Recent Topics

Ads

Quitter debuff from leaving city siege should be removed / reduced

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
JohnnyWayne

Re: Quitter debuff from leaving city siege should be removed / reduced

Post#41 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:46 pm

Detangler wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:27 pm Oh no, I get your point. If people want to quit, great, go for it. Problem is it hurts the other 23 people as they are permanently down a person and have less chance at bags. When a person's ganeplay decision negatively affects others, there should absolutely be increased penalties.
Which is exactly why I ask for a even LONGER and more general penalty for intentional leavers while also improving the incentive of staying in the city and fixing the match maker to create actual machtes and not random brain fart setups. But please, don't take anything I say serious, you dumases probably want to stick to yourselves.

Ads
Bosli

Re: Quitter debuff from leaving city siege should be removed / reduced

Post#42 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:21 am

JohnnyWayne wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:46 pm [...] a even LONGER and more general penalty for intentional leavers [...]
To emphasize this a single last time:

The original idea and reason for the city siege quitter debuff being 30 minutes was NOT to punish players that leave a match.

When city sieges were implemented, the timer for both queue and pop were during the same 30 minutes. This means, if you got a pop near the start, you would have been able to wait for 10 minutes and see if you get another pop with better chances of winning. That behaviour is obviously something that needs to be prevented.

Pretty much the same it is for normal scenarios. If there are multiple scenario matches happening at the same time, players are not supposed to leave a match and get into a different one while the other is still ongoing to prevent "picking" the matches they want. The usual time for a onesided match is 5 to 7 min. until 500 points, 4 min. until surrender, and a max. of 15 minutes, so they set a queue debuff for 10 minutes.

Now, the reason the debuffs for city siege and scenario are shared, is because they are both scenarios. The only difference is that city siege is limited with both queue and pop time, and that it can afford to use a more refined matchmaker because everyone will be in the queue at the same time.

The reason I do not accept the points you make, is because they simply were not the idea of the quitter mechanic at all, and I am pretty sure they still aren't, but that's for the staff to discuss.

I rest my case.