Recent Topics

Ads

Idears for improvements

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
darkt1981

Re: Idears for improvements

Post#11 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:01 am

Everdin wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:53 am Where is the problem? Access is not limited by the Game. If you can't join the city it is because there are Not enough enemys and you play in the overpopulated realm. Instead of advocating for a lockout of other players to the overpopulated realm, you may Just switch to the underdog.
i know i play the underdog my self for that reason, but it seems we have a lot of people that dont like being underdogs and thats fine, but it does make the issue only worse causing more and more vets and stuff to leave taking there know how and such with them and making it harder for people to get info and learn the game, i mean lets behonest the game isnt really know for it "easy to learn curve on new players"

Ads
Minisynn

Post#12 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:03 am

darkt1981 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:45 am
Uchoo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:39 am So your idea is to restrict people who have been actively playing the game for years from.. playing the game actively? This will make the new player experience better in what way?
in more balanced teams vs team fights instead of full sov vs low geared people and giving other a chance of going in stead of the same 5 warband every single time.
Why are you queuing for city on low geared characters? It's supposed to be end-game content, where players bring their strongest characters and strongest comps to have properly balanced 24vs24 fights. Especially now that royal crests don't exist so people don't need city whatsoever for gear like they used to.

Surely you don't think locking people out of city that actually deserve to or have put in the effort to be there is a good solution?

The idea of it just being a geared vs not geared issue has come up on RoR forums forever, and 99.9% of the time the gear comparison excuse is just a means for weaker players to justify their losing until they're in bis, at which point the gear excuse typically becomes a "we need to stop xyz premades", "xrealmers", or "x class on the other faction is OP and that's why we lost"

The other reality is that not all MMO players are made equal, and if we assume a typical skill distribution bell curve like most MMOs have, then you can assume that ~10% of RoRs players will actually be able to compete at a reasonable level when placed with/against the top players of the server in 24vs24 groups with no gear difference big enough to be a real factor. Although since most of that 10% are funneled into the same 6 man guilds and handful of ~12 man guilds that are already regularly queuing for city, it becomes nigh impossible to create the balanced fights you want purely due to player skill gap between most groups and the fact that most of the strongest players on the server are already accounted for. The reality is that on a 1k pop server, you're never going to be able to make competitive content like city pug friendly or weak-premade friendly without punishing other players for no good reason.

Myself and a few friends created a guild not 9 months ago with the sole purpose of competing against the top players in city, and even with a full stack of highly geared characters and some incredibly strong players running super meta comps, we still struggled to pull wins off against equally stacked teams from the well known top guilds on the server. That's the nature of the game and doubly so on a server like RoR with so many of the best players sitting in just a few guilds.
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Everdin

Post#13 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:15 am

If you have problems to get in the city you are Part of the problem.

Regarding thenother point, your proposal is locking people on one side by mac and ip, and in your next point they should be forced to switch to the other side If their realm is overpopulated?

I don't see any problems here, will only take a few weeks until the server ist perfectly balanced at 0 vs 0!
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Absinth

Post#14 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:27 am

darkt1981 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:48 am
Absinth wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 6:13 am [...]
7 instance if never seen more then 5 an i play like 12 hours a day xD

and no locking sides stops xrealming and forces people to play 1 side making the game overal more balanced, just like in live the xrealming is the big problem currently and thats what is killing the server, on Destro s ide more and more long time players /guild leaders are quiting/taking a break because of this issue.

So no Xrealming is a problem and if people think its not they are part of the problem seeing most of them are the xrealmers then.
Soo you play 12h a day and you havent seen this month 2 instances that were over 5?

2023-04-10 ALTDORF siege 6 instances
2023-04-04 ALTDORF siege 6 instances

Locking sides does not stop xrealming, it stops players from playing game. Force people to play one side only and you will wake up with unbalanced realms because you have 80% of people logged into order and locked from switching to destro. It is problem but locking people is not the solution just like it was not solution at live.

You talk about guild leaders but give me example of one? Some guild go order and then some order guilds go destro.

Xrealming is issue on lower pop times (aka NA) and not on 1k+ online people europe times.
(God i love when 40% order aao turns into 60% destro aao after ram gets spawned)

You are just coming with onesided ideas that take no consideration into how stuff works.
And before you go with BuT yOu ArE xReAlMeR, i have no order chars that i play and i only play destro, the slayer is made for memes and i never logged into him.

YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO FIND EXCUSE FOR YOUR WEAK POINTS AND FORCING YOUR EXCUSE AT OTHERS.
Instead of getting better gear (and as you said you play 12h a day, at that pace you should be already in sov :) i know person who got to full sov in 1-2month by plaing 3-8h daily soo it should be no issue with getting to sov at 12h/day) or atleast getting better at your plays, you are throwing your excuses at xrealmers and gear difference when you dont understand a single thing, as a person who runs in organised warband on a level higher than pug i can tell you that most of the time when we start getting stomped is not when xrealm guild switch from destro to order but when order guilds start condensing into blob and pick every pug into their unholy godless huge ball of processed meat thats only purpose is to overwhelm enemies by sheer amount of slayers.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

mynban

Post#15 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:52 am

Less stick, more carrot is the solution.

