Recent Topics

Ads

So I played "Blood of the black cairn" sc

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Cyrylius

Re: So I played "Blood of the black cairn" sc

Post#31 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:10 am

reverting the king of the hill change would just make the pug farm longer per one SC pop, and nothing more.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Kloaner

Post#32 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:45 am

Nameless wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:28 pm But, but the barriers will make them better with the time, isnt it?
yes that's what they told us.
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#33 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:02 pm

Valfaros wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:48 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:14 pm Objectives only matter when one side can't simply kill the other and camp spawn.

So objectives barely matter in this game since like 90% + of scens end in surrender.
Well atleast there used to be a possibility to punt and fight from safety when you were pushed back to spawn. Barriers kinda destroy all of that. Got a tryhard meele premade facing you? Alright time to not even try. I still don't understand the benefit of this. Just leads to an 100% immediate snore fest if one side is at an advantage.

Even happens if a pug vs pug gets killed the first time. I say rarely but it happened often enough where you used to be able to turn the sc around if you had an unlucky start. No way you can turn the sc around if some start to stay behind the barrier. I mean as a ranged dd that requires kiting to not evaporate why would you excit the barrier into a meele train...just plain bad design and opposite of the original devs that also added cannons to give a further advantage when pushed to spawn.
sounds like a l2p issue. they said.

cromathor

Post#34 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:19 pm

The SC isn't even that bad. There's multiple spawn exits so you can't really get spawn camped. You can uncap back flags to pull people off of your spawn as well. It's the mindless mentality that BOTH FACTIONS have where they cap 2 flags, run mid, then dive face-first into a fight and either win or quit or Continue spawning and running into enemies while refusing to surrender in some strange act of 'courage'. If people just regrouped after a failed push and played the game correctly they would get more kills and more rewards, but that takes effort and a little accountability so...

Hot take but it really is a l2p issue. Sure the premades-vs-pugs debate rages on but at certain times of the day there are literally only 12 people q'ing on one faction so there's nothing to be done about the matchmaking system unless you got a handy solution that magically repopulates the server.

During peak hours you really need to form premades and learn how to play as a team instead of playing solo. This isn't League of Legends. If you don't have the social skills to play in a 6 man group without everyone having a meltdown then you've got bigger problems than sc balance.

Ninjagon

Post#35 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:32 pm

Why do you think that in SCs there are premade vs pugs only?
It is not true. In 10 games, you will often get variations of everything. But that is not a point.

If you feel like, you are as Pug getting stomped by premade all the time, isn't it a time to change that?

Move your a**, make a proper group of 6 and you will see that your chances are much bigger. And if its still not working, change the group.
Anyone can do that. Just don't be lazy, sir or lady!
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

eerytraveler

Post#36 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:47 pm

lemao wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:58 pm
inoeth wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:54 pm 25 games so far 0 wins cool

premades ruin the game

nerf slayers

thx
Solution : Get gud.
Translation: roll slayer. Wait 5 seconds, pop rampage, spam inevitable doom and retribution. Act like your doubling of the damage of the next closest destro is due to skill.

lemao

Post#37 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:59 pm

eerytraveler wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:47 pm
inoeth wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:54 pm 25 games so far 0 wins cool

premades ruin the game

nerf slayers

thx
Translation: roll slayer. Wait 5 seconds, pop rampage, spam inevitable doom and retribution. Act like your doubling of the damage of the next closest destro is due to skill.
If you are having big problems vs slayers in a sc like this where you have plenty of room to kite or your tanks are to stupid to shatter them, interrupt their channels or use defensive punts....then yeah it might be you/your party not playing smart.

eerytraveler

Post#38 » Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:06 pm

lemao wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:59 pm

If you are having big problems vs slayers in a sc like this where you have plenty of room to kite or your tanks are to stupid to shatter them, interrupt their channels or use defensive punts....then yeah it might be you/your party not playing smart.
Not playing smart, that's why slayers are leaps and bounds better than all the other mdps in the game. Lol are you new? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ads
Sulorie

Post#39 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:12 am

eerytraveler wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:06 pm
lemao wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:59 pm

Not playing smart, that's why slayers are leaps and bounds better than all the other mdps in the game. Lol are you new? :lol: :lol: :lol:
How many slayers does it take for you to stay in spawn?
Dying is no option.

zulnam

Post#40 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:26 am

cromathor wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:19 pm unless you got a handy solution that magically repopulates the server.

AI.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG