Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 30/03/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Brizio

Re: Patch Notes 30/03/2023

Post#31 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:22 pm

skylinx wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:56 pm X-realm balanced scenarios when?

At least introduce it for one weekend warfront as a trial. No premades, solo queue, healers can spec dps...

Just one time before the game is dead, give us a weekend of balanced fights in a 12v12 environment.

It'll cut down on .surrenders. no solo queue vs premade warfront stomping on the forums.

Can't hurt to do it just one weekend

🙏

I was actually thinking about trying RoR again this weekend so it came to my mind reading patch notes.

I instantly gave up. 10 years and they just don't get it. People don't surrender to get crest, they surrender because SCs are unbalanced, boring and not a good use of they're time.

I'll tryin again in a year. Cya!

Ads
deepruntramp

Post#32 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:30 pm

dalen wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:15 pm
Detangler wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:01 pm Ya know, there were plenty of times I knew my side was planning on surrendering and most had given up, but I'd jump back in to see if I can get/secure top protection or objectives for the extra crest, and didn't care if I died again. Selfish? Maybe, but now you're gonna have even less people trying.

Those that hit surrender don't care about the extra rewards for top category, so this won't change anything.
The extra crest for earning medals for top score hasn't changed at all.

If you lose a scenario you get:

1 crest base
1 crest per 100 points (up to 4 crests for 400+ points)
1 crest per medal won (5 crests if you win all five categories)
1 crest if T2+ and scenario took 6+ minutes
1 crest if T4 and it was not a surrender

So maximum crests a player can get for a single scenario on the losing side is 12.

What changed in this patch was that the conditions in bold and underline were added.
So what then was removed? Was 2 crests base reduced to 1 crest base with the extra crest behind no surrender?

The notes (and then the staff in Discord) made it sound like all loser stipends had been removed if you surrendered. Which as someone that uses the command as intended (to end obvious shutouts like getting spawn camped because of premade/matchmaker/you just suck) sounded regressive as hell.

Haojin

Post#33 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:43 pm

Kaelang wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:12 pm
Haojin wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:09 pm
ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:43 pm
Combat and Careers
General Changes and Fixes

The "Corrosive" armor debuff proc that appears on various armor sets has had its values lowered.

New values match the "Bracing" armor buff proc and are:

- Mayhem: 510

- Devastator: 545

- Beastlord: 563

- Redeye: 598

- Onslaught: 950

- Vale-Walker: 1038
1770 was too strong and now you made it completly useless. Only purpose for the vale walker set was creating more diversity for the 2x no-armor debuff tanks on both sides. Like double kotbs, chosen and sm. If the concern was 2h tanks in warbands spamming armor debuff; it's not gonna work unless everyone need to babysit that player which is waste of time.

Why the teams approach always either black or white ? either overbuff or overnerf. Proc value should be around 1300-1400 to worth grind or usage.
The issue with procs as it currently stands is they are based on set level and we are unable to simply edit the actual effect as an individual piece, which is why they're swinging in values. Probably not what you want to hear, but the Ability Rework will actually allow us to build this armor debuff as a custom ability so we can manually tamper with the ability and place it on items where appropriate without the other stats and ilevels of the sets being directly impacted.

So yes, they are swinging values at the moment, but truthfully it's not an easy solution until we have the capabilities to separate the ability from the item and then tamper with that as a separate entity.
i have no idea about what's going on behind the curtain and i understand that editing would be smoother when it's done. that's relatively good news.

all i'm saying is biggest corrosion proc should be between 1300-1400 to make it worth. other sets could be scaled based on it same as with this patch.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn

Cornerback

Post#34 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:50 pm

Awesome change, removing the crest for surrender votes. I'm sure people will love either being farmed for 15min by premades or getting even less crest. I feel really motivated right now. Its the small improvements that keep making this game awesome xD
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

Kaelang

Post#35 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:59 pm

Haojin wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:43 pm

1770 was too strong and now you made it completly useless. Only purpose for the vale walker set was creating more diversity for the 2x no-armor debuff tanks on both sides. Like double kotbs, chosen and sm. If the concern was 2h tanks in warbands spamming armor debuff; it's not gonna work unless everyone need to babysit that player which is waste of time.

Why the teams approach always either black or white ? either overbuff or overnerf. Proc value should be around 1300-1400 to worth grind or usage.
The issue with procs as it currently stands is they are based on set level and we are unable to simply edit the actual effect as an individual piece, which is why they're swinging in values. Probably not what you want to hear, but the Ability Rework will actually allow us to build this armor debuff as a custom ability so we can manually tamper with the ability and place it on items where appropriate without the other stats and ilevels of the sets being directly impacted.