People xrealm for better rewards, instead change mechanics so that underdog side gets more rewards => people xrealming towards underpop side

Profit

Absinth

Post#16 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:59 am

mynban wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:52 am Less stick, more carrot is the solution.

People xrealm for better rewards, instead change mechanics so that underdog side gets more rewards => people xrealming towards underpop side

Profit
Give too much carrot = people loosing on purpose, you just cant give more crests for loosing than for winning.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

Cyrylius

Post#17 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:46 am

Sometimes i hope ideas like this one are introduced at least for a while, so that fanatical belivers of RoR conspiracy theories can witness their own game fixing creation work just in the way everyone else predicted them to work - which is to not work. But what am i talking about, some players see the RvR fights unfold and manage to get to all the wrong conclusions on that basis. And then they make those conclusions a magical explanation to everything that they dislike in the game just because actually understanding basic patterns that happen in a self regulating open PvP requires much more self doubt than they can afford.
People dont leave your side because they move to the other side. They stop playing and find someting else to do because they were getting stomped or bored or often both. At the same time the other side loses less players, as those already there are encouraged to play more (they are winning, so they get rewards, so positive feedback magic happens). Now, that means population at the given zone in a given moment is mostly dependant on population half an hour ago and whatever happened since then. If left alone that evolves either stops on failed siege, which means recalculation of zone pop as players leave/stay, or evolves into zerg if the more populated side wins. And that zerg can be stopped by population falling low enough to stop RvR period, leaders (or main warbands) quitting or an organized guild popping on other side. And thats basic RvR flow.
And notice there are no xrealmers here needed to explain all those issues you speak of. And to begin with, players good enough to actually matter when they swap sides are usually more interested in getting AAO than zerging, not even because it gives rewards but because more numerous enemies will get bored with getting stomped slower - so they will last longer. But let us not delude ourselves, many players already tried explaining this to you and you have effectively proven to be invulnerable to those attempts.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Uchoo

Post#18 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:58 am

It takes 1 week of pve and 60 RR to be competitive in about every city. The difference between that level of gear and BiS isn't that extreme in most cases.

Knowledge, skill and experience are far more important. Vets will stomp people, very small portions of that is because of gear.

Try asking the team that you lost to why you lost and you'll probably get kind and constructive criticism that will point you in the right direction.
"They're gonna die if we kill them" - Klev on strategy

RoR Memes
https://www.youtube.com/@UchooGaming
Check out my Twitter, I talk about RoR & Games
https://twitter.com/UchooGaming
The RoR Guide
https://shorturl.at/ouGH8

Ads
darkt1981

Post#19 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:40 pm

Minisynn wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:03 am
darkt1981 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:45 am
Uchoo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:39 am So your idea is to restrict people who have been actively playing the game for years from.. playing the game actively? This will make the new player experience better in what way?
in more balanced teams vs team fights instead of full sov vs low geared people and giving other a chance of going in stead of the same 5 warband every single time.
Why are you queuing for city on low geared characters? It's supposed to be end-game content, where players bring their strongest characters and strongest comps to have properly balanced 24vs24 fights. Especially now that royal crests don't exist so people don't need city whatsoever for gear like they used to.

Surely you don't think locking people out of city that actually deserve to or have put in the effort to be there is a good solution?

The idea of it just being a geared vs not geared issue has come up on RoR forums forever, and 99.9% of the time the gear comparison excuse is just a means for weaker players to justify their losing until they're in bis, at which point the gear excuse typically becomes a "we need to stop xyz premades", "xrealmers", or "x class on the other faction is OP and that's why we lost"

The other reality is that not all MMO players are made equal, and if we assume a typical skill distribution bell curve like most MMOs have, then you can assume that ~10% of RoRs players will actually be able to compete at a reasonable level when placed with/against the top players of the server in 24vs24 groups with no gear difference big enough to be a real factor. Although since most of that 10% are funneled into the same 6 man guilds and handful of ~12 man guilds that are already regularly queuing for city, it becomes nigh impossible to create the balanced fights you want purely due to player skill gap between most groups and the fact that most of the strongest players on the server are already accounted for. The reality is that on a 1k pop server, you're never going to be able to make competitive content like city pug friendly or weak-premade friendly without punishing other players for no good reason.

Myself and a few friends created a guild not 9 months ago with the sole purpose of competing against the top players in city, and even with a full stack of highly geared characters and some incredibly strong players running super meta comps, we still struggled to pull wins off against equally stacked teams from the well known top guilds on the server. That's the nature of the game and doubly so on a server like RoR with so many of the best players sitting in just a few guilds.
im not low geared, but some people are lvl 40 and lower geared still.

darkt1981

Post#20 » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:41 pm

Uchoo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:58 am It takes 1 week of pve and 60 RR to be competitive in about every city. The difference between that level of gear and BiS isn't that extreme in most cases.

Knowledge, skill and experience are far more important. Vets will stomp people, very small portions of that is because of gear.

Try asking the team that you lost to why you lost and you'll probably get kind and constructive criticism that will point you in the right direction.
Serieus people its not about being stomped on, its about being locked out because the same groups keep getting in where others cannot, because of the 5 vs 5 cap on cities.