Recent Topics

Ads

Quitter debuff from leaving city siege should be removed / reduced

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Evilspinnre

Re: Quitter debuff from leaving city siege should be removed / reduced

Post#21 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:57 pm

"I didn't get a pugstomp instance or I am losing a close fight in city and would rather q scs while all the premades are in city"

Make the quitter debuff 1hr for leaving city.
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

Ads
Detangler

Post#22 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:21 am

Evilspinnre wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:57 pm "I didn't get a pugstomp instance or I am losing a close fight in city and would rather q scs while all the premades are in city"

Someone else gets it. :D
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Bosli

Post#23 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:21 am

Evilspinnre wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:57 pm "I didn't get a pugstomp instance or I am losing a close fight in city and would rather q scs while all the premades are in city"

Bosli wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:38 pm [...] for leaving a hopeless city siege.
We know that the players that literally exclusively play city in 12 or 24 premades want the pugs they sometimes end up against to be bound to their chair and forced to walk out the barriers so you can get 800 kills in a siege.

Maybe read the original post and the couple replies before you try. Now go back into your premade cave, troll.

Bosli

Post#24 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:36 am

lemao wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:21 pm If there is no equal numbers of "premades" on each side this is what´s going to happen, that´s your fault for being lazy and queueing solo and still expecting changes on top of it and rewarding you for putting in no effort. Also no one is forcing you into content, you can also go to RVR or queue scs.
Just to elaborate, I wasn't necessarily talking about pugs vs. premade city sieges. Many of the pugs vs. pugs matches are also extremely one-sided. That can't really be changed unless the matchmaker starts balancing around the city mmr, which it rarely has the player count in queue to do that because it's already prioritizing to put premades against premades.

Sulorie

Post#25 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:43 am

You want MM to balance pug city siege by MMR?! It already struggles to make 2-2-2 groups because there are more dps players in queue.
My last city instance had 20 order DPS vs 12 destro DPS.
Dying is no option.

Bosli

Post#26 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:07 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:43 am You want MM to balance pug city siege by MMR?! It already struggles to make 2-2-2 groups because there are more dps players in queue.
I don't, because I know that it's unrealistic with player count, as I said. From what I heard it is being tracked separately for city siege, but not used.

I'm pretty sure there is only one match per siege that is class / number - unbalanced now, the leftover last match. The couples that I have been in with my current toon were all perfectly balanced in numbers and archetypes. Which as we all know doesn't mean that the fights are anywhere near guaranteed balanced.

Sulorie

Post#27 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:24 am

Bosli wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:07 am
Sulorie wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:43 am You want MM to balance pug city siege by MMR?! It already struggles to make 2-2-2 groups because there are more dps players in queue.
I don't, because I know that it's unrealistic with player count, as I said. From what I heard it is being tracked separately for city siege, but not used.

I'm pretty sure there is only one match per siege that is class / number - unbalanced now, the leftover last match. The couples that I have been in with my current toon were all perfectly balanced in numbers and archetypes. Which as we all know doesn't mean that the fights are anywhere near guaranteed balanced.
Well, fight will never be balanced, because death results in some snowball effect and you will hardly find similar strong people on both sides at the same time. One is usually the bigger fish.
The only close fights are those, where neither side can fully wipe the enemy team and you fight for full duration.
Dying is no option.

Bosli

Post#28 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:34 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:24 am Well, fight will never be balanced, because death results in some snowball effect and you will hardly find similar strong people on both sides at the same time. One is usually the bigger fish.
The only close fights are those, where neither side can fully wipe the enemy team and you fight for full duration.
Correct, many city sieges are neither balanced nor fun. The topic is about the 30 minutes quitter debuff you get from leaving a city at any point before the third stage is over.

Ads
JohnnyWayne

Post#29 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:00 am

Considering that, unlike SCs noone can join late, I rather think people that leave should get a 24h quitter debuff, no renown and no crests for that duration. It's considered the "endgame" after all, and if you intentionally leave you get the boot.

That being said, without the devs creating a match maker for all scenario style instances, this would lead nowhere. Also the reward structure has to be reworked to reduce the inventive of leaving a city. But I don't expect any changes to anything at all anytime soon.

Bosli

Post#30 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:12 am

JohnnyWayne wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:00 am Considering that, unlike SCs noone can join late, I rather think people that leave should get a 24h quitter debuff, no renown and no crests for that duration. It's considered the "endgame" after all, and if you intentionally leave you get the boot.

That being said, without the devs creating a match maker for all scenario style instances, this would lead nowhere. Also the reward structure has to be reworked to reduce the inventive of leaving a city. But I don't expect any changes to anything at all anytime soon.
Sure, make it so everybody leaving a siege gets nothing on any character (since quitter debuffs are account bound if you didn't know) until the next siege, and we can watch city sieges drop to premade only with one or two of them not even getting a pop because they are not evenly split on both realms. Because I will absolutely never play that content again then, and you can bet that a good amount of always solo queuers will stop doing it too.

Let me enlighten you:
In Game-Design, it is absolutely always better to incentivize players to play in an intended way by rewarding them for it, than it is to punish them if they play how you don't want them to play.
If this is too hard for you to extrapolate to this topic, it's the same way how buffing weak classes or builds is almost always better than nerfing ones that seem too strong.