Recent Topics

Ads

Quitter debuff from leaving city siege should be removed / reduced

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Bosli

Quitter debuff from leaving city siege should be removed / reduced

Post#1 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:38 pm

The 30min quitter debuff that players get when leaving a city before it's concluded is still from the early time where they would have been able to re-queue for a different city instance. Since all matches now pop at the same time and the signup closes right after, this is no longer possible and I feel like the debuff should be removed or at least reduced to the regular 10 minutes as to not lock players out of playing scenarios for leaving a hopeless city siege.

Ads
Avernus

Re: Quitter debuff from leaving city siege should be removed / reduced

Post#2 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:37 pm

Bosli wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:38 pm The 30min quitter debuff that players get when leaving a city before it's concluded is still from the early time where they would have been able to re-queue for a different city instance. Since all matches now pop at the same time and the signup closes right after, this is no longer possible and I feel like the debuff should be removed or at least reduced to the regular 10 minutes as to not lock players out of playing scenarios for leaving a hopeless city siege.
I think the logic is that you are punished for not feeding an enemy on sc by 10 min debuff. Since the city has 3 stages - you are punished for not feeding for 3 sc - that's why 30 min debuff.

Detangler

Post#3 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:33 am

Should make it an hour quitter and no renown gain from lakes either. even if you are getting stomped, you still get quit a bit from the bags. surf the web on your phone and wait for your freebie bags, but dont quit and screw others on your team out of getting a better shot at a loser blue bag at least.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Martok

Post#4 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:28 am

Bosli wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:38 pmThe 30min quitter debuff that players get when leaving a city before it's concluded is still from the early time where they would have been able to re-queue for a different city instance.

How exactly did that work?

Bosli wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:38 pm...I feel like the debuff should be removed or at least reduced to the regular 10 minutes as to not lock players out of playing scenarios for leaving a hopeless city siege.

I disagree. A hopeless City SC may constitute a drag, but today they are nothing like those which standardized the experience when Cities were first introduced. Just deal with it.

In addition the current population numbers rarely support standard SC's occurring while City SC's are in progress anyway.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Sebol717

Post#5 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:15 am

Scenarios are time capped at 15 minutes, leave early and you are punished for 10 minutes. City Sieges are capped at 2 hour maximums - and your punishment is a maximum of 30 minutes if you leave early.

I would actually recommend the quitter debuff is even longer than 30 minutes for these people. It would be another incentive to NOT give up.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:49 am

Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:33 am Should make it an hour quitter and no renown gain from lakes either. even if you are getting stomped, you still get quit a bit from the bags. surf the web on your phone and wait for your freebie bags, but dont quit and screw others on your team out of getting a better shot at a loser blue bag at least.
yes losers should suffer even more and feed the winners.
really? do you listen to yourself?
i would rather not queue anymore at all if that would ever be implemented.....

Phantasm

Post#7 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:27 pm

inoeth wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:49 am
Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:33 am Should make it an hour quitter and no renown gain from lakes either. even if you are getting stomped, you still get quit a bit from the bags. surf the web on your phone and wait for your freebie bags, but dont quit and screw others on your team out of getting a better shot at a loser blue bag at least.
yes losers should suffer even more and feed the winners.
really? do you listen to yourself?
i would rather not queue anymore at all if that would ever be implemented.....
Right now cities are just another farm for easy crests, id rather have ppl joining because they love massive scenario like fights with equal numbers then random ppl leaving if they dont see a chance of afk farm.

lemao

Post#8 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:45 pm

Don´t change what´s not broken.

Ads
inoeth
Suspended

Post#9 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:57 pm

lemao wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:45 pm Don´t change what´s not broken.
well queueing is broken as hell... all this premade vs solos is just completely stupid
still forcing people into content where the outcome is already known from the start and giving them nothing or even punish them is beyond ridicolous

lemao

Post#10 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:21 pm

inoeth wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:57 pm
lemao wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:45 pm Don´t change what´s not broken.
well queueing is broken as hell... all this premade vs solos is just completely stupid
still forcing people into content where the outcome is already known from the start and giving them nothing or even punish them is beyond ridicolous
Ah yes here we go again. Those poor solos who refuse to group up in end game content.
If there is no equal numbers of "premades" on each side this is what´s going to happen, that´s your fault for being lazy and queueing solo and still expecting changes on top of it and rewarding you for putting in no effort. Also no one is forcing you into content, you can also go to RVR or queue scs.