Recent Topics

Ads

Sc Weekend

Let's talk about... everything else
Ashoris

Re: Sc Weekend

Post#41 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:33 pm

chovudal wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:07 pm It has always been a pity this premade vs. Pug and its quite silly. So best:
1. Match making would be adjusted like rank, its so easy
2. Make all sc pug or premade queue: all have a choice. And for propremade: play ranked
3. But there is no change because of well known reasons and the only solution would be: just never get into fight as pug vs premade, so all premade get bored..
We all know its easy to adapt but obviously its NOT wanted!

Another annoying point.. u queue with healer: there 8 healers of 12, u queue as dd: there is no healer..
Pls rework matchmaking!
this example is not premade vs Pug .... Its premade+ orderPug vs premade + Destru Something
and simply the orderPug is worse than the "destru Something" ... same will happen in PuG only SC's for the same Players (and they will join the forum and qq about people abusing the PuG system- because by no means they can accept that they loose simply because they are playing worse than the other side)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Ads
Kloaner

Post#42 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:40 pm

Spoiler:
chovudal wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:21 pm
Kloaner wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:06 pm
chovudal wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:07 pm 1. Match making would be adjusted like rank, its so easy
How long you wanna wait for 1 SC as a range dps? ~ 900 Players and People talk about a MM.
Doesnt matter, its an old argument, never proven.
Better more quality than quantity....MM doesnt matter too. Just make a try for a week even with pug only
So dont repeat all the old answers
just play WoT and play Arty in certain times or specific game modes and you have your answer. but yeah lets try, will be funny.
AM / RP / Shaman / Zealot / WP / DoK

Sulorie

Post#43 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:38 pm

chovudal wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:07 pm 1. Match making would be adjusted like rank, its so easy
How long you wanna wait for 1 SC as a range dps? ~ 900 Players and People talk about a MM.
Better more quality than quantity....MM doesnt matter too. Just make a try for a week even with pug only
This is incorrect and you should know it. SC pop frequency went down by a huge margin when a more strict group setup was enforced by MM. We have done it all, it's no new brilliant idea.
Last edited by Sulorie on Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

chovudal

Post#44 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:59 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:38 pm

This is incorrect and you should know it. SC pop frequency went down by a huge margin when a more strikt group setup was enforced by MM. We have done it all, it's no new brilliant idea.
What i mean
2:2:2 gives at least same pre-condition, even if pug vs premade.

Or just give the possibility to queue all scs as pug = only solo queues
and all sc for premade only queue
So premade faces premade and pug - pug
-> all pug and MM doesnt matter, if u fear the frequency.

But It cant be wanted that u queue as premade and fight 30 scs in a row vs pugs (last friday) but same time others, who queue solo face always same opponent premade...but yeah just find more excuses.
Really i love long good fights and not hunting lower pugs without tank e.g., but many think different like schoolboys beating weaker pupils.
There is no success without at least same archetypes.
What they are speccing, equipping or using assist is definitive player based and another point.
Yours sincerely Geheimrat Chovu

Eng 85+ | SL 84+ | SM 84+ | WL 83+ | IB 82+ | WP 80+
(Eng RR100 on live - Carroburg/ Karak Norn -)

Fallenkezef

Post#45 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:35 pm

So we basicly have 5 pages based on a whining post about a better team beating a poorer team.

I'm starting to get annoyed to be honest. These kind of threads dilute and derail the GENUINE issues confronting casual players and player retention.

This game has ALLOT of problems. Gear cap between low/starting 40's and Sov. Premades dominating pugs in RVR, lack of real endgame incentives etc.

The video in the OP highlights NONE of these problems. SC's are in a generaly good place right now with duos being taken out of discordant. Gear capping discordant could be the only real thing needed to make a pug/casual friendly enviroment exist for this game.

The video only highlights THREE things and only one of them is legitimate grounds for complaint.

1) The value of organisation and team play in an SC.

2) Bad sportmanship and sore losing by running to the forums.

3) (the only genuine thing raised in my opinion) too many SC's allow for spawn camping and create a situation where a losing team finds it too hard to break out and even things up.
Alea iacta est

Detangler

Post#46 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:19 am

chovudal wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:30 pm
chovudal wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:22 pm
Detangler wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:21 pm if a real matchmaker were implemented and you are playing an overpopulated arch type, maybe play something else thats needed?

