Recent Topics

Ads

Back after many years. How would you rate the current state of the game?

Let's talk about... everything else
seanbearfail

Back after many years. How would you rate the current state of the game?

Post#1 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:07 am

I played the game for a long time near the beginning. I had fun, but I didn't find it to be very functional. How would you rate how functional it currently is? One thing I'm very curious about is how functional the PVE dungeons are.

Ads
Scottx125

Re: Back after many years. How would you rate the current state of the game?

Post#2 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:14 pm

Dungeons are dull. That's the best I can describe them. RvR is fun. But zergs drain the fun from it during peak time, the RvR campaign is also pointless now considering city happens on a schedule and there are balance issues which will hopefully be fixed when the new ability system is finished.

However, it's all functional. You might get the rare bug or crash but 80-90% of the time it's fine.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Akalukz

Post#3 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:34 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:14 pm Dungeons are dull. That's the best I can describe them. RvR is fun. But zergs drain the fun from it during peak time, the RvR campaign is also pointless now considering city happens on a schedule and there are balance issues which will hopefully be fixed when the new ability system is finished.

However, it's all functional. You might get the rare bug or crash but 80-90% of the time it's fine.
Yet we all seem to still find time to play on a regular basis, so there is fun to be had.
-= Agony =-

seanbearfail

Post#4 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:52 pm

Thanks a lot, people. That's about what I expected. Really, thanks!

BluIzLucky

Post#5 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:31 pm

seanbearfail wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:07 am I played the game for a long time near the beginning. I had fun, but I didn't find it to be very functional. How would you rate how functional it currently is? One thing I'm very curious about is how functional the PVE dungeons are.
The dungeons are in very good shape at the moment, lots of bugs been fixed and run/attempt ending bugs are exceptionally rare.
The PvE gear can now optionally be used to progress PvP wards too (and PvP can progress PvE, all more or less shared now), so the rewards for doing PvE are much higher and with less runs needed.

I don't run the dungeons for fun, but do have fun when I run them (for the most part, and still after 6ths R40 dungeon running alt)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Scottx125

Post#6 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:33 pm

Akalukz wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:34 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:14 pm Dungeons are dull. That's the best I can describe them. RvR is fun. But zergs drain the fun from it during peak time, the RvR campaign is also pointless now considering city happens on a schedule and there are balance issues which will hopefully be fixed when the new ability system is finished.

Yet we all seem to still find time to play on a regular basis, so there is fun to be had.
Yes? I don't understand your comment, I clearly said that there was fun to be had, especially in RvR. Not mentioning the issues would be a disservice to the OP. In terms of dungeons? No, I don't play them anymore. Only when helping guildies gear or when I REALLY need tali farming. RvR I play only during my guild WB's now unless I need to finish my weekly. I'm personally burnt out of the game and tired of the same sold same old. I'm exploring other MMO's and waiting for the ability system to be finished.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

bittrio

Post#7 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:10 am

PVE dungeons are OK. A little too easy, but still fun.
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.