Recent Topics

Ads

Sc Weekend

Let's talk about... everything else
Brakh

Re: Sc Weekend

Post#71 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:43 am

I don't get it, with obvious possibility of getting negative play experience why someone is forcing himself to participate in this weekly sc mess. This game has some alternate activities which may be done instead. Time is really precious commodity, so why to waste it on not enjoyable content?

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#72 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:51 am

Omegus wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:54 pm Alternative take: stop going into the very sweaty weekend event with no coordination and the wrong spec expecting to make progress towards some of the best rewards in the game (event slot items, war crests, renown boost, top-tier crafting items).

This is supposed to be a realm war where you are not only fighting for your own progression but fighting to stop the enemy from progressing.
those are not best rewards in game. except the top tier crafting item, everything else is pretty much useless.

p.s. and how do you conclude that we should fight "to stop the enemy from progressing". this is some psycho-stuff :roll:

nocturnalguest

Post#73 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:06 am

Asderas27 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:45 am Remove premades from the game. Only then will this server flourish.
Make RoR a #safespace.
You had a much better proposal dude - remove PvP! No PvP, no problems!
#safespace

Ashoris

Post#74 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:27 am

HammerGuy wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:23 pm I agree that they really should match 6-mans vs other 6-mans as much as possible. Sprinkle in pugs to fill the second group or make it 2 6-mans vs 2 6-mans, or make a discordant weekend event.
Iam not sure why you cant seethat in the example given by the Thread creator a 6man was matched vs a 6man .... and on order side filled up with 6 solo/smallman.
eventually Garamore can say something about the 2nd Destru Party (if it was Pug or also Preamde)

but its clear visible that it wasnt a pure PuG vs Premade but a Premade vs Destru's with poor PuG suppport.

Why blame the system when it actually matched a premade vs a premade ?
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Omegus

Post#75 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:45 pm

rejndjer wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:51 am
Omegus wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:54 pm Alternative take: stop going into the very sweaty weekend event with no coordination and the wrong spec expecting to make progress towards some of the best rewards in the game (event slot items, war crests, renown boost, top-tier crafting items).

This is supposed to be a realm war where you are not only fighting for your own progression but fighting to stop the enemy from progressing.
those are not best rewards in game. except the top tier crafting item, everything else is pretty much useless.

p.s. and how do you conclude that we should fight "to stop the enemy from progressing". this is some psycho-stuff :roll:
Big stack of war crests, crafting items, soulstone thingy for the best talismans, and the only realistic way of getting event slot items (yes the ones from ranked are better, but ranked is dead). Oh, and 50% more renown which encourages people to kill as much and as efficiently as possible.

As for stopping the enemy from progressing, think of it as less psycho (seriously?!?) and more role-play. You are - for example - a champion of Tzeentch. You should not be letting those Empire fools beat you and benefit from it. This game has always made more sense and - to me at least - been much more fun when you throw yourself into your character's role and embrace the realm war rather than the usual "me me me" special snowflake character systems most other games try to do.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

CountTalabecland

Post#76 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:57 pm

Omegus wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:45 pm

Big stack of war crests, crafting items, soulstone thingy for the best talismans, and the only realistic way of getting event slot items (yes the ones from ranked are better, but ranked is dead). Oh, and 50% more renown which encourages people to kill as much and as efficiently as possible.

As for stopping the enemy from progressing, think of it as less psycho (seriously?!?) and more role-play. You are - for example - a champion of Tzeentch. You should not be letting those Empire fools beat you and benefit from it. This game has always made more sense and - to me at least - been much more fun when you throw yourself into your character's role and embrace the realm war rather than the usual "me me me" special snowflake character systems most other games try to do.
The fact that ranked is dead but there are all these premade ppl playing pugstomp scens tells us all we need to know about the “make a grp”” ppl on this forum such as yourself.

Its not about “multi-player” or it being a “grp game,” its just about you all getting easy kills against pugs and not having to fight other premades.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Sulorie

Post#77 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:38 pm

You only get easy kills, when the enemy team plays worse. Being in a pug doesn't necessarily mean you play bad. The better team wins. Nothing more to say.
Dying is no option.

Omegus

Post#78 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:15 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:57 pmThe fact that ranked is dead but there are all these premade ppl playing pugstomp scens tells us all we need to know about the “make a grp”” ppl on this forum such as yourself.
6v6 team deathmatch always was, and always has been a very niche activity (both on live and ROR), but with a very vocal playerbase that has tried to advertise it as the true test of skill. I don't like 6v6 (solo queue or group), I don't like team deathmatch, I didn't like how toxic the solo ranked community became, and I hated that end-game rewards were locked behind an arbitary MMR value.

Team deathmatch is typically a terrible game mode in every game it exists in.

Does that mean all I want to do is stomp pugs, or that I enjoy the regular objective-based scenarios that WAR was known for?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Everdin

Post#79 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:01 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:57 pm
Omegus wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:45 pm

The fact that ranked is dead but there are all these premade ppl playing pugstomp scens tells us all we need to know about the “make a grp”” ppl on this forum such as yourself.

Its not about “multi-player” or it being a “grp game,” its just about you all getting easy kills against pugs and not having to fight other premades.
Already wrote this in another thread, the biggest number of players are people that build a guildgroup with guys that are online or build a group in /5, not every premade is a top gear, top setup, top player ranked grouped, for them there is the normal group 12-18 man sc.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

nocturnalguest

Post#80 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:12 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:57 pm

Oh wait! viewtopic.php?f=19&t=50348
Not so dead it seems, and even a pick up so everyone is welcome. People do skip others activities on weekend to play some, a wonder, woah
The fact that probably you and many others who whine alot on forums lose to ragtag teams on warfronts that cant be considered as premades only tells the other story