Recent Topics

Ads

Has Stealth Ever Been Done Well?

Talk about things which are not related to RoR or War.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Svartypops

Re: Has Stealth Ever Been Done Well?

Post#31 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:31 pm

I wondered why Stealth was worse than I remember it!

The 30 second thing was a massive improvement on DAoC's permastealth - for the record I mained Shadowblade for years and years. Long duration stealth is terrible, short duration stealth isn't AS bad, but it's still bad.

I wondered why stealthers felt so ridiculous after my experience of it being better. Well, that sucks.

I know it's impossible to compare the implementation of KaK to a stealth change, but in my brain this one stealth buff negates everything they've done to improve the game. What a shame.

Ads
Martok

Post#32 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:14 am

Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Sofong

Post#33 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:40 am

Oldpine wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:25 pm
Sofong wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 3:27 pm u have a class AVERAGE near 10:1 solo kills. way above others in game, if thats not broken idk what is. they were pecfectly capable of the st killer role before the necessary buffs.
Where do you get this statistic btw? Id like to see those.

warlover

Post#34 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:28 am

Every class wants every other class Nerf-ed stealth is here to stay and don't need any more Nerf !!!!!!!!!

Avernus

Post#35 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:44 am

Morradin wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:51 pm
1. Second. 1 Min Stealth is NOT that long. It is just enough to allow stealthed player to get in the best position possible to attack, and if need to, get away. Gives the stealther time to evaluate the conditions and if need be withdraw. This is the only fully working method for a stealther to increase survivability. Remember, the jump back ability can be negated by opponent cc, and sometimes does not work.

2. Third. Stealth is easily broken. From Chosen/KoBS auras, to any random aoe ability, damage or cc, can break stealth. More importantly, 4 points of RR put into INIT, and you can see stealthers most of the time. At least I do on my Magus, SW, Sham, and AM.
1. Only fully working method for a stealther to increase survivability? Poor melee classes, they can't stealth like you, can't jump away like you, and you have a better version of their charge (still facepalming from this "perfectly balanced" skill). Oh, and despite the fact that medium armor does offer a bit better protection, you are still better at surviving magic damage because of this 100% disrupt thing. No surviving tools indeed.

P.S. I'm not even talking about stealth regen abominations.

2. It's not easily broken - more like it's complete random. Sometimes the first hit does the thing. Sometimes you can see WE, hit her a few times, lose her, then see her again to hit her a few times more and lose her again(spamming aoe when you can't see her, obviously).

Toshutkidup

Post#36 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:24 am

I LOVED DAoC stealth system. Yes it was perma however you had anti stealth mechanics available for other stealth classes so ( aka mos ) and you had to spec into stealth to make it better otherwise you could be easier detected by non stealthers. You would literally have people that played a rogue class and did nothing but almost hunt other stealthers. Later on in updates to DAoC they have some non classes again ways to spec into stealth detection ( aka Vamp ) .
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Fey

Post#37 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:06 am

Toshutkidup is on point.

Daoc stealth is probably the best implemented stealth system. Pure stealth classes that are countered by archer/off stealth. There is an entire player base that just eats that 1v1 adversarial **** up. Personally I've only done Swtor Operative as far as a serious stealth class. I must admit I loved it. Makes me want to sub swtor for a month.

The stealth mechanic makes the game richer. It's not game breaking, don't fix it. If anything a nerfed 10sec version should be given to SW. Maybe then they stop whinging. No SH you can't have it.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

zgolec

Post#38 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:58 am

Stealth until ap runs out aint bad, the problem i got is the ammount of dmg WE/WH can take before it destealth again... Sometimes you can give full WL aoe channel and some aditional hits and it still doesnt destealth and this is total fk up.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#39 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:03 am

Currently stealth feels a bit too long duration, especially when you add means to stay perma-stealthed like AP gifts/regen per second like healers/engineer tactics (effectively making stealth permanent as long you are in range for heal -Runi/Zealot/WP/DoK- or turret).

Stealth is draining 3 AP/s, wich means 1 min and 40s of stealth with a full AP pool.

Maybe it need a balancing to 4 AP/s, and/or a condition to totally prevent AP gain when stealthed no matter the mean.
It will stil be a 75 second long stealth, wich I find being a good compromise between the old 30s (wich was too short indeed) and the new system, wich many find too long to fulfill its intended goal.

Haojin

Post#40 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:54 am

old stealth was useless. plain and simple. if you think opposite, you have no idea about we/wh or ganking. it's a long debate topic since 2008, no one was liking it. i'm laughing with my ass when i see comments about old version as " strategical stealth usage " . lol.

new one is much more better, tbf it could be even longer, so we/wh as scouts could be a thing in messy rvr.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn