Recent Topics

Ads

Fixing Fundamental Reward Problem

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Toggle

Re: Fixing Fundamental Reward Problem

Post#71 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:31 am

Scottx125 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:26 pm Where as switching from the populated side to the underdog side should give you a reinforcement bonus, rewarding extra renown and crests. The aim being to reward players who actively try to maintain population balance trying to prevent order/destro trains, and punishing those who switch to abuse it, while I'm not for punishing players normally, In this case because it's so important to the quality of RvR, there has to be some sort of incentive against zerging.
This is already in place, sort of. You already get a renown bonus for switching to the side with AAO, and on top of that, you do not lose any prior contribution you had in the zone on the previous character. Just thought I would throw that out there since it's not well known.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
Absinth

Post#72 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:59 pm

rejndjer wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:45 am
Cyrylius wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:13 am [...]
[...]

p.s. you won't kill anyone half-decent as rSW from walls while defending keep. only thing that's enjoyable about SW and siege is throwing your m4 while pushing/getting pushed. [...]
I have no clue how it translates from rSH but it should be close enough to allow killing people, just pair with another rdps and you can easily pick off targets. Those ranged kiting 3mans with a dps AM/Shammy are the most annoying thing to counter if they know how to position. Heck i have seen some good rSH's pick off targets in blob vs blob fights without dying. Soo i think your issue mostly boils down to solo playstyle that is something unwanted in a team game, heck even WH's/WE's that everyone says "is a solo class" go in packs of 2-4.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#73 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 5:01 pm

Absinth wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:59 pm
rejndjer wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:45 am
Cyrylius wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:13 am [...]
[...]

p.s. you won't kill anyone half-decent as rSW from walls while defending keep. only thing that's enjoyable about SW and siege is throwing your m4 while pushing/getting pushed. [...]
I have no clue how it translates from rSH but it should be close enough to allow killing people, just pair with another rdps and you can easily pick off targets. Those ranged kiting 3mans with a dps AM/Shammy are the most annoying thing to counter if they know how to position. Heck i have seen some good rSH's pick off targets in blob vs blob fights without dying. Soo i think your issue mostly boils down to solo playstyle that is something unwanted in a team game, heck even WH's/WE's that everyone says "is a solo class" go in packs of 2-4.
it's easier to pick of someone in blob vs blob fight, because there people are under pressure. while people are afk waiting doors to go down, there's no pressure usually at all and if you show yourself as a solo SW on walls, you're gonna die like a little *****. and pls dont come with this " just pair with another rdps" bullshit.