So yes, they are swinging values at the moment, but truthfully it's not an easy solution until we have the capabilities to separate the ability from the item and then tamper with that as a separate entity.
i have no idea about what's going on behind the curtain and i understand that editing would be smoother when it's done. that's relatively good news.

all i'm saying is biggest corrosion proc should be between 1300-1400 to make it worth. other sets could be scaled based on it same as with this patch.
Basically I'd say we agree that the values aren't ideal based on the sets they come with. But as it stands there isn't a way to edit just the ability without tampering with the rest of the set. When we have the capacity to take the ability / effect and rework that as an individual skill and re-add it onto items, we can look at actual values and make adjustments much more reliably.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

pawnsacrifice

Post#36 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:12 pm

Haojin wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:43 pm

My favorite is that it says it matches the "Bracing" armor buff proc, which as far as I can tell, doesn't even exist right now in RoR. I had to find an old forum post from 2020 on sov sets which showed the proc existing for JUST the swordmaster. I couldn't find it on current equipment wikis. If you do let me know. Currently it seems like a defunct, nonexistent proc, so why the hell is it even being mentioned as a basis for this change? What relevance is that at all? Seems like a weak reason. HV needed to be scaled back a bit, but the rest which has existed without problem for a long time now, didn't need this harsh treatment.

Lithenir

Post#37 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:19 pm

Oh wow.

Everyone who supports this incredible idea of removing the additional crests when you surrender should be tarred and feathered.

Now the glorious premades can stand even longer in front of the spawn, ignoring the objective and the others won't even surrender because there will be enough people greedy for the second loser crest.

What about important stuff like the ability system rework, promised months ago? Balance changes are the most important stuff right now yet you keep sucking the life out of this game with the most recent patches.

pawnsacrifice

Post#38 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:28 pm

ReturnOfReckoning wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:43 pm
Combat and Careers
General Changes and Fixes

The "Corrosive" armor debuff proc that appears on various armor sets has had its values lowered.

New values match the "Bracing" armor buff proc and are:

- Mayhem: 510

- Devastator: 545

- Beastlord: 563

- Redeye: 598

- Onslaught: 950

- Vale-Walker: 1038

I don't understand. Before the change the proc was 1200 armor as per here where you can see screenshots of the set bonuses: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nuS ... ZoqP4/edit

In updating HV and the set, it was increased to 1770 because of the increased item level I'm assuming. But now it's worse than it was originally. From what I understand it can be changed back to 1200, but for some reason someone decided to nerf it all across the board. For the small changes in HV and swapping out block for parry it doesn't deserve nerfing corrosion to a weaker than previous value. Same goes for the other sets. Nobody cared before, so it wasn't necessary. It's mind boggling.

Ads
dalen
Developer

Post#39 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:43 pm

pawnsacrifice wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:28 pm

I don't understand. Before the change the proc was 1200 armor as per here where you can see screenshots of the set bonuses: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nuS ... ZoqP4/edit

In updating HV and the set, it was increased to 1770 because of the increased item level I'm assuming. But now it's worse than it was originally. From what I understand it can be changed back to 1200, but for some reason someone decided to nerf it all across the board. For the small changes in HV and swapping out block for parry it doesn't deserve nerfing corrosion to a weaker than previous value. Same goes for the other sets. Nobody cared before, so it wasn't necessary. It's mind boggling.
The Mayhem set armor debuff also turned into 1770 as soon as the player at that level stepped into an RvR lake and was bolstered. If players didn't care before that was likely because they didn't know how that stuff actually worked and how broken OP it was.

Earlier when vale walker had 1200 armor debuff on tanks, the other procs on the set had lower values for tanks than all other archetypes, because the level is for the whole armor set.
Now the stat procs on tanks have the same power as all the other archetypes.
Source Developer

pawnsacrifice

Post#40 » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:52 pm

dalen wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:43 pm
pawnsacrifice wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:28 pm

The Mayhem set armor debuff also turned into 1770 as soon as the player at that level stepped into an RvR lake and was bolstered. If players didn't care before that was likely because they didn't know how that stuff actually worked and how broken OP it was.

Earlier when vale walker had 1200 armor debuff on tanks, the other procs on the set had lower values for tanks than all other archetypes, because the level is for the whole armor set.
Now the stat procs on tanks have the same power as all the other archetypes.
So are you saying it always had a max value of 1770 for all sets with the proc previous to this change? Just the tooltip was incorrect?

I have noticed the stat procs not give as much as the tooltip suggests before. Preservation is another one. It's good that works again for HV but are you saying that it can't be 1200 again because the stat procs now give the full amount? If it's tied to item level then why was mayhem acting that way? Did the bolster affect item level? Did that stop working when you hit 40?