Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Post#1 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:42 pm

Highlights
Weekend Warfront: Battlemarsh

Things have degenerated in the Marshes of Madness. As both sides struggle for dominance of the crucial battlefield, unable to establish control, veterans of the battles at the ruins of Mourkain conflict return to the site to once again take up arms for the cause. The heroes of Order and the champions of Destruction have but one goal: take control of the Mourkain Temple, once and for all!

This weekend Battlemarsh will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Mourkain Temple scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.

Complete all tasks to earn the title "Marshreaper".

Realm versus Realm
Scenarios

- Discordant Skirmish is no longer able to be queued by a party of two players. This is intended to curb some of the intentional or unintentional queue grouping. Please note that we do have bigger scenario changes in the works for the future and this will in no way be a final state.

- Battle For Praag, Howling Gorge & Gromril Crossing will no longer immediatly open the next flag for capture and instead wait 30 seconds before opening.

Foretresses

- Experience and Renown gained in a Fortress battle has been increased.

Content
Tier 1 Influence Re-work

High Elf and Dark Elf Chapters 1-4 have had their influence rewards fully upgraded as part of our ongoing T1 Influence rework. Both realms can now acquire much stronger gear for both Main and Off-specs for their class as early as Chapter 1-2, as well as belts with Talisman Slots and blue rarity weapons.

Chapter 4 now grants a new, special Purple rarity cape. These capes are quite powerful for Tier 1, and will grant protection from either melee or magical attacks - but you'll have to decide which to choose.

Next, we'll move onto the final T1 Influence Re-work for Dwarf and Greenskin chapters. You'll also see a slight stat increase for Chaos/Empire influence items, so stay tuned!

Lairs

- The Lair for Feculesh the Defiler is now active within Ostland, and defeating the boss drops tradable items with Disrupt chance. (Note: The original version of this lair on live required first finding 14 Gravestones in the world, which is not currently required.)

World Building: Voice Lines

- Grand Theogonist Volkmar now has idle Voice-over lines and will sporadically speak within the Temple of Sigmar.

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer also now has idle voice-over lines within Karaz-a-karak.

- Engra Deathsword now has idle Voice-over lines and will sporadically speak in the Sacellum Arena, and Lycithas the Harridan Seer now has an idle Voice-over line within the Monolith.

- High Elf Chapter 1 now has new NPC dialogue for Calumel Survivors, and voiced lines added for Galoran Surewind.

Items

- Bankers should no longer have empty slot which you cannot use if that slot previously had a discontinued item.

Bug Fixes

[20725] - The Marauder Harbinger Pummelers are now actually Pummelers, with icon and in-game model fixed. No more putting boots on your hands, even if it is funny.

[20726] - Fixed a clipping issue that allowed players to go through the wall in IC.

[20704] - "It ain't Bad in Da Gudlands" quest for Destro has been improved to require 20 kills from anywhere within the Badlands, instead of requiring kills at a specific BO.

[20728] - The Bestial Token vendor in Karaz Eight Peaks now works properly.

[20705] - A portal was added for sneaky destro to leave the Bright Wizard College.

[20735] - The Essence of Khaine can now be worn by everyone with questionable taste in trophies and aromatic products.

[20571] - Goblin Green Dyes existed with three IDs preventing them from stacking. Two of these now decay into the lowest value ID so after decaying they will stack. Not a pretty solution, but it is a workaround of sorts.

Ads
Detangler

Re: Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Post#2 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:04 pm

I really like the scenario changes, both the discordant and the 3 mentioned. The delay on opening the next capture point needed to happen, or both sides occasionally would just sit on their respective spots and trade captures because you cant run to the next one in time. gonna be queueing discordant all weekend thats for sure!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#3 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:08 pm

all changes in this patch are great, good job devs! :D

Detangler

Post#4 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:12 pm

One note on the discordant change - either the instances of players duo dropping in groups was actually bad enough that they had to make these changes, or the perception was bad enough that they had to make changes to satisfy player demand. either way I'm happy about it. I am a bit sad that I don't have a way to game the system to get increased priority for scenarios, tho!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Tesq

Post#5 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:22 pm

Detangler wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:12 pm One note on the discordant change - either the instances of players duo dropping in groups was actually bad enough that they had to make these changes, or the perception was bad enough that they had to make changes to satisfy player demand. either way I'm happy about it. I am a bit sad that I don't have a way to game the system to get increased priority for scenarios, tho!
Can use the good ol' way of queue with tank /healers always work

oaliaen

Post#6 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:30 pm

Nice patch, and griefers slowing their progress through the game.

uanaka

Post#7 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:41 pm

Tesq wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:22 pm
Detangler wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:12 pm One note on the discordant change - either the instances of players duo dropping in groups was actually bad enough that they had to make these changes, or the perception was bad enough that they had to make changes to satisfy player demand. either way I'm happy about it. I am a bit sad that I don't have a way to game the system to get increased priority for scenarios, tho!
That's the thing, you can't queue with tank/healers now for discordants, so DPS are doomed for long queues and the tossup of if they get a tank or heal

Kpi

Post#8 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:44 pm

Now my wife and me cant play together in Discordant... really? :(
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:01 pm

uanaka wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:41 pm
Tesq wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:22 pm
That's the thing, you can't queue with tank/healers now for discordants, so DPS are doomed for long queues and the tossup of if they get a tank or heal
No i ment to log and queue as, because tank /heal notoriously have fast pop

Kendaric

Post#10 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:34 pm

Thanks for the changes to discordant skirmishes :)