Recent Topics

Ads

[BG] new 40 with some questions

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
BOOMtec

[BG] new 40 with some questions

Post#1 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:01 am

Howdy all. New to endgame and have been researching things to shoot for as BG and I’ve got more questions than answers.

From what I’ve gathered, BG seems to be more useful in wb play as 2h over snb due to the utility and debuffing. This raises a couple questions for me and I’ll list them here.

1. Do you want sc/blood lord(dps)sets to go with 2h build or still use rvr(defensive) sets for this?

2. I’ve heard 2h tanks aren’t viable until higher gear levels, but with BG being more viable as 2h, do you still want to be 2h at lower gear as well?

3. If question 2 answer is “yes”, then what’s a good gear progression for 2h for both wb and sc? Red eye into sent into bloodlord and wait for off sov? Is mercenary/dominator a good starting set before red eye or sent?

4. If all else fails, should I just be SnB until I can gear bloodlord? Can I SC as snb defensive build and be useful or just be a 2h?

Thanks so much in advance

Ads
mynban

Re: [BG] new 40 with some questions

Post#2 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:28 am

Dont go 2H fresh 40. You will die before you can accumulate hate. Go SnB middle tree pick all 3 middle tree tactics + toughness tactic and softcap your toughness, put 2-3 into Futile Strikes rest block/parry. Be a pocket tank for a good dps, keep your hate near max and spend only once you hit 100hate. You will be loved.

Once you have better gear you can switch to 2H.

Detangler

Post#3 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:32 am

For scenario play I'd rather get block/parry tactics from mid tree, outgoing heal debuff from right tree, and 10 sec debuff extender tactic. 30 second spammable outgoing heal debuff - ping pong enemy healers if they get too close to your guarded target. Poor runies can't clear the debuff at all.

its a more sneaky way to be a complete turd to the enemy team but a whole heck of a lot of fun.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Tesq

Post#4 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:49 am

Well the minimum build to be usefull in 2h is rr50, thats were you can take def tactics and crit debuff. Before that you are stuck into leech mode in s+b.

After rr50 i seriously discourage to go off set if you want to play wb. Aim to slot first 4/5conq + off boots then mix van + sentinel till you reach sov+warlord etc. For 2h you must use avoidance proc one from epic quest then the one from dungeons.

When it cames to sc/city you can go off set, for sure is welcome from wb members due assisting in dmg department but im not a fan of it. Also if you pug you may find play an off spec bg lackluster due lack of heals. So well pick your poison. Byt fornsure is more than viable.

On tactics is just 2x toughness ones, parry, malekith bulkwark for wb frontline play.
Also try stack these resistences over the cap limit by 350 so aroun 990 on corp and spi res. Considering you wont have shield and yor disrupt depending on renow may be 40/50.
Disrupt tactic for wb play is meh due being onto a bad mastery for the build but some lile it, usually it go with an off spec on left + rigth mastery build.

BOOMtec

Post#5 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:46 pm

Thanks all for the answers. I think my plan will just be SnB until conq, grab some vanq and sent and switch to 2h with epic glaive/city eventually.

Final question would be , when people mention endgame gear being a mix of sov and wl, are they referring to off sov, or main sov?

mynban

Post#6 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:30 am

BOOMtec wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:46 pm Thanks all for the answers. I think my plan will just be SnB until conq, grab some vanq and sent and switch to 2h with epic glaive/city eventually.

Final question would be , when people mention endgame gear being a mix of sov and wl, are they referring to off sov, or main sov?
This is actually upto you. In the end of the day you can softcap toughness (via middle tree tactic) with around 660+ toughness. This can be achieved in def or off BiS, only difference being what you use tali slots for. At that point def gear will give better crit reduction, while off will give better crit chance. Some may argue BG already has amazing crit tactic on left and has the luxury of going def gear, others might say 'the more the better' since you can generate more hate with enraged beating if you crit more.

Good luck!

BluIzLucky

Post#7 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:46 am

BOOMtec wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:46 pm Thanks all for the answers. I think my plan will just be SnB until conq, grab some vanq and sent and switch to 2h with epic glaive/city eventually.

You pretty much have 2 styles in WB, a SnB that looks like this R60 SnB - Black Guard

Frontline tank with special M4 for sieges.
The 4-5p Vanq set is great for this, but unless unless you really like the playstyle I'd probably only pick it up if/when you have the gold for the gloves/boots.
Also definitely skip Conq if you have gone to GB already, the Redeye set especially with cloak is decent.

And 2H that looks like this:
R70 - 2H

Before R70 you can switch the two tactics and knockdown from right tree (Path of Malice) for Terrifying Foe (toughness tactic).

This build in my eye is all about AoE Debuffs, in addition to the slow and parry/block reduction also available in SnB, you get Wounds (Hastened Doom) and crit (Crimson Death).
These additional dehuffs are the main reason to include 2H BG.

Hastened Doom is reliant on you criting, so some gear considerations should be made for this in my opinion.

Pre-sov Gear:
6p Redeye + 2p sent (ring, belt) - For armor debuff proc

Or..
7-5p bloodlord + 1-3p sent (boots,ring) - the bloodlord set is great, maximum possible parry (9%), 6p with 12% crit, 7p with 10% parry/dd proc so you can switch out Memory of Kalgoros (sent inf 2H with same proc) for Fortress 2H.

Then transition into 2-3p warlord (cloak, boots and maybe ring), and finally replace bloodlord with off sov/warlord.

Either way, just to say you can play 2H before sov, just bear in mind you are more of a support tank than a frontliner.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70