Recent Topics

Ads

CASE STUDY: War Crest vs RR progression

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
tlitschye

CASE STUDY: War Crest vs RR progression

Post#1 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:12 pm

Would like to shed some light on War Crest progression compared to Renown Rank.
Almost reached RR 80 and bought the following stuff:

All lowbie War Crest Gear up to 39 but not all the weapons. Tome unlocks done by bloodlord gear.
Full Conc
4x Vanc
Fort Weapon
Triumphant Jewel, the 9999 replica version
Triumphant Back

Currently sitting at 100isch Crests.

If there is any appetite to use this for a short progression study let me know and we can go in more detail.
My preferred verson of the story would be once you hit RR80 you are also close to having your BiS gear.
Any opposing views? Or maybe i did something wrong during gearing, let me know.

Ads
Azm

Re: CASE STUDY: War Crest vs RR progression

Post#2 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:27 pm

9999 for the Jewel is like an entire Sov set more or less, no?
So maybe it’s the « mistake »

Cyrylius

Post#3 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:28 pm

Varies so wildly that I'd probably say it depends and close the thread. Depending on class, gearing efficiency and spec you might be anywhere between getting bis gear sans ranked ring the moment you get to the required level or finishing sov mix at 80+. To put it into perspective, my magus is 81 and fully geared while my bg is 84 and about 25k crests away from getting the most important sets i needed.
That being said, for classes that don't require full sov getting the set as you reach the requirements is reasonable if you don't buy too many pvp gear on the way, and for those that need lots of gear 80 is still very manageable.
Edit: I don't think counting ranked ring is a good idea, it's very much a post game grind for 80+ toons so that there is some incentive to still take them to orvr.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Omegus

Post#4 » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:31 pm

As much as Triumphant/Victorious should just be another set, the ring on its own currently costs about the same as full Sov. I don't want to say "you did it wrong", but buying the ring was a bit of a mistake. There's currently two end-game milestones in ROR currently: when you get your sov-level set (if suitable for your class), and when you get the final perfect combo including the Triumphant/Victorious Jewel.

And be careful, as you might get renown gain nerfed ;)

There is always the option to hold onto as many crests as possible and PVE your way to the Invader ward. Depending on what class you are playing this could be viable or it could cause force you to use very underwhelming or unsuitble gear if you save your crests for Sov.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Sulorie

Post#5 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:34 am

You could have went for 5 sov 3 tri and go with sent jewel until you farm enough crests for tri jewel as endgame goal.
It's not meant to have it all as fresh rr80.
Dying is no option.

HammerGuy

Post#6 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:12 am

A full sovereign set costs 10383 crests. You bought the triumphant jewlery, which is a marginal improvement over the sentinel jewlery, for 9999 crests.

I'm suffering through the sorcerer class. I'm at rr70 with over 7400 crests. I bought conqueror, then got sentinel and bloodlord. I can buy all of the sovereign set minus the chest and helm.

Scottx125

Post#7 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:50 am

Why would you buy the jewel before the Sov set.. The Sov gear gives you most of your strenght, the jewel is just a tiny piece of your BiS gear. It's usually the LAST thing you get.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

eerytraveler

Post#8 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:28 am

Lol case study in something for sure.

The 9999 ring is there just as a carrot for people to keep playing after they have everything else. How you didn't comprehend that is amazing seeing as you played long enough to figure it out.

Ads
Florian90210

Post#9 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:05 am

If you have guildmates or kind souls who could take you through dungeons, then you will be fine with renown\crests balance. As others said, it's strange decision to get jewlery first.

Akalukz

Post#10 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:03 pm

Gear cots pre Invader is very minimal, maybe 2K total for all sets (not counting weapons) or Free with easy PVE. Invader + is where the time sink comes in both in PvE and RvR sets. I think the progression is really good honestly. If you are riding the pug zerg then it maybe a little less rewarding as the # of crests drops some if you are in bad groups.

(EDIT 3276 through vanquisher and 1222 for weapons through RR45
-= Agony =-