Recent Topics

Ads

New Black Orc/Shaman

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Cuddlesthemighty

New Black Orc/Shaman

Post#1 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:57 pm

Orridaxe/Snotbottom- Game so far has been super fun. Was going to wait till 40 before finding a guild (I'm flighty, wanna make sure I'm sticking with for a bit before burdening someone else). I have a lot of questions I'll try to stick to the ones that concern me more immediately.

1)Have the RoR devs been balance patching the game post whatever it was when the official closed down? Mostly asking about balance changes but was just curious in what capacity the RoR game runs.

2)I saw someone say you can hit level 2 go RvR and just pvp up, and that's basically what I've done (not that far like level 13-15 on the pair). I put cultivation/alch on both so I can spam herbs while doin pvp. At what point do I have to actually stop and leave the RvR grind to go do other stuff to support my character? Can I just cap 40 and then deal with it all?

3) I can handle RvR when its a complete landslide in destro favor (crate runs). I love it when it goes equal and its brawling time. But when its mono order RvR what should I do as destro when there's just no bodies?

4)Shaman felt a lot stronger solo than Black Orc. Is healing just that good or do I just need to be more effective on my Orc?

5)I heard willpower stacks more poorly that other stats. If my goal is to play support/heal focused Shaman how should I be looking at stats for that role.

6)Can I go Tanky build with 2H weapon on Black Orc or is that too much of a utility/stat loss vs shield to be viable?

7)Is Black Orc or Shaman more in demand at end game? I might level up both equally unless its worth favoring one.

Edit: 8) Sorry adding one more. If I get my characters up to 16+ and then a friend joins, what happens if i go into a low level pvp zone with an over leveled character? Do I just have to make a new one to level with them?

Ads
BluIzLucky

Re: New Black Orc/Shaman

Post#2 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:17 pm

1) they've made avlot of changes

2) if you only want to pvp you can, but would recommend doing all the pve dungeons at 40 for wards (as the pvp gear gets expensive at this point, personally have not spend a single pvp crest on my latest alt and have all wards, now just need BIS)

3) at lvls 26-32 if you have best gear you can wear, try your luck with solo or small group as you have very strong stat bolster. Otherwise scenario a good option.

4) shaman is S tier solo, BO around B+ and more gear dependent.

5) it's not so much that it scales poorly, more that it's generally better to take defensive stats instead. Additionally heal crit gives a bunch of procs and applies to FoDG/abilities which doesn't scale with willpower.

6) don't play BO but have seen plenty of beefy brawlers around.

7) depends on what you mean by endgame, for getting BIS (R78+) focus on one. For getting pre-BIS (lv40 dungeon gear, R40-70) you can do both and this has some benefits (like filling lfm with either tank or heal). If you do mostly SCs focus on 1 until lvl 40 to reduce rested bonus.

8) yes in pvp. No in pve.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Everdin

Post#3 » Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:55 am

6. As a healer you directly affect the outcome of a fight (you heal more then damage is coming in, player survive). If you don't need to heal you can do other stuff like debuffing enemys.

This is a more rewarding gameplay then a tank.

While some tanks are doing pretty well with killing enemys, it is not your main task, as a tank you help others get in the game, you stay beside your teammates guarding, controlling enemys, debuffing. You don't see your influence directly on the screen (in best case you won't see anything, cause your guarded target is not going down :P). But believe me, the benefit is there, no choppa/slayer is worth anything in a real fight without a good guard.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Detangler

Post#4 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:37 am

Cuddlesthemighty wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:57 pm Orridaxe/Snotbottom- Game so far has been super fun. Was going to wait till 40 before finding a guild (I'm flighty, wanna make sure I'm sticking with for a bit before burdening someone else). I have a lot of questions I'll try to stick to the ones that concern me more immediately.

1)Have the RoR devs been balance patching the game post whatever it was when the official closed down? Mostly asking about balance changes but was just curious in what capacity the RoR game runs.

2)I saw someone say you can hit level 2 go RvR and just pvp up, and that's basically what I've done (not that far like level 13-15 on the pair). I put cultivation/alch on both so I can spam herbs while doin pvp. At what point do I have to actually stop and leave the RvR grind to go do other stuff to support my character? Can I just cap 40 and then deal with it all?

3) I can handle RvR when its a complete landslide in destro favor (crate runs). I love it when it goes equal and its brawling time. But when its mono order RvR what should I do as destro when there's just no bodies?

4)Shaman felt a lot stronger solo than Black Orc. Is healing just that good or do I just need to be more effective on my Orc?

5)I heard willpower stacks more poorly that other stats. If my goal is to play support/heal focused Shaman how should I be looking at stats for that role.

6)Can I go Tanky build with 2H weapon on Black Orc or is that too much of a utility/stat loss vs shield to be viable?

7)Is Black Orc or Shaman more in demand at end game? I might level up both equally unless its worth favoring one.

Edit: 8) Sorry adding one more. If I get my characters up to 16+ and then a friend joins, what happens if i go into a low level pvp zone with an over leveled character? Do I just have to make a new one to level with them?
Check your mail on Orridaxe. Sent you a newbie care package. Welcome to RoR! :)
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Fey

Post#5 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:40 pm

If you're looking for a guild you can join us in Black Toof Clan. We're a greenskins guild. PM Domoarigobbo or anyone else in BTC. Da Freebootaz are also a great greenskin guild. Welcome aboard git!
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

Cuddlesthemighty

Post#6 » Mon May 08, 2023 11:51 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:37 am [

Check your mail on Orridaxe. Sent you a newbie care package. Welcome to RoR! :)
Thanks again got much usage from that! :D