Recent Topics

Ads

How to know ppl arn´t enjoying endgame

Let's talk about... everything else
Kpi

Re: How to know ppl arn´t enjoying endgame

Post#61 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:20 pm

gyps wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:25 pm
Kpi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:32 pm I still don't understand why some addons were banned with the "L2P" argument, however the Royal Crests were removed so that people would stop learning to play their characters outside of the zerg (like in SCs or in city)
Bring back old cities, bring back Royal crests dropped only by important boss in different cities, create a new Royal set for RR 90+ and voila! Cities will be important again.
This is the way
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Ads
RaginPower

Post#62 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:55 am

End game being important has little to do with players enjoying it.

Toshutkidup

Post#63 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:39 am

RaginPower wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:55 am End game being important has little to do with players enjoying it.
For me I 100% agree, never cared about end game content like cities or even LoTD. Never will I believe, again just for me.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Zxul

Post#64 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:23 pm

Kpi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:32 pm I still don't understand why some addons were banned with the "L2P" argument, however the Royal Crests were removed so that people would stop learning to play their characters outside of the zerg (like in SCs or in city)
Bring back old cities, bring back Royal crests dropped only by important boss in different cities, create a new Royal set for RR 90+ and voila! Cities will be important again.

Being an scenario + timed as it is currently timed....takes away all the fun.
I already have a job where I'm getting paid to do something which I wouldn't do otherwise, I don't need the same in a game that I'm playing.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Kpi

Post#65 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:53 am

Zxul wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:23 pm

I already have a job where I'm getting paid to do something which I wouldn't do otherwise, I don't need the same in a game that I'm playing.
every game has to have a certain difficulty so that it has an incentive.

I don't like doing PVE, and if I want to have the BiS team I'm forced to do at least 2 full runs of BS.

Why is there certain equipment that is hidden behind certain content, but not another? I see logic that each type of equipment is achieved in a different game mode. However now the Ranked, SCs, the city siege and the ZergRVR (The real RVR is dead since the new campaign mode) now grant the same equipment, being 4 completely different game modes. You don't need know how to play your character to be on BiS... You just need to follow the zerg, and be lucky that your blob is bigger than the opponent's. You will be BiS without knowing how to play the character.

In the same way that PVE has equipment that can only be obtained in this way, the 4 types of PVP games should have 4 different types of currencies.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

gyps

Post#66 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:45 pm

Zxul wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:23 pm
Kpi wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 12:32 pm

So don't play that kind of content? Its fine and no one is being forced.

I mean hardcore players existed always but somehow we want to allow everyone democratically to have access to the same equipment...I remember, as a player part of a big guild during live servers, receiving my first sovereign part and even if I didn't complete the set (and currently never have) I was pretty excited about it.I kept coming back for more cities and I was always trying to participate, yep I was in my early 20's and got more much free time, no mortgage, no kids and could participate more and we called each guild member of the guild accross europe to engage cities.

If RoR manage to have current 20's or late 1x population to play that kind of content game will feel alive and those youngster needs hardcore style kind of stuff as we did need it back then.

If you think about current status:
Cities are avoided
Ranked Scenarios are avoided

Then we are not playing RoR anymore, we are playing a kind of "Wrath of Heroes" with added PVE options and some random open rvr?

I just want Cities to be the crazy chaos of players attacking / defending it used to be, considering also that we currently have 2 cities per realm so we could close a whole city for some time till its conquered back by its faction. This could also provide more PVE content and some other endgame content, imagine the sewers / CnT full of order mobs with Felix & Gotrek as bosses leadering the resistance from the deeps of the city?

gyps

Post#67 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:52 pm

And BTW as a NA player at the moment
Next City siege is today, monday, at 1300hrs
LoTD is Friday at 1300hrs

NA players with current system are completely left out of the equation.

Garamore

Post#68 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:59 pm

You have NA cities - for me they are in at 3 am and 5am......
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
Emissary
Community Management

Post#69 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:21 pm

gyps wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:52 pm And BTW as a NA player at the moment
Next City siege is today, monday, at 1300hrs
LoTD is Friday at 1300hrs

NA players with current system are completely left out of the equation.
Not at all, I do not like city nor especially LOTD, but both have their fair share of pops NA time.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Zxul

Post#70 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:16 pm

Kpi wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 10:53 am every game has to have a certain difficulty so that it has an incentive.

I don't like doing PVE, and if I want to have the BiS team I'm forced to do at least 2 full runs of BS.

Why is there certain equipment that is hidden behind certain content, but not another? I see logic that each type of equipment is achieved in a different game mode. However now the Ranked, SCs, the city siege and the ZergRVR (The real RVR is dead since the new campaign mode) now grant the same equipment, being 4 completely different game modes. You don't need know how to play your character to be on BiS... You just need to follow the zerg, and be lucky that your blob is bigger than the opponent's. You will be BiS without knowing how to play the character.

In the same way that PVE has equipment that can only be obtained in this way, the 4 types of PVP games should have 4 different types of currencies.
Ok good point. Lets agree then- city only tokens, and 2 full city runs should give a full sov. If you do agree, I agree as well. If no- ohh there might just be a slight difference between 2 dungeon runs, and 40 city runs or whatever it took back in the day, and yet you seems to have no problem comparing the two.

gyps wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:45 pm So don't play that kind of content? Its fine and no one is being forced.
Not a problem, however lets continue that line of thought.

The dungeon tali for the sent/ranked jewelry was originally pve only. So why rvr/sc only players should have it? Lets make it again dungeon only. Also, 1 run per week doesn't seems to be enough for the benefit that it provides- lets change the duration to 24 hours. If you want it, you should be able to run the bbbe daily- if you don't want to, not a problem- don't play that kind of content? Its fine and no one is being forced. If you don't want to play pve, you shouldn't BIS pve gear.

Now, lets talk about talis, pve potions, and linis. Those, for that matter, also come from pve. Is there a good reason why pvp only players should have those, which are also BIS pve equipment? Lets make those have pve requirements as well- say to use those you need to do 2-3 hours of PQs each day. You don't want to do PQs? Don't play that kind of content- its fine and no one is being forced, however if you are unwilling to play pve you shouldn't have BIS pve rewards. You can have city only sov, but without talis, including timed one, without pots, and without linis.

Lets continue, I have lot more ideas using your logic.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh