Recent Topics

Ads

So I played "Blood of the black cairn" sc

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Florian90210

Re: So I played "Blood of the black cairn" sc

Post#11 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:54 am

geezereur wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:26 am I just did this event on 2 char 1 on dest and 1 on order, I think I saw 1 destro premade and 5 order premades took a bit longer to get done on destro. It seems Order got many more premades.
Funny. I got opposite experience. My order SCs were complete pugs with DD AMs and tanks which ran away and hide behind healers. And when I log my destro character most of the time i get easy wins. It feels like matchmaking don't put premade vs premade, but almost always pug vs premade.
Spoiler:

Ads
Fallenkezef

Post#12 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:15 am

Florian90210 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:54 am
geezereur wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:26 am I just did this event on 2 char 1 on dest and 1 on order, I think I saw 1 destro premade and 5 order premades took a bit longer to get done on destro. It seems Order got many more premades.
Funny. I got opposite experience. My order SCs were complete pugs with DD AMs and tanks which ran away and hide behind healers. And when I log my destro character most of the time i get easy wins. It feels like matchmaking don't put premade vs premade, but almost always pug vs premade.
Spoiler:
That does seem to be the impression, confirmation bias or not.
Alea iacta est

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#13 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:37 am

Florian90210 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:54 am It feels like matchmaking don't put premade vs premade, but almost always pug vs premade.
hello good evening

Akilinus

Post#14 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:07 am

My prediction, Git Gud issue.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

lemao

Post#15 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:09 pm

Another post filled with pug players crying .
Keep them coming, makes my day.

DiMakss

Post#16 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:14 pm

Finally, the perfect event

Waaghtastic

Post#17 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:15 pm

DiMakss wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:14 pm Finally, the perfect event
- no clear problem statement ✅
- instead of answering to my message (viewtopic.php?t=50275&start=40#p530477) ranting in a different thread about the same issue ✅

What’s your problem here?
Form a grp, search for someone who has already the pot to mark people. Start sc or go into oRvR, mark squishy targets and kill them. Shouldn’t be harder then taking screenshots and searching for images to make this pointless meme like rant post.
Last edited by Waaghtastic on Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akalukz

Post#18 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:32 pm

Scenarios with King of the Hill are fail for the most part and only highlight the disparity in the poo match making system. Thunder Valley and Blood used to be good pug vs premade scenarios because you had to watch all the points, they changed that sometime and made it premade win only basically. They did a similar thing with Riekland hills game, used to be fairly good scenario until they changed the mechanic to favor premades.
-= Agony =-

Ads
lemao

Post#19 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:44 pm

Akalukz wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:32 pm Scenarios with King of the Hill are fail for the most part and only highlight the disparity in the poo match making system. Thunder Valley and Blood used to be good pug vs premade scenarios because you had to watch all the points, they changed that sometime and made it premade win only basically. They did a similar thing with Riekland hills game, used to be fairly good scenario until they changed the mechanic to favor premades.
If would say they did the exact opposite, they made them better.
Instead of purely people capping flags and running away from fights, they forced them to PVP instead of PVE. Sounds way more fun to me.

Akalukz

Post#20 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:01 pm

lemao wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:44 pm
Akalukz wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:32 pm Scenarios with King of the Hill are fail for the most part and only highlight the disparity in the poo match making system. Thunder Valley and Blood used to be good pug vs premade scenarios because you had to watch all the points, they changed that sometime and made it premade win only basically. They did a similar thing with Riekland hills game, used to be fairly good scenario until they changed the mechanic to favor premades.
If would say they did the exact opposite, they made them better.
Instead of purely people capping flags and running away from fights, they forced them to PVP instead of PVE. Sounds way more fun to me.
Depends on the perspective of premade vs non premade players. If by farming people who have no chance at winning is what you call fun, they yeah i guess it is.

EDIT; i disliek both being in a premade and pugging scenarios, they are predictable and stale. 99% of the time the match winner is decided in first minute. There is very little chance or tactics that change it. ORvR is full of chance. About only time i do scenarios is when required to do so for live Events. Win or Lose in scenarios they suck overall.
-= Agony =-