Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Tesq

Re: Patch Notes 24/02/2023

Post#21 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:20 pm

Spoiler:
Kaelang wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:50 pm
bittrio wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:47 pm I can dig it.

Solo players need somewhere to play and have fun w/o getting romped by premades and or duo's queuing together. If I'm just laid back playing SC's solo, it's more relaxed and casual. Let the true pugs battle it out.

I heard something about ranked. Is that still available?

If it is, we should have 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5, 6v6, 12v12, 24v24 ranked battles. Leaderboards, good rewards, all that.

I've only been playing ror for a few months now after having played at launch, so I don't know what the deal is. But I'd love a wow style ranked system where we could do premade small scale and have seasons or w/e. Good rewards are needed to make this a reality.

That's where the groups should play (ranked) while making the scenarios more pug friendly like this update just did.

I know some will complain because they like to farm, but for longevity and to attract new players this is needed. Otherwise the old players will chase out the new players.
We have a ranked 6v6 queue system both for solo-queue and for premade 6v6. The queue works as intended, and requested, but isn't utilised. We have seasons and had exclusive rewards - people didn't like that as it funnelled people into the system instead of leaving it to be a suitable system for 'balanced' queues.

A lot of the current concerns around the current SC matchmaking has already been addressed with the ranked queue system, 2/2/2, solo and premades etc. But people don't queue for it.

Begs the question as to why.
I can give some feedback about that

A) rewards attract ppl for ....that and not good play so the party comp degraded over time.
B) cross realm party match making killed it for me, i prefered the very first itieration wait 15 min with no reward nice fights.
C) you nerfed dok/wp aoe detaunt cuz for someone was too strong in ranked so i dont even play ranked for protest as cherry.

Ads
Haojin

Post#22 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:51 pm

what's the difference between pug sc and discordant skirmish now ?
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Tesq

Post#23 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:54 pm

Haojin wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:51 pm what's the difference between pug sc and discordant skirmish now ?
There isnt and in fact it should be deleted to reduces queue time.

Rubius
Developer

Post#24 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:57 pm

Haojin wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:51 pm what's the difference between pug sc and discordant skirmish now ?
Pug SC was renamed into Discordant skrimish last year. At the same time, it was also updated to trigger various scenarios when it popped, so you could get different maps instead of always getting the same SC.

Bavradai

Post#25 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:03 pm

We've been able to queue duos in .pug SC's for ages.
Saddened by this change.

Sulorie

Post#26 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:22 pm

DS sc is really fair now for everyone, because everyone might have a miserable experience, as you can't queue with a reliable healer or tank anymore. ;^)
Dying is no option.

Kaelang

Post#27 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:38 pm

Sulorie wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:22 pm DS sc is really fair now for everyone, because everyone might have a miserable experience, as you can't queue with a reliable healer or tank anymore. ;^)
If you want to create an organised group for your scenarios, be that with a pocket healer, pocket guard or friends. Feel free to use the main queue. Discordant Skirmish remains an option for solo players who just want to hop in and battle instead of trying to create optimal groups.

As mentioned on the OP, this isn't the only change coming to matchmaking. DC was always meant to be a pug queue, replacing the old pug queue system. Therefore expect mix-matched groups, or join up with people in LFG and hop into the other queue.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

kryss

Post#28 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:19 pm

Already saw big names getting wrecked in solo pug SCs, I bathe in the sweet taste of the so called "pros'" and queue abusers' tears

Ads
Amdus

Post#29 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:50 pm

Kaelang wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:50 pm
We have a ranked 6v6 queue system both for solo-queue and for premade 6v6. The queue works as intended, and requested, but isn't utilised. We have seasons and had exclusive rewards - people didn't like that as it funnelled people into the system instead of leaving it to be a suitable system for 'balanced' queues.

A lot of the current concerns around the current SC matchmaking has already been addressed with the ranked queue system, 2/2/2, solo and premades etc. But people don't queue for it.

Begs the question as to why.
Are you saying that you genuinely don't know why people doesn't queue ranked? Or are you being sarcastic?

geezereur

Post#30 » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:51 pm

ravezaar wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:11 pm nice discordant change , good patch. stick it to the abusers
Agreed great change.