Ads

Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Kaelang

Re: Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Post#71 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:46 am

Sulorie wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:08 am
Kaelang wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:04 pm I'm really struggling to see why there are so many questions around this. It's really not very hard to grasp.

Discordant Skirmish is a pug / solo scenario queue, that's it. If you want to queue into that, go for it. If you want to queue the normal scenario solo or with a premade, go for it. If you're losing and not enjoying it, go and do something else. If you don't have people online in your immediate guild / friendlist but want to premade, find some people to do it with. /5 is there.
The thing is, people will queue solo and by chance, even unintended might get into the same sc.
In SC people are supposed to work together - no matter whether you queue solo or with premade.
This means swapping guard, assist and what else each archetype should to do.
Furthermore people should adjust groups before the sc starts, in case classes are unbalanced in both groups like all tanks in one group.
Should you refuse to assist on a guildmate in DS sc, because it is a guild mate? Refuse to guard and stay in guard range? This is all one big grey zone, because you just do what any team has to do to win.
It's not grey at all.

If you're in a scenario with a guildie, who cares if you guard them or heal them. There is a very clear difference between a group coming together with the sole purpose of abusing the queue and a group who ended up in the same scenario playing as a team. I'm sorry I'm being dismissive but there's too many people coming out of the sidelines saying 'but but but what if if if what but but what if maybe if however but if maybe' - it's not that deep.

Don't abuse the queue system and you're fine. Play the game how you would. If we see you're abusing the system, expect to be dealt with by GMs. If you aren't, don't worry about it. It seems to me all the people who are caring this much about how to work around 'the GMs' are the people who are trying to find ways to get around the system itself.

There's nothing more to be said on it.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
mynban

Post#72 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:13 am

I cant honestly believe some people complaining saying "but now I cant go against pugs with a dedicated healer/tank, how is this fair?"

For those who claim the disc SC duo system was not abused, I am happy to drop a few names in private (I dont want to name and shame on public forums). Then you can go check their SC activity datamining it from killboard, to see the definitive proof that there were duos who would exclusively queue for disc SCs (without queueing for standard SCs). We are not talking about an evening where 2 friends from a guild have a bunch of SCs. We are talking about people doing just disc SCs with exact same duo, without ever stepping into standard scs, for weeks. Not to mention, that there are often other duos in their team, although it is literally impossible to prove that they were coordinated in their queuing.

Thing is, everyone in this thread knows what I am saying is true, yet they wanna try their chance with mental gymnastics to maintain the ability to go against pugs as an organized group without risking facing another organized group. There is nothing more to it.

My wholeheartedly thanks to dev team for the change, and I hope it may help grow the population.

HammerGuy

Post#73 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:40 am

mynban wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:13 am I cant honestly believe some people complaining saying "but now I cant go against pugs with a dedicated healer/tank, how is this fair?"

For those who claim the disc SC duo system was not abused, I am happy to drop a few names in private (I dont want to name and shame on public forums). Then you can go check their SC activity datamining it from killboard, to see the definitive proof that there were duos who would exclusively queue for disc SCs (without queueing for standard SCs). We are not talking about an evening where 2 friends from a guild have a bunch of SCs. We are talking about people doing just disc SCs with exact same duo, without ever stepping into standard scs, for weeks. Not to mention, that there are often other duos in their team, although it is literally impossible to prove that they were coordinated in their queuing.

Thing is, everyone in this thread knows what I am saying is true, yet they wanna try their chance with mental gymnastics to maintain the ability to go against pugs as an organized group without risking facing another organized group. There is nothing more to it.

My wholeheartedly thanks to dev team for the change, and I hope it may help grow the population.
The problem is that it screws over those legitimate duos.

A more appropriate solution would have been to exclude duos from a scenario if the guild tags matched between one or two members of another duo (excluding the no guild players and those in the default guild). It would still be possible to game the system, but it would take more effort than a 3 second countdown to queue on Discord.

Detangler

Post#74 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:12 am

mynban wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:13 am We are talking about people doing just disc SCs with exact same duo, without ever stepping into standard scs, for weeks.
That was allowable under previous rules. Nothing wrong with playing with a buddy and wrecking face
mynban wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:13 am ot to mention, that there are often other duos in their team, although it is literally impossible to prove that they were coordinated in their queuing.
Did you just contradict yourself here?

PM me some names. Maybe I'll recognize some of them, maybe not. More curiosity's sake than anything else....
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Caduceus

Post#75 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:07 am

Kaelang wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:46 am
It seems to me all the people who are caring this much about how to work around 'the GMs' are the people who are trying to find ways to get around the system itself.

There's nothing more to be said on it.

It was a genuine question.

This hostile attitude towards the playerbase is a bit worrying honestly. I noticed it also during our conversation on the RoR Discord. I understand you guys receive a lot of undeserved **** from the playerbase, but treating every player here like they've mistreated you is not the way you want to go.

The rules as you're stating them are clear enough, but the implications are so strange which is the reason I asked.

If one guild member is queueing Discordant, apparently no other guild member can without risking the ire of the GMs.

I understand - Discordant is for solo queue only.

Does this mean that when I am solo queueing and find I'm up against people in the same guild I can report this to the GMs and action will be taken?
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

Phantasm

Post#76 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:13 am

It would be great to set rule for discordant queing renown rank below 80. Problem solved.

mynban

Post#77 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:29 am

Detangler wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:12 am Did you just contradict yourself here?

PM me some names. Maybe I'll recognize some of them, maybe not. More curiosity's sake than anything else....
I don't see any contradiction, but possible poor communication skills on my end maybe. What I meant was that there pairs of players, where those two players queued nothing but disc SCs together, without ever queuing standard SCs (not just for an evening but for weeks). I know that doing this was allowed; yet it was a very clear abuse of people who want to go against pugs, while having an organized benefit of their own, while also avoiding facing other premades.

And also in the matches where you see those pair, there would often happened to be other pairs on same side in the match. But any queue coordination among different duos was almost impossible to prove. Select few exceptions where match would start 1vs5 then 2 duos would join at the same time towards end of 60s timer. Even then it could have been a coincidence.

Sending you PM for the names of a duo who used do queue nothing but disc SC, w/o queuing for standard to avoid risking facing other premades.
HammerGuy wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:40 am The problem is that it screws over those legitimate duos.
"Legitimate duos" were people who wanted to maintain the advantage of having organized composition with a dedicated tank/healer/assist over pure pugs by queuing disc SC as duo, while also avoiding any larger organized premade groups by not queuing in standard SCs.

"Legitimate duos" can still queue for standard SCs. Only downside is now they risk facing other premades.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#78 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:31 am

lmao poor "legitimate" duos :(

it's so sad they don't know that they can queue for normal scenarios, my heart goes out to them in these dark times.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#79 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:52 am

mynban wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:29 am

... I know that doing this was allowed; yet it was a very clear abuse of people who want to go against pugs, while having an organized benefit of their own, while also avoiding facing other premades.

And also in the matches where you see those pair, there would often happened to be other pairs on same side in the match. But any queue coordination among different duos was almost impossible to prove. Select few exceptions where match would start 1vs5 then 2 duos would join at the same time towards end of 60s timer. Even then it could have been a coincidence.

Sending you PM for the names of a duo who used do queue nothing but disc SC, w/o queuing for standard to avoid risking facing other premades.
"Legitimate duos" were people who wanted to maintain the advantage of having organized composition with a dedicated tank/healer/assist over pure pugs by queuing disc SC as duo, while also avoiding any larger organized premade groups by not queuing in standard SCs.

"Legitimate duos" can still queue for standard SCs. Only downside is now they risk facing other premades.
But those other duos could face duo premades in enemy team, furthermore it sounds as if the duos are on one team only. Why shouldn't 2 players avoid a full 6man?
Well, it's done now anyway, albeit I doubt it will improve match quality. Being curious what the other fixes will be.
Dying is no option.

Ekundu01

Post#80 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:02 pm

The changes to the discordant queue isn't going to change much during low population times.

If only 1 Discordant SC is running because not enough people are on and doing the Discordant SC you will still get matches where if a duo or more wanted to all queue up solo the chances of them all getting in the same SC are pretty high. Mainly it is a problem with NA time and into the late night NA hours when the population drops off. This change only really effects EU where you might have a few Discordant SC going at the same time. During NA time I have seen Multiple Discordant SC's where you are fighting a majority of the same people over and over. No fault to them it is just the population at that time doesn't support it because not enough people are doing it to have a constant flow of different players.

Players what want to abuse this during low population times are still going to do it. They are just going to be more shady about it if they know they are not supposed to do it as outlined in this thread.
Trismack