Recent Topics

Ads

Weekend Events - Add Solo Option

Let's talk about... everything else
Kaldus

Weekend Events - Add Solo Option

Post#1 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:33 pm

Hi ROR Developers

Can you please add the option for weekend events to join scenario's as solo only please. Not every person is able to join as a premade/guild group so random players coming up against pre-made's sucks the joy out of the game. Easy solution, give weekend events a solo join option then every is happy and catered to.

Thanks for considering

Ads
Akilinus

Re: Weekend Events - Add Solo Option

Post#2 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:50 pm

What is stopping you from playing in a group?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

chookette

Post#3 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:00 pm

Akilinus wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:50 pm What is stopping you from playing in a group?
x possible factors. your vision is not those of others.

Sever1n

Post#4 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:03 pm

Add solo events n. Sick of prem stomping pugs, this is not gameplay, just a waste of time and mood. What stop prems playing against prems? Cowardness? So fun to kill people that have zero chance to figth back? Rework scenario system its toxic and unfun for years. Discordant was step in right direction.

Avernus

Post#5 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:25 pm

Despite the fact that premade supposed to win against pug and there is nothing wrong with this...yes, i do agree that EVENT sc must be changed.

When you are doing this event sc for an hour+ and didn't even bother to leave your respawn even once(!) because you just CAN'T see your team winnig against the enemy premade (or even 2 premades lol) you will definetly think that something MUST be done with this.

I'll be honest, as it is now, event sc is a feeding place for premades which constantly farm pug like garbage (yes, not fight pug, just farm it).

I'm not sure that creating solo event sc is a good idea though, but it may decrease a level of stomping. Maybe the matchmaker must be changed (like 5 min waiting if there is no premades against you before you start another stomping).

After all, when you played 10+ event sc and your best option was just stay at respawn - it's not even funny.

Caduceus

Post#6 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:32 pm

Maybe one Event SC for solos (maybe also duos?), and one Event SC only for 6-mans.

With finishing the tasks for the 6-man version give a slightly better event item, perhaps.

I agree current situation often ends up not being fun for either party.

Premades generally don't enjoy stomping pugs, and building a 6-man only to get matched against double premades when the other party is pugs is equally frustrating.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

chookette

Post#7 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:48 pm

we understand the problems of the management team. reproduce the recently modified current model. Solo SC and Group SC. this will solve the problem without too much technical investment.

shrredhn

Post#8 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:10 pm

Kaldus wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:33 pm Hi ROR Developers

Can you please add the option for weekend events to join scenario's as solo only please. Not every person is able to join as a premade/guild group so random players coming up against pre-made's sucks the joy out of the game. Easy solution, give weekend events a solo join option then every is happy and catered to.

Thanks for considering
You'd be able to if you didn't play an undergeared WH. And even if there was a solo queue you're still going to get stomped.

Ads
CyunUnderis

Post#9 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:01 pm

Kaldus wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:33 pm Not every person is able to join as a premade/guild group so random players coming up against pre-made's sucks the joy out of the game.
Is it too hard to ask for a pocket tank/heal/dps in /5 or Discord ? Like, you don't need a full premade to do something in SC Week-end. And if every DPS player try to, a least, find a tank and a healer, every SC will naturally become more balanced, filled with multiple trio.

I'm pretty sure every players that want to do PvE dungeons try to form/recruit a simple party (2/2/2 or 1/3/2). But why it is not possible to do the same for this game mode (SC Week-end) ?

For having formed several premades in /5 (or with Discord), players come and go, so if players need to leave, it is not a big deal, because another player will take the spot after.

So, again, where is the difficulty ?

Nekkma

Post#10 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:30 pm

People are basically giving up before the scenario even started even when you are not up against premades. Had several scenarios today where half the team just run and hide before first contact. Monstro maras without pots. Choppas spamming lots of choppin entire scenario without even targeting an enmy in range. Premades are not the problem. .surrender and discordant is destroying scenarios more than premades if you ask me. Just fosters complete loser mentality.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron