Recent Topics

Ads

Killboard and disconnets

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Detangler

Re: Killboard and disconnets

Post#21 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:28 pm

Battlefield wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:09 pm
lemao wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:03 pm
Battlefield wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:35 am If the guard kills you with a oneshot Terminate ability 30k damage and if someone attacked you before (even if there was only 1 dot) , then the enemy gets a solo kill for the killboard.
Seriously delete this NONSENSE please or remove guards from all sc ! Or i'd rather go play WoW pvp...
About 6-7 of my 18 solo deaths are fake, due to game bugs.
GL in Wow, no one cares.
and this problem of this game no one cares, it's sad...
You've got it wrong. No one else cares about your killboard stats except you. Not a single solitary person looks up anyone else to compare themselves to and goes "yeah, I'm better than THIS guy or THAT guy." No one cares! There was some grumbling a while back over a duo that ran around always together - ranged dps and healer. they zerg surfed, disconnected when outnumbered, and duo'd scenarios and only fought when odds were favorable. all this got them to wrack up like a 1000:1 kill death ratio or something silly. People cared about that and cried foul for... reasons, i guess? other than that, no one cares. you care about the fact that some of those solo deaths weren't "real" solo kills on you? Great, keep that in mind next time you look up your stats. Sleep well at night knowing you've actually got 15 less solo deaths to your name. But no one else cares about your solo kill/deaths. None. Don't beg and plead for devs to use their own precious time and energy to fix your epeen. there are plenty of other things that deserve more attention in this game.

get it now?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
Hugatsaga

Post#22 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:46 pm

I wasn't aware that dc'ing gets you solokilled in killboard but its good that they changed it. There is a player who is famous for alt+f4-ing when about to die and if that kind of behaviour gets rooted out its great.

Now making killboard more accurate like OP suggested is not bad suggestion but the benefit from the fix is so small that its hardly worth committing any resources for. Getting oneshotted by guard npc's shows as solo kills as well at least last time I checked but its falls into same category. The whole killboard should be taken with grain of salt and not get obsessed over. Like previous poster said, most likely the only person who checks your killboard is you and nobody else cares.

However this obsessing over k/d ratio is nothing new. Die in game = die irl attitude for some has been part of this game since live, mostly because of Dammaz Kron addon back then. And for some people playing for k/d ratio is the endgame. I'm not sure why. I don't really see that in WoW but maybe because there is arena/ranked battleground ratings to e-peen over. I mean there kind of is in this game as well but the scene is dead afaik. Can't blame devs for that though, they tried.

While playing for k/d can be fun challenge, obsessing over it is bad imo because again nobody else cares and also it's hard to improve as a player if you never put yourself in difficult situations where you have to play really good. Good solo players like Mpdv and them constantly put themselves in difficult situations where they are outnumbered a lot and try to play as close to perfection as possible to win in those situations. Same with some duo-ers, 3-man and larger grps as well but mostly this is true with soloers/small scale groups.
Live: Daeneria, Polestar
RoR: Calmdown, Goldman, Kohta, Madguard, Magnumforce, Northsorc, Northstar etc
Youtube

Battlefield

Post#23 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:11 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:28 pm
Battlefield wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:09 pm
lemao wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:03 pm

GL in Wow, no one cares.
and this problem of this game no one cares, it's sad...
You've got it wrong. No one else cares about your killboard stats except you. Not a single solitary person looks up anyone else to compare themselves to and goes "yeah, I'm better than THIS guy or THAT guy." No one cares! There was some grumbling a while back over a duo that ran around always together - ranged dps and healer. they zerg surfed, disconnected when outnumbered, and duo'd scenarios and only fought when odds were favorable. all this got them to wrack up like a 1000:1 kill death ratio or something silly. People cared about that and cried foul for... reasons, i guess? other than that, no one cares. you care about the fact that some of those solo deaths weren't "real" solo kills on you? Great, keep that in mind next time you look up your stats. Sleep well at night knowing you've actually got 15 less solo deaths to your name. But no one else cares about your solo kill/deaths. None. Don't beg and plead for devs to use their own precious time and energy to fix your epeen. there are plenty of other things that deserve more attention in this game.

get it now?

