Recent Topics

Ads

Hello everyone

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Drubber

Hello everyone

Post#1 » Thu May 04, 2023 2:51 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and very excited to be here. In the past, I played Warhammer Online, but that was a long time ago. For a few years, I spent most of my time in the game until a lot of people left for GW2 or SWTOR.

Here are some memories from my past:

I started with an Archmage and was lucky to find a nice guild with a party that was very active and experienced in PvE. Lucky for me, they needed an active healer. It was a good place to start, and they taught me a lot about the instances, and sometimes, I joined PvP. After a while, I became more interested in PvP and in becoming a guild leader. I switched servers to get into that, from Karak Azgal to Karak Norn, if I remember correctly...

Anyway, I created an Ironbreaker and paid some players to help me create a new guild called Sovereign Frontier. Over time, it became more active, and we had a steady group of players online every day. We had great moments together. After a while, I got interested in leading warbands, so I also got into that. My big example for that was Podd, a player on another server. He was the most renowned warband leader, and I learned a lot from him by joining his warbands. I remember he even wrote a guide about leading warbands, covering communications and tactics. It was all very interesting.

I'm curious about what will happen next. I registered here and installed the game, starting with a Bright Wizard (Pyroth) and completed a few quests. This made me feel very excited because of all the memories. I have to get used to playing on a PC again, though.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you around.

Ads
Inightmanl

Re: Hello everyone

Post#2 » Thu May 04, 2023 4:38 pm

o/
Welcome.
Send me a mail in-game if you cannot get your footing on the server or can't find anyone to group with; Good Luck, Have Fun!

P.S.: Don't let me catch you slipping ;)
P.S.S.: If you are on destruction then send the mail to Idaymanl.

Drubber

Post#3 » Thu May 04, 2023 5:14 pm

Inightmanl wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:38 pm ... Send me a mail in-game if you cannot get your footing on the server or can't find anyone to group with ...
Thank you, I will keep that in mind.

BluIzLucky

Post#4 » Thu May 04, 2023 10:44 pm

Welcome, hope you get to relive the good ol days :)

Also happy to help if you need anything on either side
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Drubber

Post#5 » Sun May 07, 2023 3:32 pm

BluIzLucky wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:44 pm Also happy to help ...
Thank you :)

Drubber

Post#6 » Wed May 10, 2023 4:30 pm

Inightmanl wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:38 pm... P.S.: Don't let me catch you slipping ;) ...
Well, I'm still committed to get the best out of WAR again. The only problem is choosing a class and sticking with it. It turned out I did not like Pyroth, the Bright Wizard enough.
I don't want to have a tank, because I like PvE as well and I can loose aggro on the more complicated bosses at the most inconvinient moments. In a group that depends on me I got too angry on myself.
Now I'm trying a Runepriest. I had a high level Archmage in the past and that always went well. RP would be a good alternative. I'm not sure if I want that for a long period, tho.
Another thing I'm trying is an Engineer. I think it's a fun class. Tho, I worry about its value for warbands and PvE parties. I could very well be wrong there.

Anyway, I'm still here. ;)

Scottx125

Post#7 » Wed May 10, 2023 5:20 pm

Drubber wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 4:30 pm
Inightmanl wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 4:38 pm... P.S.: Don't let me catch you slipping ;) ...
Well, I'm still committed to get the best out of WAR again. The only problem is choosing a class and sticking with it. It turned out I did not like Pyroth, the Bright Wizard enough.
I don't want to have a tank, because I like PvE as well and I can loose aggro on the more complicated bosses at the most inconvinient moments. In a group that depends on me I got too angry on myself.
Now I'm trying a Runepriest. I had a high level Archmage in the past and that always went well. RP would be a good alternative. I'm not sure if I want that for a long period, tho.
Another thing I'm trying is an Engineer. I think it's a fun class. Tho, I worry about its value for warbands and PvE parties. I could very well be wrong there.

Anyway, I'm still here. ;)
There are addons to help with aggro management etc. VinyUI is a great all in one package you can start with. Honestly just try everything and see what you enjoy the most. Though it is worth mentioning some classes/specs as you level may not be viable or desired at RR40. For example, WP Wrath/Grace build is pretty good during leveling. But at RR40 Grace is only viable in small scale, Wrath is useless everywhere and Salv is strong everywhere. AM is good in all specs pretty much everywhere. RP is good in it's heal specs but isn't great as a DPS.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Drubber

Post#8 » Wed May 10, 2023 5:32 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:20 pm... some classes/specs as you level may not be viable or desired at RR40. For example, ...
Regarding a class being viable or desired at RR40, can you give your opinion about the Engineer for PvE and RvR, please?

Ads
Scottx125

Post#9 » Wed May 10, 2023 6:41 pm

Drubber wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:32 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 5:20 pm... some classes/specs as you level may not be viable or desired at RR40. For example, ...
Regarding a class being viable or desired at RR40, can you give your opinion about the Engineer for PvE and RvR, please?
Engineers can do great AoE pressure/damage. But it requires a ramp up time and you're very static. For most organised WB's the use of engineers is utility. Using magnet to pull groups of enemies to be killed, having AP regen on your turret whilst providing some AoE damage, this means you usually only have 1 engineer per WB(unless you're part of Bitterstones). But you can definitely pull off some pretty strong AoE pressure. But it's one of the more difficult classes to play well.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Drubber

Post#10 » Wed May 10, 2023 11:08 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:41 pm Engineers can do great AoE pressure/damage. But it requires a ramp up time and you're very static. For most organised WB's the use of engineers is utility. Using magnet to pull groups of enemies to be killed, having AP regen on your turret whilst providing some AoE damage, this means you usually only have 1 engineer per WB(unless you're part of Bitterstones). But you can definitely pull off some pretty strong AoE pressure. But it's one of the more difficult classes to play well.
Thanks for the info.