Recent Topics

Ads

return of reckoning age of the flag

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
bottlecups

return of reckoning age of the flag

Post#1 » Wed May 03, 2023 7:48 am

I don’t wanna come of as a **** but if I do im sorry.
Return of Warhammer over the years has changed so much witch is good in a way. But the whole game become the same thing.

There are 3 realms with 4 Tiers doing the same thing. From Tier 1 to Tier 4 realm to realm all we do is run around going to flags and capping them and taking supplies box back build a ram and attack a keep.
The fort you just run around holding flags and wait for doors to open.
Even in city and land of the dead it’s the same thing going for flags.
Even all scenario same thing holding / attacking at flags

I’m calling for a change.

Bring back city when we take two forts city opens up, 1 big all in attack so no one miss out

Let us farm quests and pqs in lotd when we win city *makes us fight for something* to get the gear out of the merch

Delete the flags in forts, Let us ram doors / melee/ dps them in forts

Change keeps doors around mix them up, delete ram in some tiers let us build magic staff and 2handed hammers to melee doors open with tanks and magic staffs to use spells to blow doors open ect.

Ads
zgolec

Re: return of reckoning age of the flag

Post#2 » Wed May 03, 2023 8:07 am

Bring back cities after push.
Bring back SOV gear being obtainable >only< from cities.
Bring some anti zerg mechanic - there are plenty good and bad proposals on this.
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Scottx125

Post#3 » Wed May 03, 2023 11:52 am

zgolec wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 8:07 am Bring back cities after push.
Bring some anti zerg mechanic - there are plenty good and bad proposals on this.
I agree with all except the Sov gear. The unified currency system isn't the issue. Neither are the rewards. Cities give tons of crests compared to other content. It just needs to be made fun and unlock more tangible benefits like dungeons, lots content etc.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

zgolec

Post#4 » Wed May 03, 2023 12:15 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 11:52 am
I agree with all except the Sov gear. The unified currency system isn't the issue. Neither are the rewards. Cities give tons of crests compared to other content. It just needs to be made fun and unlock more tangible benefits like dungeons, lots content etc.
If all best stuff can be bought with crests you can earn by avoiding pvp most of times, by just gettin few boxes to keep and goin afk...
What would be the reason to ppl like that organise and q for cities? Right now for most of organised grps this part of content is just meh.
Or you can go organised 18-24man q just to stomp pugs.

Only way to change that and make ppl do cities [which would be more often with pairings locks like before] would give some carrot [and whip at same time] - which would be access to best gear via city.

zgolec

Post#5 » Wed May 03, 2023 12:17 pm

...also remove killboard from game entirely. Maybe just leave it for rankeds or all scenarios. That alone would make this community less sh***y...

Reivren27

Post#6 » Wed May 03, 2023 1:15 pm

I agree, the rvr system needs to be redone, because at the moment everything is very monotonous.

Scottx125

Post#7 » Wed May 03, 2023 1:47 pm

zgolec wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 12:15 pm
If all best stuff can be bought with crests you can earn by avoiding pvp most of times, by just gettin few boxes to keep and goin afk...
What would be the reason to ppl like that organise and q for cities? Right now for most of organised grps this part of content is just meh.
Or you can go organised 18-24man q just to stomp pugs.

Only way to change that and make ppl do cities [which would be more often with pairings locks like before] would give some carrot [and whip at same time] - which would be access to best gear via city.
Because cities give far more crests per hour than any other form of content? A zone lock gives around 0-80 depending on contribution. Forts give around 40 minimum, usually about 80. 120 or more if you get a good bag. Cities depending on stars and bags can give 400+. The reason people don't queue for cities is one, because they get smashed by top gear premades because there's no real matchmaking. Two, because they don't enjoy the content. And three, because they don't need the rewards since they're already BiS.

For me, I don't do cities because I don't need to on my main. I'm already BiS. I did run cities when I was gearing as a city is the best way to earn crests. I do enjoy cities, but they are a little stale and boring generally. I only really like it as part of competitive gameplay vs other guilds of comparable strength. It's not fun when you join and get smashed by a pre-made formed with all the best players in the server. Which is also why as a guild we don't participate in cities as a full 24 warband. Because we know we'll be plugged against a top spec pre-made and ultimately struggle to win or get paired vs pugs which just get stomped. It's a waste of our time and it's demoralising. So until there's a proper match maker that pairs equal skill/gear players against each other and until our guild is ready gear and skill wise, no cities for us.

But I do agree RVR is in need of a rework to make content more fun, but also more relevant. I don't agree with the concept of gating gear behind currencies locked to certain gameplay. What happens if people hate cities and all of a sudden they're barred from getting BiS endgame gear? That's unacceptable IMO. Players should have the choice to participate in whatever content they like, and be rewarded fairly and have the ability to buy gear not by what they play, but by the time they put in and the skill at which they play content.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.

Zxul

Post#8 » Wed May 03, 2023 2:11 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 1:47 pm The reason people don't queue for cities is one, because they get smashed by top gear premades because there's no real matchmaking. Two, because they don't enjoy the content. And three, because they don't need the rewards since they're already BiS.
This. Especially the content not being enjoyable in any shape or form, unless you specifically enjoy premade 24 vs 24. Personally I will rather take longer to gear if I can avoid the city like a plague.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Wed May 03, 2023 2:58 pm

This , maps need to be made fun not "balanced"

Imo rvr has being scenaried into something which is not open world. City should had been a t5 reserved for high levels only while give options to other to do an alt city of sort or even just watch stream in city.

Fortress that require strategy and realm coordination and not just balanced pop.

There has been great enphasis on balance pop numbers with no results which instead the aim should be two:
-make the thing funny
-give tool to wb to soak dmg vs zerg and beat zerg.

Increase dmg cap didnt work , it really didnt and it should be reverted if not even better rethink into rebalance melee vs caster aoe and rebalance wb/tanks soak dmg capacity.
Last edited by Tesq on Wed May 03, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scottx125

Post#10 » Wed May 03, 2023 3:04 pm

Tesq wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 2:58 pm
This , maps need to be made fun not "balanced"

Imo rvr has being scenaried into something which is not open world. City should had been a t5 reserved for high levels only while give options to other to do an alt city of sort or even just watch stream in city.

Fortress that require strategy and realm coordination and not just balanced pop.

There has been great enphasis on balance pop numbers with no results which instead the aim should be two:
-make the thing funny
-give tool to wb to soak dmg vs zerg and beat zerg.

Increase dmg cap didnt work , it really didnt and it should be reverted if not eve better rethingnro rebalance melee vs caster aoe and rebalance wb/tanks soak dmg capacity.
I'll be honest I like the Scenario 24v24 format. Though it would make more sense if it was an open world event rather than an instanced one. I wouldn't mind it becoming an open world event but I'd definitely like a 24v24 event to remain. Maybe an arena or a tournament system done every so often or after one side wins a campaign, allowing guilds and pre-made wb's/groups to compete to gain access to exclusive rewards. Kind of like the Tournament in WOTLK before you charge into ICC.
Spoiler:
Now a member of Oath.