that gets filled by order players waiting to kill you, now its not as bad as it was first day but at start you would have 2 whole parties waiting for your death trying to hide the witchhunter from you. If we close eye on those two problems it was fun for me, it focused on something that is not really a focus of this game, you know being sneaky and all of that. Unluckily I finished all of my quests before I had chance to go with warband to altdorf soo i missed on that fun, it would be nice next time to allow everyone join thru the altdorf portal or just make the cloak not dissapear from your eq soo you can jump with your warband and not be left out.

As for small scale argument, I dont see why it would be worse, zergs sit in one zone and you have usually two open. Just go to another one if it's shame on your honor to shadow a warband with your 6man and pick of single targets, scenarios are also most of the time small scale. I think its safe to say that while this event makes people zerg more it is not a threat to the whole meta, people were going into massive blobs since live and the whole RVR is short for REALM vs REALM so by itself it defines as big fights.

zulnam

Post#13 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:23 am

Two of the trophies are faction locked and that makes me sad.
Last edited by zulnam on Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

ravezaar

Post#14 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:09 am

I think Devs should have cred for all the work and all Events tho this isnt any for me, I like the Wyvern Easter Egg one with Dyes a plenty and I liked the Vampire Cloak Event alot more, more variation in rewards and more Exploring around the world.

I dont like invading City part, there needs to be a safe Zone tho yea u dont have to engage so not to bothered much worse things ingame current like the state of LotD and Player bahvior so this not a big deal.

Event requires action in 2 SC's only having 1 open first Weekend makes it harder to do it on Alts, dont like that about it either. This event also makes the WE/WH grouping even worse cause it plays into there hands. Il pass on the Event but as I still said I appreciate the effort from Devs, this just dont appeal to me is all.
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

waerter

Post#15 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:36 am

I like the event but the rewards are really uninspired.
I also think it would be better if in the Infiltration-Questline you were actually in stealth mode until the opposing NPC have flagged you. That would be fairer to the players. Because ganking is a big issue and frustrating in this Quests.
A good addition would be a few hidden quests in the enemy city to encourage exploration and sneaking around. Maybe a special Item if a groups does the enemy city-Dungeons

Regarding the proposal to make the city fight without instances: The idea is interesting, but I think the balancing problem would be even stronger than it already is. One would have to strengthen the Defending Faction so that it has a chance to actually defend its city. And I don't think that's possible with the current NPC logic.
If this is not the case, the fight becomes very one-sided.

Thorba

Post#16 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:41 am

Hi,
I like the EVENT, great job, but i don't like the bug :

I did the event for the monure quest in inevitable city, I fell into the void and now my character is blocked and can no longer respawn or use a book or do anything.
In the chat it says: "could not find a respawn point for you"
Can you unblock me please (i do a post in game support)

BluIzLucky

Post#17 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:53 am

Kaelang wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 12:21 pm Hello!
Great event, awesome to see new ideas explored!

Add an Opposing City Dungeon Inf Vendor
I'd love to see a Influence Vendor added in IC for CT and one in AD for BBBE, I've seen a few requests before for being able to get extra tokens for Sent weapons, this would provide very unique reward to the event being able to pick 2 more weapons and a 3rd ring.

Could add some of the weapons that you normally have to trade for, since they would show up under a different ToK entry.

ORvR City
Hope we'll see an Orvr version of city tied to the campaign (scheduled 24 v 24 to stay), basically working like a fort event.
Probably deserves it's own thread entirely.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Emissary
Community Management

Post#18 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:26 pm

I like everything about it.

I do, however, like what one poster has already stated. Make the non flagged players stealthed until one of the mobs unstealths them.

It would make it more of a challenge on the players who are trying to gank and spread us out more so we are not just all blobed on the one person who is not rvr flagged.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#19 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:01 pm

My only criticism for the event would be that the final part of the mount quest apparently requires a group to complete and this wasn't explicitly stated in the first part of the quest description.

I ended the quest line at the 90 day mount - assuming that the final part would require a group/warband to complete, and had this assumption confirmed by others in advice chat. I'd been burned on quests you've created like this several times before, where it starts out being something that can be soloed and then changing into being impossible without a group.

I usually do these types of quest late at night during NA times when population is low and I'm usually just looking to get the quest done as quickly as possible, making grouping problematic. I'm not saying that you should stop creating these types of quest, just that you should make it clear at each stage whether or not you will be required to be grouped.

Other than that, I've found the other additions to this to be quite fun and look forward seeing more like this in the future! Great job all!
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ilthay

Post#20 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:45 am

I loved the infiltration portion. I would prefer if the guards didn’t hit as hard and could be killed easier, as that puts the pressure of being flagged into the spotlight.

I wish buffs from the shrines in the ORVR lakes were longer durations. 20 minutes, or 30 like a liniment. I also think the shrine concept could go further. Introduce a roaring band of khainites or witch hunters that grant benefits if defeated or protected, that could also serve as a roaming danger that attacks you if too close.

Rewards are ok. I’d like the pocket skulls to actually do something though. Having a pocket item that does nothing is just depressing, and an immediate inventory suck.