Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario Rework

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kendaric

Re: Scenario Rework

Post#111 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:07 pm

Nekkma wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:19 am The only thing i agree with is removing the surrender vote as that is just terrible.
The vote is needed since no one wants to waste their time on a scenario where you get stomped. However, it should only be possible to surrender based on score difference instead of time. Not sure if that's doable though.

Ads
Nekkma

Post#112 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:17 pm

Kendaric wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:07 pm
Nekkma wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:19 am The only thing i agree with is removing the surrender vote as that is just terrible.
The vote is needed since no one wants to waste their time on a scenario where you get stomped. However, it should only be possible to surrender based on score difference instead of time. Not sure if that's doable though.
I played this game 8-9 years without this feature. It is most certainly not needed.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Kendaric

Post#113 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:32 pm

Nekkma wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:17 pm
I played this game 8-9 years without this feature. It is most certainly not needed.

You want people to stay in a scenario they have no hope of winning? Sorry, but that is not my idea of fun and I believe many players wouldn't find that fun either.

lemao

Post#114 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:26 pm

Kendaric wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:32 pm
Nekkma wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:17 pm

You want people to stay in a scenario they have no hope of winning? Sorry, but that is not my idea of fun and I believe many players wouldn't find that fun either.
Most surrender votes are justified, when your team is truly outclasses either skill wise or archetype wise.
From my experience atleast 1/3 of surrender votes aren´t, even tho you can´t win the sc by points anymore, you can atleast try and get some kills in those.

But people prefer to give up after the first encounter and stay near the spawn to wait until minute 11.

CountTalabecland

Post#115 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:30 pm

Just make a pug version of weekend scen and a premade version of the weekend scen.

Problem solved.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

lemao

Post#116 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:37 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:30 pm Just make a pug version of weekend scen and a premade version of the weekend scen.

Problem solved.
Sure , then increase the rewards for the premade queue by atleast x3, else everyone is going to choose the pug q on this server.
90 % of players on this server look for the easiest way to get wins/rr/gear with the least effort possible (unfortunately) instead of good fights.

Kloaner

Post#117 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:24 pm

To think you can force or educate people to play a certain way is naive to say it nicely. People have been trying this in a larger pvp game for years to no avail.
The qol changes have little to do with the situation we are experiencing today, we saw the same behavior in 2009.

btw. People will find a way to exploit the **** out of that MMR ranking but at least we will have more activity in the forum :D
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#118 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:01 pm

I don't think we need a 2:2:2 setup in every SC, but an SC shouldn't start without a healer and a tank on both sides. RDPS need limited in the queue to only fill so many spots on both sides. It should take longer to queue as an RDPS, but that's a needed evil with how many people play RDPS right now. I'd almost say there needs to be a finite limit on RDPS per SC pop. 2 spots in 12v12 and under, and 4 in 18v18+.
Same with stealth classes. Maybe a max of 1 or 2 per SC in all setups, because the oversaturation of terribly geared WH/WE players is far too high for the game to be enjoyable in SCs.

I think the removal of options to pick and choose scenarios is also a bad idea, the rotation exists so you have variety to selectively choose from, and picking one you want to play is important.
Moreover, I think two maps with similar mechanics should never be in the rotation together. Nordenwatch shouldn't be active at the same time as Reikland Factory, for instance.

WarCamp guards as an anti-farming mechanic is the best option. Barriers suck and can be worked around. We've seen it in action with Pyramid with people sending pets in there, or with pulling people, or with healers stepping RIGHT outside the barrier to heal, etc.
If you're even thinking about stopping a team at the warcamp that's just sort of chilling there, they should have a surrender option a lot sooner than you getting there to start farming them. And they should be penalized for sucking and not get as much rewards.

Discordant scenario needs better GM policing (and GMs need better tools to make those judgment calls), and removal of duo queue since people can't behave in the PUG SC. They also need to follow the rule of 'at least 1 tank, and at least 1 healer per match' - in the event that someone drops, the system should prioritize the backfill with the role the match lost.
Sucks when someone feels they're being stomped that is capable of turning the match around just leaves, and then they /truly/ have no options.

Weekend warfront needs improved to provide ranked mode rare currency, and needs a rebranding as 'advanced SC currency'. This is long overdue and would be less of a headache on the staff.
In addition, ranked needs an increase to gains in comparison to weekend SCs so there's still a massive incentive over SCs to play them.

Surrender vote is needed, no one wants to be stomped by a premade. If the above changes were made to the PUG SC queue, you could take that a step further and disable surrendering in the PUG SC or increase the timer.
The question is, should it happen faster... and if it does, rewards need to be neutered for poor performance (afaik, this already happens in every aspect but war crests).

Ads
eerytraveler

Post#119 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:27 pm

Gravord wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:31 am
eerytraveler wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:10 am Removing disordant would be the same thing as forcing people to play ranked only. Yeah duos ruin it sometimes, just make it solo queue only.

You're not 'splitting the queue' as the people queueing discordant have zero desire to fight 6man discord premades anyways. Those premades can sit there and wait for another to fight (ala ranked). Have fun with that.
Whoah, daemonizing players daring to group in multiplayer game much?
Those daring to group can go fight the others that are daring to group ala group ranked. I wonder why no one queues that???? If it is so desired it would be popping nonstop.

nocturnalguest

Post#120 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:54 pm

eerytraveler wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:27 pm
Gravord wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:31 am
eerytraveler wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:10 am Removing disordant would be the same thing as forcing people to play ranked only. Yeah duos ruin it sometimes, just make it solo queue only.

You're not 'splitting the queue' as the people queueing discordant have zero desire to fight 6man discord premades anyways. Those premades can sit there and wait for another to fight (ala ranked). Have fun with that.
Whoah, daemonizing players daring to group in multiplayer game much?
Those daring to group can go fight the others that are daring to group ala group ranked. I wonder why no one queues that???? If it is so desired it would be popping nonstop.

Oh wait https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... oup_ranked Yet again

To be absolutely fair, i personally is fed up with this urban legend that goes like "premades only farm pugs", its absolutely of no interest to everyone i know who are really good in this game and some have left the game cause no challenge. Amount of people that are skilled enough and meet no challenge i believe could turn out to be much bigger than amount of absolute scrubs pressing 1 in orvr that left cause "scarry premades are wrecking me so hard that i log off"