Recent Topics

Ads

Killboard - Healing & Protection

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
HammerGuy

Killboard - Healing & Protection

Post#1 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:20 am

Would it be possible to add healing and protection categories to the killboard? It wouldn't fit with the name of the page. It would be nice to show off who is keeping the sorcs, BWs, slayers, and choppas alive though.

Ads
rady

Re: Killboard - Healing & Protection

Post#2 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:50 am

I don't think its possible to get those stats from RvR, only from sc.
Ris IB
Risx 8Xrr SH (retired)
BO 85rr (retired)

Battlefield

Post#3 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:57 am

rady wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:50 am I don't think its possible to get those stats from RvR, only from sc.
In rvr it counts in groups or warbands also always, press the button L

rady

Post#4 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:57 am

I know that but how do you get that data? Also wb leader can reset it I think.
Ris IB
Risx 8Xrr SH (retired)
BO 85rr (retired)

Absinth

Post#5 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:50 am

rady wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:50 am I know that but how do you get that data? Also wb leader can reset it I think.
If there is a serversided counter of that then it should be easily possible to just take that serverside counter and make it also send stuff to killboard, not only to people in wb aswell as bypass the wb reset of it. (easily as there should be no obstacles with reusing the code)
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Minisynn

Post#6 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:38 pm

Those stats would be meaningless on the killboard, because they're endlessly fluff-able if you so choose - and unlike with kills it's not a bannable offence (for obvious reasons)

Not to mention they're essentially worthless. For example a WP can just sit in the middle of their faction in sieges and spam Martyr's Blessing on cooldown which heals anyone, regardless of whether they're in the same group/warband, and even though their healing might be significantly less effective than someone spot healing their party pushing in the keep door, they're going to have significantly higher numbers overall - so it'd just be a board of who's fluffing the highest. This already happens in warbands to a lesser degree, it's why context is always important when analysing stats but the killboard doesn't offer that.

Similar with Prot, but it's also extremely subject to variance based on who tanks are guarding as well as what content they're doing (expect the killboard to be entirely made up of whoever is guarding Choppas/Slayers in rvr lol, or whoever gets rushes their challenges out first in keep pushes) and is basically a meaningless stat in a vacuum, which is exactly what the killboard is
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Florian90210

Post#7 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:36 pm

Killboard says it's all by itself, it's about kills and egomaniacs who do them. Tanks and healers are just peasants who serve.

Uchoo

Post#8 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:03 pm

I'm not really interested in any further statistics until I see a scoreboard for who runs the most boxes each week.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Ads
Loans

Post#9 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:54 pm

Uchoo wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:03 pm I'm not really interested in any further statistics until I see a scoreboard for who runs the most boxes each week.
this :mrgreen:

Aethilmar

Post#10 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:06 pm

Minisynn wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:38 pm Those stats would be meaningless on the killboard, because they're endlessly fluff-able if you so choose - and unlike with kills it's not a bannable offence (for obvious reasons)

Not to mention they're essentially worthless. For example a WP can just sit in the middle of their faction in sieges and spam Martyr's Blessing on cooldown which heals anyone, regardless of whether they're in the same group/warband, and even though their healing might be significantly less effective than someone spot healing their party pushing in the keep door, they're going to have significantly higher numbers overall - so it'd just be a board of who's fluffing the highest. This already happens in warbands to a lesser degree, it's why context is always important when analysing stats but the killboard doesn't offer that.

Similar with Prot, but it's also extremely subject to variance based on who tanks are guarding as well as what content they're doing (expect the killboard to be entirely made up of whoever is guarding Choppas/Slayers in rvr lol, or whoever gets rushes their challenges out first in keep pushes) and is basically a meaningless stat in a vacuum, which is exactly what the killboard is
Lies, damned lies and statistics. :P

However, you are thinking about it wrong. There is nothing wrong with making the information available even if some schmuck is going to use it for frivolous bragging rights.

And it isn't as though the current stats are "pure" by any means. Many of those "big time" kill leaders are just folks in high RR warbands that actively avoid sieges so they can run around and "fluff" their numbers against pugs and such. By the same logic we should remove the kill board because of that.