Recent Topics

Ads

Correct my Black Orc

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
tazdingo

Re: Correct my Black Orc

Post#11 » Tue May 09, 2023 3:06 pm

pots depends on build and available 100% uptime self buffs. BO can buff his own armour and toughness but armour is snb only and ideally you wanna get it out of your rotation anyway. armour pots are easy to sustain with passive culti income but toughness pots can be a pain in the ass to get hold of unless you make them yourself. a simpler option is to just use easy to buy/grow strength pots for now and just prioritise keeping your tough buff up once in melee. BO doesn't care about ranged flak anyway. don't blow your money on linis until at least vanq/inv

Ads
Cuddlesthemighty

Post#12 » Tue May 09, 2023 6:20 pm

tazdingo wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 3:06 pm pots depends on build and available 100% uptime self buffs. BO can buff his own armour and toughness but armour is snb only and ideally you wanna get it out of your rotation anyway. armour pots are easy to sustain with passive culti income but toughness pots can be a pain in the ass to get hold of unless you make them yourself. a simpler option is to just use easy to buy/grow strength pots for now and just prioritise keeping your tough buff up once in melee. BO doesn't care about ranged flak anyway. don't blow your money on linis until at least vanq/inv
Liniments weren't really on my immediate concern list (doubly so if they don't stack with the buff pots). It was more to understand how they work before they come up as a consideration. I'm treating consumes as a "work my way up" process. Oddly I'm sitting at 200 crafting/apothecary so I have a ton of level 38 stuff that I can't use right now. I crafted 40 str pots and I bought a 40 stack of armor pots, both of them green quality. Health pots are good to go and I'm growing up my action herbs so I can pump those out APs next weekend. Unless the Pristine Arachnid Venom is obscenely expensive I'll probably just buy that and craft the rest. For right now I keep my greens and sell the blues. Once I get a bankroll I'll work up to blue quality consumes starting with the cheapest to maintain.

I'm okay making decent gold, even if its slower, with cultivation. I can warband for hours and make money while doing it. Unless Butchering is an absurd amount more lucrative, mob farming isn't really how I want to spend my time in the game (maybe if I get around to leveling a choppa). For now I'm still growing up my plant base, but once I have my for usage potions, I'll have to figure out what the best way to cash in on cultivation. Is it selling a raw plant or playing the potions proc game?

tazdingo

Post#13 » Tue May 09, 2023 10:42 pm

venom isn't always available on open market is the issue, though you might have an easier time finding it in a big guild. for money just grow lvl 200 gobswort or goldweed for cash, both sell very easily

Cuddlesthemighty

Post#14 » Tue May 16, 2023 7:22 pm

Didn't know if I should make a new post or just add on but had yet more questions.

Sovereign- 8/8 I'm guessing isn't the wall hold meta. What is the combo and with what other major set? Also for those that have 8 piece, is speed boost as much fun for roaming as it sounds like? If I do the thing while my party is mounted up will they go 30% faster on mounts? I can see the wisdom in having the full guard bot loadout but I'd be curious about full zoomin. (Yes I know I'm miles from full sov)

Yer Nothin-Situationally useful or waste of time when Immaculate Defense exists?

WAAAAGH!-I have a lot of fun using this but I don't know its pros and cons. Right now I'm a run into the back line (to a fault) and start being obnoxious Orc. Any weird interactions I need to be aware of or reasons that its actually a hot garbage skill?

Exquisite Gunbad Diamond- Hilariously I won this on my first run but I didn't know if this was any sort of hypothetical end set piece or just expensive sell piece. It has crit reduction which seems huge but I'm sacking genesis set bonus (toughness I believe) at the very least to slot it. Its of course good as a stop gap but that seems like a waste and isn't really something I want to do. Use it or sell it?

Finally a dumb Fashion Hammer question. Stinkfang drops an axe with a skull on it, Vomitous Choppa I believe. Its not on auction, and finding people to go kill an out of the way troll for a reward that is almost certainly not worth the time (and probably doesn't even drop the desired weapon), is tough. I've seen a few players with said weapon, is there another place to get it?

Martok

Post#15 » Tue May 16, 2023 9:41 pm

Cuddlesthemighty wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:15 amCorrect my Black Orc

Your Black Orc should go sit in the corner for at least one hour...
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Cuddlesthemighty

Post#16 » Tue May 16, 2023 9:58 pm

Martok wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:41 pm

Look, in my defense, when I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing I just run deep into the enemy line. If other's see me and assume that I know what I'm doing and follow, is that really be my fault?

Martok

Post#17 » Tue May 16, 2023 10:01 pm

Cuddlesthemighty wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:58 pm
Martok wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 9:41 pm

Look, in my defense, when I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing I just run deep into the enemy line. If other's see me and assume that I know what I'm doing and follow, is that really be my fault?

No.

Still, one hour, in the corner.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

zulnam

Post#18 » Wed May 17, 2023 5:51 am

the rr41(?) and rr61 weapons are sold by vendors on the right as you go in the area where the gear/dummies are.

sometimes they are referred to as the "scenario weapons" because long ago they used to be bought using the end-game scenario currency, before currency unification.
SW, Kotbs, IB, Slayer, WP, WL, SM, Mara, SH, BG

Ads
Gladiolix

Post#19 » Wed May 17, 2023 12:40 pm

Cuddlesthemighty wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:22 pm Didn't know if I should make a new post or just add on but had yet more questions.

Sovereign- 8/8 I'm guessing isn't the wall hold meta. What is the combo and with what other major set? Also for those that have 8 piece, is speed boost as much fun for roaming as it sounds like? If I do the thing while my party is mounted up will they go 30% faster on mounts? I can see the wisdom in having the full guard bot loadout but I'd be curious about full zoomin. (Yes I know I'm miles from full sov)
It is very nice buff, some do use it, my only gripe with it is its bugginess. Even though it is not on cooldown and you haven't used it in a long time, sometimes the skill just doesn't fire, which is actually quite often. That's why I don't use it.
Cuddlesthemighty wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:22 pm Yer Nothin-Situationally useful or waste of time when Immaculate Defense exists?
Immaculate is so good I wouldn't trade it.
Cuddlesthemighty wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:22 pm WAAAAGH!-I have a lot of fun using this but I don't know its pros and cons. Right now I'm a run into the back line (to a fault) and start being obnoxious Orc. Any weird interactions I need to be aware of or reasons that its actually a hot garbage skill?
Debuffs corporeal resists, nice for corporeal damage dealers, and also buffs your groups AA damage, also pretty nice. Can be a good way of proccing your bellow. No real cons on using it.
Cuddlesthemighty wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:22 pm Exquisite Gunbad Diamond- Hilariously I won this on my first run but I didn't know if this was any sort of hypothetical end set piece or just expensive sell piece. It has crit reduction which seems huge but I'm sacking genesis set bonus (toughness I believe) at the very least to slot it. Its of course good as a stop gap but that seems like a waste and isn't really something I want to do. Use it or sell it?
I would sell it. Considering you're new and propably low on gold, selling this will fund a quite big stack of high end talismans on your gear. You're better off just using genesis anyways.
Cuddlesthemighty wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:22 pm Finally a dumb Fashion Hammer question. Stinkfang drops an axe with a skull on it, Vomitous Choppa I believe. Its not on auction, and finding people to go kill an out of the way troll for a reward that is almost certainly not worth the time (and probably doesn't even drop the desired weapon), is tough. I've seen a few players with said weapon, is there another place to get it?
The image of said choppa USUALLY tells you how the piece looks (again, USUALLY, same image means same appearance). BLoodlord choppa shares the same image, as does propably many other choppas. If you don't want to go PvE farm it, just keep your eyes open with influence rewards and world drops.

But in the end, fashion hammer is the true end game and always worth it :D
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+