It's not just about my solo kill/death personally there are dozens of players who care but they know that complaints on the forum are useless and i meant that no one cares if the killboard works correctly or not, don't get me wrong.

For some reason solo kill feature was added to the game and it shows how well you play your character class and how you know the game, but now solo kill can be achieved by bugs simply and easily, even if you could never do it 1 on 1 with someone.

The system must work correctly or it is better to disable it, that's all.

Auto kill was made before the killboard was created to prevent players from crashing the game avoiding character death but now this applies to everyone who just has a disconnect in combat without crashing the game, as a result the enemy often gets a solo kill.

Guards terminate ability can guarantee a solo kill to the one who attacked last before, dot is enough.

Scenario objects that cause damage to the player (including lava) can guarantee a solo kill to the one who attacked last before, just need to touch a little.

Also possible a jump from a height.

P.S If the developers decided to play deathmatch, then you need to add a detailed rating to the main page of the site right at the opening, so that everyone can see and give some rewards for.
Last edited by Battlefield on Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valfaros

Post#24 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:02 am

Like seriously how often do you disconnect? Because I think I had it maybe once in what 6 months? And I used to have 5 seconds where the internet would disconnect and yet the game just resumed after without kicking me....

People who would jump into lava, guards, and whatever could kill them to avoid being solokilled are more likely than than people who accidently get killed this way. Also if the enemy does happen to punt you into lava ... yep he outplayed you.

To me this sounds a bit like someone who would like to avoid when someone is about to solokill them...

That said I would enjoy a list on the window that shows you top dmg sources. Would fix your issue and one could gain some insights which abilities really hurt the most. But not really sure if the effort to get these stats is worth it.

Gangan

Post#25 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:09 am

I would propose to add the tag "Ragequit!" to deaths via disconnect. Just to let anyone know you haven't been soloed 😉
Pächter des Wahnsinns
Gangan - SH 75 .... Blumnmoscha - BO 63
Scophis - Zealot 73 .... Drengur - WP 64
Iznogoud - Sham 50+ .... Bixo - Engie 50+
Apogemoth - Magus 40+ .... Loarelle - AM 65
originating from Drakenwald

Battlefield

Post#26 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:10 pm

Valfaros wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:02 am Like seriously how often do you disconnect? Because I think I had it maybe once in what 6 months? And I used to have 5 seconds where the internet would disconnect and yet the game just resumed after without kicking me....
There was a 10 month break before and after I started at the end of January 2023 and while I was playing completely almost every day for many hours until March 12, I had about 8-9 disconnects in battle for the whole time, I played around 2 months (I'm connected via wifi).
Checked my ping with returnofreckoning.com and it is 40-50. I hope I answered your question.
Last edited by Battlefield on Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Everdin

Post#27 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:52 pm

And if they disable it your next thread is "People disconnect while they were loosing against me to avoid a solo kill" ?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Battlefield

Post#28 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:16 pm

Everdin wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:52 pm And if they disable it your next thread is "People disconnect while they were loosing against me to avoid a solo kill" ?
Sarcasm? The game should distinguish before disconnecting how many players participated in the battle before and what damage did they do also. Not only disconnects is problem, as well any
non-player collateral damage (guards, sc objects,lava etc) because now this damage is attributed to the player, as long as you're in combat.

https://killboard.returnofreckoning.com ... oOnly=true almost 50% of solo deaths from bugs if I continue to play every day for a year it will be a facepalm.

if you can't fix it all, it's better to disable it solo kill feature.(gone to play world of warcraft)

Ads
chookette

Post#29 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:22 pm

we don't give a **** about solo kills

Minisynn

Post#30 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:26 pm

I was gonna spend precious energy replying to this topic, then thought why not just let chat GPT do it for me 🤗

https://imgur.com/vcqMmqP

I also included one of chat GPT being toxic just to give it that authentic RoR forum feeling

https://imgur.com/9Ln4x9o

(Spoiler: Chat GPT is based)
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube