Recent Topics

Ads

[SW] why ASW dont have snare skills?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Avernus

Re: [SW] why ASW dont have snare skills?

Post#11 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:46 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:16 am They have a ranged snare (65 ft) that will slow only if you got hit in the back. If you strafe, you won't be snare.
Yeah, and at least this ranged attack doesn't deal any serious damage. Oh, right...witchbrew...Obviously, even if you use m1 for 100% dodge, you still can't dodge this "ranged" attack. I mean, why should you, right?

Ads
Sulorie

Post#12 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:50 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:16 am
rejndjer wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:36 am
CyunUnderis wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:49 pm

You have a snare (sure in a different posture, but you have it). For your information, WH/WE don't have a melee snare as well.

Also, snare can be provided by the rest of your group (if you don't play alone).
if WH/WE dont have snare, how do i get snared by them? :O
Like I said, " WH/WE don't have a melee snare as well."
They have a ranged snare (65 ft) that will slow only if you got hit in the back. If you strafe, you won't be snare.
From my experience this doesn't work like on live anymore. Getting snared from the front all the time. It just takes multiple throws.
Dying is no option.

Sinisterror

Post#13 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:55 am

Avernus wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:46 am
CyunUnderis wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:16 am They have a ranged snare (65 ft) that will slow only if you got hit in the back. If you strafe, you won't be snare.
Yeah, and at least this ranged attack doesn't deal any serious damage. Oh, right...witchbrew...Obviously, even if you use m1 for 100% dodge, you still can't dodge this "ranged" attack. I mean, why should you, right?
Wow, interesting way to communicate! Bringing up things that no one mentioned except you even when you are quoting him, adding nothing to the convo just like this comment of mine=) Not being able to Dodge/Parry Throwing dagger type skills is bad though and easy fix i imagine, and its been like this for years and should be fixed. Nothing should go thru Morale Avoidances except Engi/Magus Stagger SH/SW Whirling Pin and WH/WE selfpunt stagger. Change Draw Blood to stack 3x Like Broadhead Arrow worked before + Add 30% 5 sec snare to it as well.

Melee SW should have more Aoe things so 3x Stacking Draw blood + add to Merciless Soldier tactic that makes Draw Blood 20Ft Aoe but snare would work only on main target. Squig Herder has so much things it shouldnt have that its another topic. But Pounce should be removed and Outta My Way! as well, maybe give that to Blorc. Better would be to give Chop Fasta to blorc + give Choppa skill like ID which STACKS + Proccing all possible procs to replace Chop Fasta.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

CyunUnderis

Post#14 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:00 am

Sulorie wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:50 am From my experience this doesn't work like on live anymore. Getting snared from the front all the time. It just takes multiple throws.
I dodged multiple WE's snares by strafing a week-ago, chasing me, so I don't really know if it was by luck or if it is a question of synchronization/ping with the server.
I guess it can be tested.

Avernus

Post#15 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:41 am

Sinisterror wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:55 am
1. Wow, interesting way to communicate! Bringing up things that no one mentioned except you even when you are quoting him, adding nothing to the convo just like this comment of mine=)

2. Not being able to Dodge/Parry Throwing dagger type skills is bad though and easy fix i imagine, and its been like this for years and should be fixed. Nothing should go thru Morale Avoidances except Engi/Magus Stagger SH/SW Whirling Pin and WH/WE selfpunt stagger.

3. Change Draw Blood to stack 3x Like Broadhead Arrow worked before + Add 30% 5 sec snare to it as well.

4. Melee SW should have more Aoe things so 3x Stacking Draw blood + add to Merciless Soldier tactic that makes Draw Blood 20Ft Aoe but snare would work only on main target.

5. Squig Herder has so much things it shouldnt have that its another topic.

6. But Pounce should be removed and Outta My Way! as well, maybe give that to Blorc. Better would be to give Chop Fasta to blorc + give Choppa skill like ID which STACKS + Proccing all possible procs to replace Chop Fasta.
1. This is fine...

2. Undefendable abilities sholud work though, right? (I mean, the abilities that DESCRIBED as undefendable (like Snipe or Bolt of Change), not the ones like throwing dagggers).

3. 30% means that your target can just walk away from you because melee range means 40% snare on you.

4. Dunno, maybe.

5. Yes,no need to write an essay of hate here, i can control myself...barely.

6. No, no pounce or outta my way for blorc, please. I think that "You Wot?!" is broken enough already and there is no need to add some mobility to this. I can agree on the Chop Fasta changes though, as the ID analogue for choppa. Just end this "rampage/pull" fest.

Rapzel

Post#16 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:03 am

Avernus wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:46 am
Wow, interesting way to communicate! Bringing up things that no one mentioned except you even when you are quoting him, adding nothing to the convo just like this comment of mine=) Not being able to Dodge/Parry Throwing dagger type skills is bad though and easy fix i imagine, and its been like this for years and should be fixed.
You can parry dagger throw, but you can't parry a dagger in the back. This was changed years ago, since it made no sense that a high ballistic skill would be the required stat to snare an escaping target.

Sinisterror

Post#17 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:43 am

Avernus wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:41 am
1. Wow, interesting way to communicate! Bringing up things that no one mentioned except you even when you are quoting him, adding nothing to the convo just like this comment of mine=)

2. Not being able to Dodge/Parry Throwing dagger type skills is bad though and easy fix i imagine, and its been like this for years and should be fixed. Nothing should go thru Morale Avoidances except Engi/Magus Stagger SH/SW Whirling Pin and WH/WE selfpunt stagger.

3. Change Draw Blood to stack 3x Like Broadhead Arrow worked before + Add 30% 5 sec snare to it as well.

4. Melee SW should have more Aoe things so 3x Stacking Draw blood + add to Merciless Soldier tactic that makes Draw Blood 20Ft Aoe but snare would work only on main target.

5. Squig Herder has so much things it shouldnt have that its another topic.

6. But Pounce should be removed and Outta My Way! as well, maybe give that to Blorc. Better would be to give Chop Fasta to blorc + give Choppa skill like ID which STACKS + Proccing all possible procs to replace Chop Fasta.
1. This is fine...

2. Undefendable abilities sholud work though, right? (I mean, the abilities that DESCRIBED as undefendable (like Snipe or Bolt of Change), not the ones like throwing dagggers).

3. 30% means that your target can just walk away from you because melee range means 40% snare on you.

4. Dunno, maybe.

5. Yes,no need to write an essay of hate here, i can control myself...barely.

6. No, no pounce or outta my way for blorc, please. I think that "You Wot?!" is broken enough already and there is no need to add some mobility to this. I can agree on the Chop Fasta changes though, as the ID analogue for choppa. Just end this "rampage/pull" fest.
My bad I didnt mean that give pounce to Blorc only that it should be removed from SH along with Outta My Way!. And you are correct that You Wot?! is very strong and giving black orc speed boost might be a bit too much. Keep Pounce as Order Only imo and make WL Pounce Mid-air again <3

2. Nothing that does dmg bypass(Live) Morale Avoidances except another Morale skills with Dmg. Like Melee M2 1200 aoe dmg will go through M1 100% Parry and M2 100% Block as well. But Normal skills that do dmg, even undefendable ones didnt bypass Morale Avoidances,Boc/Snipe etc. Live I remember only Wh/We selfpunt. Magus/Engi Stagger and Sw/Sh Whirling Pin and none of these do dmg and both sides have exact same skills. This was Live though RoR has changed how they work. Rampage Didnt Ignore Morale Avoidances Live and didnt ignore Guard mechanic either(Obviously) but RoR has Changed this as well.

3. I thought that 30% would be okay because it has no CD so it's spammable but 40% is okay too imo.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Avernus

Post#18 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:03 am

Sinisterror wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:43 am I thought that 30% would be okay because it has no CD so it's spammable but 40% is okay too imo.
Well, since it's a tank feature to keep you permasnared, maybe it isn't supposed to be spammable. As far as i know, the standart for mdps is 5s snare 10s cooldown (and mSH snare is like that too).

Ads
Sever1n

Post#19 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:26 am

Melle sov have a snare on it. Snare not a reason why sw is trash compared to sh and other dps. There was bilion of topics on this problem, bilion suggestions, but still no solution.

Phantasm

Post#20 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:32 am

Solution is more squigs.