If you queue solo and don't make an assist button for another DPS class and don't use it, maybe it's more your lack of game knowledge and skills that's the issue?

If you queue solo into a game type known to have premades with a greater chance of losing, maybe look for/create your own group so you don't get stuck with no tanks/healers?

Honestly, 80% of "premades" are 6 randoms that found each other over /5 and use guard/assist. There is nothing inherently special about them and they can easily be beaten if your side does the same. OP doesn't seem to understand this, along with a lot of posters in this thread.
U write much with less content that doesnt point out the problems sry
Now u ask why. Simple: if u wanna log in for an hour or two and just have fun in sc, u cant look for a premade and tbh u have to make a double slayer at least one, to carry other pugs. Unbelievable, all the arguments...nothing new. Try the other way and we will see
1. When you quote yourself like that, are you arguing with yourself?

2. I didnt point out problems, i pointed out solutions.

3. If you only got an hour or two, you can absolutely look for/form a premade. People are glad to have you even for that amount of time if it means having allies that know what they're doing. A lot of time I limit my game sessions to the length of an armor pot on purpose so I don't waste a day gaming when I should be tackling chores/house stuff. Never have I come across someone that got mad cause I left after an hour. I've even been up front and told them "I got a half hour or so" and it's always been "ok cool." You can even give a heads up that this next is your last scenario so they can start spamming LFG at the beginning of your last scenario so your spot is filled as soon as you're done. I promise you this works.

So what other excuses can I shoot down for you?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Asderas27

Post#47 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:59 am

Honestly removing pvp would solve all the problems r0r playerbase is facing instantly.
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

chovudal

Post#48 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:55 am

Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:19 am
chovudal wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:30 pm
chovudal wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:22 pm

U write much with less content that doesnt point out the problems sry
Now u ask why. Simple: if u wanna log in for an hour or two and just have fun in sc, u cant look for a premade and tbh u have to make a double slayer at least one, to carry other pugs. Unbelievable, all the arguments...nothing new. Try the other way and we will see
1. When you quote yourself like that, are you arguing with yourself?

2. I didnt point out problems, i pointed out solutions.

3. If you only got an hour or two, you can absolutely look for/form a premade. People are glad to have you even for that amount of time if it means having allies that know what they're doing. A lot of time I limit my game sessions to the length of an armor pot on purpose so I don't waste a day gaming when I should be tackling chores/house stuff. Never have I come across someone that got mad cause I left after an hour. I've even been up front and told them "I got a half hour or so" and it's always been "ok cool." You can even give a heads up that this next is your last scenario so they can start spamming LFG at the beginning of your last scenario so your spot is filled as soon as you're done. I promise you this works.

So what other excuses can I shoot down for you?
Why are u writing at all? Why the sarcasm? U know the answers for 1. and 2., if not sorry...
3. Isnt a solution!

My Questions:
Why defending the status quo? What are u losing?
For years i see all the same unsubstantiated arguments. Life is change even the digital one, only status quo is death.
Yours sincerely Geheimrat Chovu

Eng 85+ | SL 84+ | SM 84+ | WL 83+ | IB 82+ | WP 80+
(Eng RR100 on live - Carroburg/ Karak Norn -)

Ads
CyunUnderis

Post#49 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:12 am

chovudal wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:55 am My Questions:
Why defending the status quo? What are u losing?
For years i see all the same unsubstantiated arguments. Life is change even the digital one, only status quo is death.
Because the solution already exists : form a premade (no need a full party, but a pocket tank and a pocket heal is enough) and do your job (assist, punt, guard, xheal, ...).

If you asks for a development to "fix" something that is not broken and which can be circumvented by a little human relation, you will not really fix the problem :
- The development team will lose time on a solution that will not be perfect
- The development team will have to maintained the new feature in the future (aka fix regression or add feature because first point)
- The development team can't fix other things that are more urgent (like the abilities rework, bugs, ...)
- The community will wine no matter what the development team will do about this subject.

And the work-around is simple : play as a team, build a premade or queue Discordant.

Sulorie

Post#50 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:40 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:12 am
And the work-around is simple : play as a team, build a premade or queue Discordant.
Well, even in pug SC people get farmed at spawn :) so basically we have to recognize that no mechanic change will help, only players can change for the better.
Dying is no option.