Recent Topics

Ads

Weekend Events - Add Solo Option

Let's talk about... everything else
Magusar

Re: Weekend Events - Add Solo Option

Post#71 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:32 pm

Avernus wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:26 pm
Magusar wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:29 pm Rdps not in favor in competitve sector of this game, exept sh or dps shammy
Yeah, i know. It's just the fact that when SW was called a trash on live i didn't feel that way then. But when SW is called trash in RoR i DO feel that way too. And it frustrates me beyond reason.
Guerrilla Training.
Invaluable tactic, for skirmish SW especially. But Skirmish not for Vanq :D. Here i would agree with u.
Drukar Netherlord
SL 87
WH 87
Marauder 84
Sorc 83
Eng 82
WL 82
Chop 81

Ads
lemao

Post#72 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:47 pm

Avernus wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:09 pm
lemao wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:10 pm The same what destro can do vs an order meele train, playing rsh+ sorc with a chosen to punt.
On order you would play bw + rsw with a kotbs.
You do realize the fact that SH can kite the melee train while SW can not? And i'm not even talking about the damage...
Sh can put out most of his damage on the move that´s correct.
You can still reposition yourself with a rsw tho ?! It´s all about prekiting. And even if you should get engaged on or get pulled you can use focused mind, get a guard from your tank + self punt or flee out of danger.

Also when it comes to purely burst (which is all you want combined with a bw and a punt on your target) rsw is even better than rsh because Festering Arrow
can literally crit people for 3 k dmg, even tanks.

Avernus

Post#73 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:42 pm

Magusar wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:32 pm Guerrilla Training.
Invaluable tactic, for skirmish SW especially. But Skirmish not for Vanq :D. Here i would agree with u.
Its not just invaluable, your kite is non-existent without this thing. Too bad, you must spend a tactic slot for this.

Avernus

Post#74 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:48 pm

lemao wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:47 pm
1. You can still reposition yourself with a rsw tho ?! It´s all about prekiting. And even if you should get engaged on or get pulled you can use focused mind, get a guard from your tank + self punt or flee out of danger.

2. Also when it comes to purely burst (which is all you want combined with a bw and a punt on your target) rsw is even better than rsh because Festering Arrow
1. With 65-72 range you are always in danger. And without your healing debuff your existence is kinda...meaningless. Fine range to get yourself pulled/killed, you are in no position to use focused mind each time it happens.

2 Fireball can do this too. Pick another BW instead? I mean, unlike SW , BW can do REAL burst damage.

lemao

Post#75 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:00 pm

Avernus wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:48 pm
lemao wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:47 pm
1. You can still reposition yourself with a rsw tho ?! It´s all about prekiting. And even if you should get engaged on or get pulled you can use focused mind, get a guard from your tank + self punt or flee out of danger.

2. Also when it comes to purely burst (which is all you want combined with a bw and a punt on your target) rsw is even better than rsh because Festering Arrow
1. With 65-72 range you are always in danger. And without your healing debuff your existence is kinda...meaningless. Fine range to get yourself pulled/killed, you are in no position to use focused mind each time it happens.

2 Fireball can do this too. Pick another BW instead? I mean, unlike SW , BW can do REAL burst damage.
1. No, you are not if you have hands. RSH are in 65 ft range all the time aswell. You only need to get closer for your hd, but even your hd is not even needed all the time when all the burst comes into the target in 1 global. You have also + 10 range on EVERY other range ability, even 110 ft on your most important ability Festering Arrow.

2. SW provides a reliable HD which is already an argument against running 2 x BW.
Festering Arrow ignores ALL resistences on the target and is also undefendable with vengeance up, which makes it easy to get even higher crits against tanks.

Phantasm

Post#76 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:11 pm

Avernus wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:26 pm
Magusar wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:29 pm Rdps not in favor in competitve sector of this game, exept sh or dps shammy
Yeah, i know. It's just the fact that when SW was called a trash on live i didn't feel that way then. But when SW is called trash in RoR i DO feel that way too. And it frustrates me beyond reason.
Man, if you play a class for some time and you still call it a trash and cant be good at it, maybe, just maybe that class isnt what you were looking for? Try other options? I see you feel SW is inferior to SH, so maybe try it out? Check out how it is? I totally dont understand ppl complaining about class they play. You dont like it? Try other 23? Or compare your SW to other at similar gear/rr? There is killboard for that. Many use it to compare classes, but its also good tool to compare yourself to other players having same class as you. Check out if you die too much and think how you can change it? you do less dmg then you should? Maybe adjust gear or renown skills, ask for certain buff in a warband... etc. Maybe you play "one trick pony" and dont explore other skill combinations? Try out things.

Avernus

Post#77 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:27 pm

lemao wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:00 pm
1. No, you are not if you have hands. RSH are in 65 ft range all the time aswell. You only need to get closer for your hd, but even your hd is not even needed all the time when all the burst comes into the target in 1 global. You have also + 10 range on EVERY other range ability, even 110 ft on your most important ability Festering Arrow.

2. SW provides a reliable HD which is already an argument against running 2 x BW.
Festering Arrow ignores ALL resistences on the target and is also undefendable with vengeance up, which makes it easy to get even higher crits against tanks.
1. 10%, not 10. And, destro, i suppose, are attacking your tank but your dps? Burst you say? But BW burst is stronger than SW and as you already said
lemao wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:00 pm your hd is not even needed all the time when all the burst comes into the target in 1 global.
so dot BW can do just fine (well, not fine, okay, but...)

2. True. But since you are relying on burst that much, maybe a more damage is an option too? Btw if you are hating tanks that much, BW with Close Quarters+Focused Mind can do an insane amount damage to anything in melee range. (You can imitate this though if you have SM in your group, and without going into melee range).

CyunUnderis

Post#78 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:39 pm

Avernus wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:27 pm 2. True. But since you are relying on burst that much, maybe a more damage is an option too? Btw if you are hating tanks that much, BW with Close Quarters+Focused Mind can do an insane amount damage to anything in melee range. (You can imitate this though if you have SM in your group, and without going into melee range).
xd

This tell a lot about your knowledge about the game

Ads
lemao

Post#79 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:57 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:39 pm
Avernus wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:27 pm 2. True. But since you are relying on burst that much, maybe a more damage is an option too? Btw if you are hating tanks that much, BW with Close Quarters+Focused Mind can do an insane amount damage to anything in melee range. (You can imitate this though if you have SM in your group, and without going into melee range).
xd

This tell a lot about your knowledge about the game
Ye, no point arguing with those people. Im done here :)

Rapzel

Post#80 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:37 pm

Avernus wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:27 pm 1. 10%, not 10. And, destro, i suppose, are attacking your tank but your dps? Burst you say? But BW burst is stronger than SW and as you already said
What is 100 * 1,1?

just to add to spice it up a bit.