Recent Topics

Ads

Patch Notes 30/03/2023

Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
JackLope

Re: Patch Notes 30/03/2023

Post#71 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:09 am

I'm sorry, but it's been years, and we still haven't gotten any skaven tokens out of this obviously skaven themed event.
At the moment, there's skaven cosmetics in the game and NO way to obtain them.
All the exotic trophies, skaven cloaks and the like, fully in the game as we speak, yet we receive the same rewards as last time this event ran.
One would successfully argue that it would be less work to enable us a way to obtain those items, seeing as more than likely they are not being reserved for actual Skaven invasions, as it would be in Live, as I believe it has been stated multiple times that such a mechanic will not be coming to the server.
Is there any actual reason as to why we can't have those as rewards instead, for this event?

Ads
lemao

Post#72 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:14 am

Lithenir wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:35 am
rejndjer wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:01 am
tvbrowntown wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:53 pm
you have to ask, who is leading the conversation about making changes within the RoR team? I know there are slim resources but at least prioritize them well please?
somebody who really loves "6v6" sc elite playstyle. ask yourself why was one currency patch worked on, if not for the ability of pure sc players to get all the gear :))
There is no "6v6" sc elite playstyle. If premades really would like to face each other, ranked wouldn't be dead
Only half true. Yes, you are right there are premades who would never play that content because they know they have no real fighting chance.
On the other side ranked requires specific meta classes/teamcomps to be successful. Already having 1 class which doesn´t fit into the meta weakens/lowers your chance of winning drastically.

In normal scs which are usually 12 v 12 all classes are viable and less optimal teamcomps won´t get abused as much.

Rapzel

Post#73 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:19 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:08 am Who says that i cannot create a 6 man group?
When sc elite playstyle groups are so interested in group ranked how come that I run into them in almost every stomp sc? Shouldn't they play ranked then?
Obviously with the limited knowledge that you show you do seem to struggle with this, the fact that your preconception of 6 man groups only queuing to farm solo players shows that you lack experience in forming and participating in this type of content. As I told you previously there is a lot of effort required to get a 6vs6 going, you need to coordinate 12 people to play at the same time on the correct careers with the correct gear and renown.

What you suggest then I suppose is that if there is no other 6 man the people who form a 6 man is not allowed to play the game?
I ran 3 discordant scs last weekend I believe, all of them were massive stomps, where it ended with a surrender vote, the difference from a pug vs. premade was +40 points. All of them were awful, even though I was winning the game play from my teammates made me extremely frustrated, random punts to save enemy players, whine and toxicity in /sc about how stupid people were not playing the objective and just zerging, I do not have anything positive to say about discordant.
Later I queued with RSW + Slayer, we won some scs and lost some, but at least we had a lot of fun.
When I queue with 1-5 other people at least I know that there will be someone who has a clue of what they are doing, which allows me to actually play the game instead of praying that I picked the right person to support/assist on.

Uchoo

Post#74 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:24 pm

Rapzel wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:05 am

How come there's so many group ranked games played this preseason then? I mean if no one was interested there would be no games right?
There have been a lot of games for 2 reasons.

A. 6v6 teams were pretty active recently so they were playing each other more.

B. A couple of community members started putting together 6v6 events aimed at friendly, teaching matches. The teams are assembled and matchmade beforehand so the quality of the games is better than the Solo Ranked system, which is less frustrating to many.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Fallenkezef

Post#75 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:42 pm

tvbrowntown wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:29 am
Schweedy wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:17 am
bradbury111 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:56 pm I was expecting the HV armor debuff value tuned "down a bit", didn't expect a change so harsh towards lower tier sets bonuses.

The sc change is...pointless?
For lower tiers not everybody uses Armor Potions from the AH, let alone know how to make it themselves. This is a good change for lower tiers, were new players are still trying to understand and survive the new gearing economy. Newbies compose the bulk of the playerbase.

the percentage of 59 from 275 is approximately 21.45%.

Oh, I guess they really do make up a good part of the population.

If it's a change aimed at the lower tier why not... you know just change it for the lower tiers and keep the values for the higher tiers?
I think this highlights a problem. We have a sizable percentage that START the game but they don't STAY with the game. But sorting out retention is not a priority, stopping people getting a crest if they quit an SC, that's a priority?
Alea iacta est

Alubert

Post#76 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:31 pm

Is there really so much crying for one or two less crests for a lost sc?
Unbelievable. At a time where there is a single currency and a plethora of sources where it can be debased this is strange to say the least.
The equipment farm is downright trivial and too easy.
Remember that if you acquire everything too quickly the game without carrots becomes definitely more boring.
It's fortunate that triu/vict jewelry costs the right amount of crests because I would have lost my purpose in the game long ago.

As for improving and not giving up in scs just bring back the guards in wc as it used to be, eliminate the debilitating barriers and let the losing side that used to be able to and nowadays don't tame the overly pushy attackers.
It worked perfectly until someone for some stupid reason decided to spoil everything by introducing barriers.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

Garamore

Post#77 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:36 pm

Yeah remove barriers and put guards in like it was back on live. Made it useful to stay in scen as always a chance someone would over extend into guards and you get kills. Now its afk till 4 mins and surrender if totally outmatched.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Lithenir

Post#78 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:53 pm

Rapzel wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 2:19 pm
Lithenir wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:08 am Who says that i cannot create a 6 man group?
When sc elite playstyle groups are so interested in group ranked how come that I run into them in almost every stomp sc? Shouldn't they play ranked then?
Obviously with the limited knowledge that you show you do seem to struggle with this, the fact that your preconception of 6 man groups only queuing to farm solo players shows that you lack experience in forming and participating in this type of content. As I told you previously there is a lot of effort required to get a 6vs6 going, you need to coordinate 12 people to play at the same time on the correct careers with the correct gear and renown.
Please just stop, this is hilarious.

Nowadays there is simply most to zero effort required to get a 6vs6 going. You just gather 5 people together with you in a party, click on "queue for rank grouped" and you're ready just needing to wait for another group to queue.
Do you wanna know when effort was required? Back in the days on live, when discord wasn't even invented and you were restricted to one faction per server. If you wanted to have a proper 6vs6 you had to set up a date with time and place via forums and stuff.
Nowadays you can even just jump on discord and ask directly. So don't tell me it requires effort now.

And because we are talking about "elite playstyle groups" and the mentioned "glorious premades" (which I thought was clear means the premades that play together every day) it requires even less effort because they just need to gather the usual suspects and click on the queue button.

I don't care about people randomly gathering a 6 man, everyone can do this.

Ads
Kaeldrick

Post#79 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:11 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:53 pm Nowadays there is simply most to zero effort required to get a 6vs6 going. You just gather 5 people together with you in a party, click on "queue for rank grouped" and you're ready just needing to wait for another group to queue.
Well, this is not how it works actally. It's a bit more difficult than you imagine there because you don't want to queue with some random player for that content.

Lithenir

Post#80 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:14 pm

Kaeldrick wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:11 pm
Lithenir wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:53 pm Nowadays there is simply most to zero effort required to get a 6vs6 going. You just gather 5 people together with you in a party, click on "queue for rank grouped" and you're ready just needing to wait for another group to queue.
Well, this is not how it works actally. It's a bit more difficult than you imagine there because you don't want to queue with some random player for that content.
This part was just for pointing out how easy it is compared to live times.
If you read the whole post you will see that i mention the elite sc players, the whole thing was about in the first place