Ads

Sc Weekend

Let's talk about... everything else
Phantasm

Re: Sc Weekend

Post#51 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:33 am

Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:40 am
CyunUnderis wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:12 am
And the work-around is simple : play as a team, build a premade or queue Discordant.
Well, even in pug SC people get farmed at spawn :) so basically we have to recognize that no mechanic change will help, only players can change for the better.
Imagine sov80s being allowed to queue discrodant and still stomp mercenary freshers....
What you gonna do? Discordant of Discordants?
Only solution I see is to pump up t3 (rank 16-39) renown gains to give lowbies chance to hit vanquisher on exit of mid tier, or not allow sov80s to queue Discordant. Characters 40/40-58 have really hard time playing scs or RvR. They have no renown points to spec def or off, no gear to make any difference against sov, wont be taken into premades unless are in a guilds which will carry their members alts, play a form of free road kill in RvR etc.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#52 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:03 am

Phantasm wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:33 am
Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:40 am
CyunUnderis wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:12 am
And the work-around is simple : play as a team, build a premade or queue Discordant.
Well, even in pug SC people get farmed at spawn :) so basically we have to recognize that no mechanic change will help, only players can change for the better.
Imagine sov80s being allowed to queue discrodant and still stomp mercenary freshers....
What you gonna do? Discordant of Discordants?
Only solution I see is to pump up t3 (rank 16-39) renown gains to give lowbies chance to hit vanquisher on exit of mid tier, or not allow sov80s to queue Discordant. Characters 40/40-58 have really hard time playing scs or RvR. They have no renown points to spec def or off, no gear to make any difference against sov, wont be taken into premades unless are in a guilds which will carry their members alts, play a form of free road kill in RvR etc.
You make it sound as if people become dangerous the moment they get sov set.
You eventually get sov after losing a lot and especially those players will keep losing despite sov set.
Of all the people who have no clue what they are doing, a shockingly amount wears sov.

Higher rr gains solve nothing, because what people lack is time to progress as a player, e.g. learn the core mechanics.
Yes, all sov geared overlords in one team and all the merc trash in the victim group, that's not hyperbolic isn't it?
Last edited by Sulorie on Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

Phantasm

Post#53 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:10 am

Thats what im saying, there is something wrong with low tier progress. There is too much exp everywhere and before you learn you being thrown in to t4 wearing mercenary with uncompleted spec and no chance to get into organised scenario groups or org 60+ (which is a standard now) warbands. Lower exp, make option for toggle off exp from pve (crafting) and boost renown gains so ppl actually enter t4 with knowledge, pots in backpack and had at least any chance to fight back sovs. We need those lowbies.

bradbury111

Post#54 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:11 pm

Just because a player's performance isn't the best doesn't mean there's no issue with weekly sc.

Checking the weekly goals and rewards makes me think was designed to be the endgame, join it or not it's up to the player and it's a fair choice to make.

The only issue I have with the weekly sc is when it collides with the seasonal events, it's mandatory to reach all the goals so it cuts off ones are not ready for it or prefer to play more casually. During festivities more pve related goals should be added as an alternative to the ones already in place for the completition like doing dungeons, chapters etc... to help out players in preparation of the weekly endgame without cutting them off the goodies of the events.

Amdus

Post#55 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:14 pm

Fallenkezef wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:35 pm So we basicly have 5 pages based on a whining post about a better team beating a poorer team.

I'm starting to get annoyed to be honest. These kind of threads dilute and derail the GENUINE issues confronting casual players and player retention.

This game has ALLOT of problems. Gear cap between low/starting 40's and Sov. Premades dominating pugs in RVR, lack of real endgame incentives etc.

The video in the OP highlights NONE of these problems. SC's are in a generaly good place right now with duos being taken out of discordant. Gear capping discordant could be the only real thing needed to make a pug/casual friendly enviroment exist for this game.

The video only highlights THREE things and only one of them is legitimate grounds for complaint.

1) The value of organisation and team play in an SC.

2) Bad sportmanship and sore losing by running to the forums.

3) (the only genuine thing raised in my opinion) too many SC's allow for spawn camping and create a situation where a losing team finds it too hard to break out and even things up.
90% of forum posts are like this.

Present anecdotical situation by either video, screenshot or text. Demand a completely selfish "solution" that exclusively benefits the OP or his friends. Discuss about it for the first 2 pages. Then start derailing the thread. Go on a nonsense discussion for 10+ pages. The more pages, the more the whining and complaints increase. A new thread arises presenting the same pattern, everyone jumps on it and then rinse and repeat. In the eventuality that the thread doesn't die out on its own, a mod will come and close it, else just naturally jump to the next one.

What this general discontent shows is that very few are happy with the current state of the game. We don't see any change, we don't see any improvement. So people naturally resort to vent their frustrations on the forums. It's annoying indeed, but I understand very well why it happens. Seen it before in other private servers and I know how it ends as well. The lack of initiative and action is extremely frustrating.

It's 2023, there are hundreds of MMO's out there, but only a handful are succesful. The direction to take should be very simple: Follow the succesful MMO's. But instead, we pretend that RoR is the only option out there, and that we are still in 2009 where the "only" competitor was WoW:WotLK (Just the best expansion ever). But it's 2023, WoW despite all the hatred fueled by jealousy, is a succesful MMO that did things right. On the other hand, AoR is a failed MMO that did everything wrong. The route to take should be really easy. But instead we argue about a baddie that got GY farmed and instead of taking the loss and move on, he came to the forums to make a post whining about it and we are at the page 6 and counting discussing about the classic PuG vs premade bullshit. Yet some wonder why the numbers dwindle and newbies don't make it past rank 20.

I brought around 30 players in the past 5 or 6 years. From my WoW guild, from real life, from the tabletop group... They all quit. I couldn't keep a single one of them, the one that made it the longest reached rank 39, then hit 40 played for a day and ragequit. That was almost 2 years ago. Truth is that this game is not casual friendly but casual sworn enemy. But why change anything when we can discuss about pugs vs top xrealming guilds pulling the strings or rampage being OP, IB being weak, SW being useless, WH/WE too stronk and all the other classic useless whine slide threads that lead NOWHERE.

Can't wait to see what the next pathological whine thread will be. Maybe a white lion getting killed by a BG and then 20 pages discussing why BG is too strong and IB too weak, with the classic rampage, NB, pug vs premade and all of that good stuff.

Detangler

Post#56 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:20 pm

Its crazy - I just recently leveled up a BG from scratch almost exclusively through scenarios all the way to 77 (so far). I was a 2h damage god at RR39, but was real squish once I hit 40. So I adjusted - sword/board and focus more on protecting allies than pew pewing. Turns out that this approach - adjusting my gameplay and decisions to overcome weaknesses - worked out pretty well. I never felt hugely undergeared to the point that I couldn't queue scenarios.

-Tanks have this option. stop being a 2h in mercenary gear - it aint gonna work.
-Healers can use positioning the majority of the time and still do just fine.
-DPS can actually learn to assist other DPS instead of spamming aoe in a group trying to go for big numbers. Overall damage is good for the lols but damage contributing to kills is what you actually want high.

Sorry the new players people bring can't hack it at this game. Maybe more preparation for what they were about to face would be beneficial. More instruction on how to play the game. there are still many ways to still have fun as a fresh 40 and get geared quickly. I still see far too many people in t4 tab targeting and just hitting shield tanks in a blob, or 4-5 people stopping to kill the solo shield tank rather than just moving on to cap objectives or find squishier targets elsewhere.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Rapzel

Post#57 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:43 pm

So since people keep "misinterpreting" OP about the issue, would you mind explain what the purpose of the thread is?
The purpose seems to have been lost somewhere in google translation.

All I see in this video is that you join a SC, waste a 6 mans time by "playing the way I want to play" (in this case AoE spam with a lowbie), while they fight 12 people.
How would guards or fire prevent any of this do you mean?
With a barrier you could all just sit there and wait for destro to cap the objective, would that really make you experience any better?

Further this lowbie gear argument is nonsense, since you can run some PvE and get close to BiS for SCs (HV even gives good WB gear), renown is still the biggest gap factor (yes, 18% parry and -15% ctbc makes a huge difference).

And to you who want to promote this "Solo player pug weekend SC", how would this solve anything?
These stomps would still happen with the amount of solo heroes that do exist out there, its enough with one healer and tank on one side to stomp.
This idea that developers should put in effort to cater to everyone is to me absurd.
What do you believe is easier, implement a solo queue for weekend sc or that the solo heroes start grouping?

Phantasm

Post#58 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:50 pm

Rapzel wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:43 pm So since people keep "misinterpreting" OP about the issue, would you mind explain what the purpose of the thread is?
The purpose seems to have been lost somewhere in google translation.

All I see in this video is that you join a SC, waste a 6 mans time by "playing the way I want to play" (in this case AoE spam with a lowbie), while they fight 12 people.
How would guards or fire prevent any of this do you mean?
With a barrier you could all just sit there and wait for destro to cap the objective, would that really make you experience any better?

Further this lowbie gear argument is nonsense, since you can run some PvE and get close to BiS for SCs (HV even gives good WB gear), renown is still the biggest gap factor (yes, 18% parry and -15% ctbc makes a huge difference).

And to you who want to promote this "Solo player pug weekend SC", how would this solve anything?
These stomps would still happen with the amount of solo heroes that do exist out there, its enough with one healer and tank on one side to stomp.
This idea that developers should put in effort to cater to everyone is to me absurd.
What do you believe is easier, implement a solo queue for weekend sc or that the solo heroes start grouping?
Whole thread shows that OP guild or ingame information failed to teach a few days character how to play effectively (means as a character you get a role and how u perform it will influence of group success or fail). Now, is it a small percentage of players or it is common thing, thats the bigger question. We can make guides, videos etc but if people dont get basic information in game they wont search for something they dont know.

Ads
Alubert

Post#59 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:11 pm

First of all: aoe bw spec is a mangled slot.
Just like useless aoe monsto mara, aoe sorc, GTDC choppas.

Secondly I agree that all barriers should be removed from every sc and faster reacting guards added.
Barriers only serve the winning side and result in the losing side not being able to conduct "active defense" (punts to gaurds ect).
Hurub Chopa 80+ / Wybrany Chosen 80+ / Mroczniak BG 60+ / Alubercik BO 50+ / Doczek DoK 80+ / Hurubek Zeal 80+ /
Misio Shaman 80+ / Maxra Mara 60+ / Alubertus RP 70+ / Alubert KTB 80+ / Mnich WP 60+ / Kregi SL 60+ / Uposledzonyjez IB 40+

Ashoris

Post#60 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:32 pm

Phantasm wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:50 pm Whole thread shows that OP guild or ingame information failed to teach a few days character how to play effectively (means as a character you get a role and how u perform it will influence of group success or fail). Now, is it a small percentage of players or it is common thing, thats the bigger question. We can make guides, videos etc but if people dont get basic information in game they wont search for something they dont know.
Its a bigger thing - people are entitled to their own opinion - a good example is this Thread: viewtopic.php?t=46851 where a lot of people (the exact same ppl that considered gankers/elitist ranked players etc.) try to convince someone that his advice he gives is flawed ... no chance.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras