Recent Topics

Ads

Asking for an advice chosing melee class to play

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
vekkth

Asking for an advice chosing melee class to play

Post#1 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:18 pm

Hello, chat.

Please educate me - I want to play melee with a bunch of friends. I want to be a significant threat to my enemies, I also want to be more or less selfsufficient (at least to some degree). I love aesthetics for WH and Slayer, but can consider any interesting melee class. I played extensively during original launch (BOrk and Marauder mostly), I also not a stranger for a competitive PvP in the past.

Your argumented opinion is most welcome. Thank you.

Ads
Rapzel

Re: Asking for an advice chosing melee class to play

Post#2 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:39 pm

WH/WL on order and Mara/WE destro.

No big difference between WL/WH in capabilities when it comes to solo AFAIK.
WH fits into more setups if you plan to play 6 man.

On the destro side I'd say WE all the way, only advantage I see that Mara has is that it can take more damage and has decent AoE. But if you don't plan to warblob in ORvR there's no reason to Mara.

Poknok

Post#3 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:47 pm

If you want the option to play solo sometimes, in addition to group fights, I agree with the above comment about WL/WH and Mara/WE.

Slayer/Choppa can be great in a group but they are not designed for solo play.

Also heads up that Marauder and White Lion have about twice as much armor on their gear as the stealth classes, so if you're in a big brawl those two will stay up a lot longer. If you like being in the middle of big fights that can be important.

Phantasm

Post#4 » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:12 pm

If you wanna play with friends consider trio at least - heal tank mdps. There are certain trios with better synergies then others. but for casual play any class is ok.