Recent Topics

Ads

How to know ppl arn´t enjoying endgame

Let's talk about... everything else
Hellfireuzu

Re: How to know ppl arn´t enjoying endgame

Post#41 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:43 pm

Cities are boring, that's why. Once you are losing the first stage there is very little hope to suddenly win 2nd or 3rd stage. If we had pairing after individual stages (winner x winner, loser x loser) across participating warbands. Or if there was a little more individual stage for example - Party duel (instead of whole warband) then there might be a reason not to leave after initial wipe.

Ads
bw10

Post#42 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:45 pm

a good start would be to make cities last 30-40 minutes max. i dont believe theres a way to salvage cities without changing the whole balance of the game, but them potentially locking you for 90 minutes of wanting to alt f4 is just too much.

Garamore

Post#43 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:47 pm

Add surrender to stage 1
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Bosli

Post#44 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:03 pm

Hellfireuzu wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:43 pm Cities are boring, that's why. Once you are losing the first stage there is very little hope to suddenly win 2nd or 3rd stage. If we had pairing after individual stages (winner x winner, loser x loser) across participating warbands. Or if there was a little more individual stage for example - Party duel (instead of whole warband) then there might be a reason not to leave after initial wipe.
In solo queue I have had a lot of fairly balanced fights, and this week even one with a comeback in stage 3 only. I'd say overall I get more balanced solo instances than stomps of either side.

Hellfireuzu

Post#45 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:10 pm

Bosli wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:03 pm
Hellfireuzu wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:43 pm Cities are boring, that's why. Once you are losing the first stage there is very little hope to suddenly win 2nd or 3rd stage. If we had pairing after individual stages (winner x winner, loser x loser) across participating warbands. Or if there was a little more individual stage for example - Party duel (instead of whole warband) then there might be a reason not to leave after initial wipe.
In solo queue I have had a lot of fairly balanced fights, and this week even one with a comeback in stage 3 only. I'd say overall I get more balanced solo instances than stomps of either side.
Good for you. I am not saying it's impossible, but it's improbable. Achieving balance to such a degree that both sides are having fun and nobody is getting frustrated thus losing interest, ain't easy in any game.

Sulorie

Post#46 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:27 pm

normanis wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:30 am also leavers punish those who stay. more ppl leave those who stay get less chance of bags. 24 men get chance few goldbag and if 4 ppl leave rest have lesser chance get even blue bag. (it was last time when i qued).
The loser side gets no gold bag since ages, no matter how many stay inside. The number of bags varies but the maximum is blue.
Dying is no option.

Zxul

Post#47 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:29 pm

The main question really is- how many actually enjoy 24 vs 24 in a cramped environment, assuming the once in a blue moon balanced city actually happens? With it being 1.5 hours+ for extra bonus? And with extra bonus of most classes/specs (rdps, dps tanks, WH/WE in most specs, etc) not working there?

There is no way to fix city, because most players don't actually want city. The question is which % is willing to suffer it, assuming sufficient rewards- see current instances pop, and in how many loser side leaves within 5 min, to get your answer.

There is a reason why on live devs allowed empty instances- its because pve farming was the only way people were actually willing to go there.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Garamore

Post#48 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:55 pm

End game is Praag RvR with 4-5 org wbs each side spread out over the map. Something only a few of us have witnessed on Karak eight peaks many years ago.

Ads
teoklas

Post#49 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:23 pm

Garamore wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:55 pm End game is Praag RvR with 4-5 org wbs each side spread out over the map. Something only a few of us have witnessed on Karak eight peaks many years ago.
that's nice buy what about when you chase a lvl 20 engi with 3 warbands?

Garamore

Post#50 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:02 pm

They die