Recent Topics

Ads

Quitter debuff from leaving city siege should be removed / reduced

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
inoeth
Suspended

Re: Quitter debuff from leaving city siege should be removed / reduced

Post#11 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:45 pm

lemao wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:21 pm
inoeth wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:57 pm
lemao wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:45 pm Don´t change what´s not broken.
well queueing is broken as hell... all this premade vs solos is just completely stupid
still forcing people into content where the outcome is already known from the start and giving them nothing or even punish them is beyond ridicolous
Ah yes here we go again. Those poor solos who refuse to group up in end game content.
If there is no equal numbers of "premades" on each side this is what´s going to happen, that´s your fault for being lazy and queueing solo and still expecting changes on top of it and rewarding you for putting in no effort. Also no one is forcing you into content, you can also go to RVR or queue scs.
ya pure victim blaming here for the sake of rp/crest farming... we need more of your kind, not.

Ads
Detangler

Post#12 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:08 pm

inoeth wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:49 am
Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:33 am Should make it an hour quitter and no renown gain from lakes either. even if you are getting stomped, you still get quit a bit from the bags. surf the web on your phone and wait for your freebie bags, but dont quit and screw others on your team out of getting a better shot at a loser blue bag at least.
yes losers should suffer even more and feed the winners.
really? do you listen to yourself?
i would rather not queue anymore at all if that would ever be implemented.....
You can run out once during each stage and die, sit in spawn and jump every 2 minutes and you'll get more crests than if you queued scenarios and won every time. its boring, but its still more crests than any other activity in the game. quitting screws over your teammates by making less bags available, eventually there wont be any blue bags available if enough quit. So yes, there should be increased penalties when your actions hurt teammates. everyone has a smart phone, you can absolutely sit in spawn and do something else for 45 minutes and get loser rewards. I've done it a number of times when MM put my 6 man + random other destro vs. an order 24 man w/ comms. even when half my team quits. so yes, I am "listening to myself."
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Avernus

Post#13 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:33 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:08 pm So yes, there should be increased penalties when your actions hurt teammates.
Just in case - do dps healers hurt their teammates? The game clearly says "no". (while whiping your face with "do your role's job" loading advice lol). I say that i like them dead. Does that matter? No. Same with failed siege. I don't want to be a punchbag. And i don't want to waste so much time standing at resp. You are okay with that? its your choice.
30 min penalty? Ok, fair deal, just leave this enemy farmfest and go to kill something - you'll earn some RR/wc instead of wasting your time afk/feeding.

Yes, i do think that 30 min penalty is big enough, no need to change it.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:37 pm

so your advice is jumping for 45 min? thx bro you should be awarded somehow....
am i the only one that sees this as completely stupid and flawed?

Bosli

Post#15 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:37 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:08 pm You can run out once during each stage and die, sit in spawn and jump every 2 minutes and you'll get more crests than if you queued scenarios and won every time. its boring, but its still more crests than any other activity in the game. quitting screws over your teammates by making less bags available, eventually there wont be any blue bags available if enough quit. So yes, there should be increased penalties when your actions hurt teammates. everyone has a smart phone, you can absolutely sit in spawn and do something else for 45 minutes and get loser rewards. I've done it a number of times when MM put my 6 man + random other destro vs. an order 24 man w/ comms. even when half my team quits. so yes, I am "listening to myself."
I missed the point where being in-game for the sake of being in-game but actually doing anything else on your phone is considered good gameplay or fun.

I usually do 2-3 full fights at the least, and if it's hopeless I stay for the first stage always and take those crests. It doesn't matter if you get your 40 crests + a green bag for waiting through stage 2 for at least 15-20 minutes (5min. wait time in between, then until lords reach a door - because defenders killing invader lords doesn't even instant-end the stage for whatever reason afaik). I won't do it if there is no chance at neither winning nor getting kills, because I rather have somewhat decent gameplay than get crests for being logged in but doing nothing.

I agree that leaving after the first fight is pretty lame, and I actually ended up winning all stages where 1-3 teammates left after the first lost fights a few times already, but it's undeniable that at the very least half of the time, city sieges are not a good matchup. So how about we meet in the middle, and keep the debuff but only if someone leaves the siege before first stage concluded.

Detangler

Post#16 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:48 pm

DPS healer at RR40 in merc gear is not a good idea, just like 2h tank at same gear/RR is the same. Adjust your tactics. Do some dungeons and get some better gear.

Rewards were increased to encourage people to stay and fight. If you want to leave and hurt your teammates, then yes there should be increased penalties. If you plan on just leaving after the first couple of fights or the first stage, then dont bother queueing. There's plenty of empty keeps to take and regular scenarios will continue to pop.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Avernus

Post#17 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:17 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:48 pm If you plan on just leaving after the first couple of fights or the first stage, then dont bother queueing.
If your party is the only one premade (well, not really a premade, just 4 ppl from chat and me+my friend, at least we had a proper aoe 2-2-2) while 2 others are 6 man pug (no tanks 1 dps healer, no other healers) and 6 man (1 tank 1 healer 1 dps healer) against 3 parties of proper melee train...Why should i bother about all this ppl who didn't even bother to create a half-decent party instead of this nonsence?

Bosli

Post#18 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:35 pm

Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:48 pm DPS healer at RR40 in merc gear is not a good idea, just like 2h tank at same gear/RR is the same. Adjust your tactics. Do some dungeons and get some better gear.

Rewards were increased to encourage people to stay and fight. If you want to leave and hurt your teammates, then yes there should be increased penalties. If you plan on just leaving after the first couple of fights or the first stage, then dont bother queueing. There's plenty of empty keeps to take and regular scenarios will continue to pop.
Your problem is not players leaving an already proven guaranteed loss for a full first stage, it's losing bags for having less teammates. So why not avocate for unchanged bag rewards and whoever wants to leave can leave without penalty. That way, you can stand around afk and get your bags doing nothing while others have the chance to play 2 or 3 scenarios in the meantime and enjoy the game.

Ads
lemao

Post#19 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:38 pm

inoeth wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:45 pm
lemao wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:21 pm
inoeth wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:57 pm

well queueing is broken as hell... all this premade vs solos is just completely stupid
still forcing people into content where the outcome is already known from the start and giving them nothing or even punish them is beyond ridicolous
Ah yes here we go again. Those poor solos who refuse to group up in end game content.
If there is no equal numbers of "premades" on each side this is what´s going to happen, that´s your fault for being lazy and queueing solo and still expecting changes on top of it and rewarding you for putting in no effort. Also no one is forcing you into content, you can also go to RVR or queue scs.
ya pure victim blaming here for the sake of rp/crest farming... we need more of your kind, not.
If you queue for city with the only intent to make crests dont queue for it, expect to get farmed if you pug it.
Go to RVR and run some boxes if you want crests.

Aethilmar

Post#20 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:48 pm

Bosli wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:35 pm
Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:48 pm DPS healer at RR40 in merc gear is not a good idea, just like 2h tank at same gear/RR is the same. Adjust your tactics. Do some dungeons and get some better gear.

Your problem is not players leaving an already proven guaranteed loss for a full first stage, it's losing bags for having less teammates. So why not avocate for unchanged bag rewards and whoever wants to leave can leave without penalty. That way, you can stand around afk and get your bags doing nothing while others have the chance to play 2 or 3 scenarios in the meantime and enjoy the game.
I wish there was an upvote feature because you have pretty much nailed the crux of the issue. So, instead, QFT. :)