Recent Topics

Ads

How to know ppl arn´t enjoying endgame

Let's talk about... everything else
p00ky

How to know ppl arn´t enjoying endgame

Post#1 » Thu May 11, 2023 8:30 pm

Another prime time city with minimum instances and 100-199 population each side who prefer to stay in RvR than even bothering with this content. Since previous city change and new "que" system, the "endgame" is in its worst state since the last few years.

Thoughts?

Ads
CyunUnderis

Re: How to know ppl arn´t enjoying endgame

Post#2 » Thu May 11, 2023 10:19 pm

City meta is different from RvR meta and require more preparation/archetypes and skills (coordination with ST parties, AoE parties doing enough damage, calling on vocal when the ST party is going to attack a mate, basic game knowledge ...).
For example, you can't make an alliance 24-men almost full of greenskins +-RR60, doing AoE only and expect to win against organised 2x12-men or 4x6-men (2 ST and 2 AoE).

So, a lot of organised WB don't know how to play this kind of game mode and prefer to do only RvR (zerging is easier).

But, kuddos to the organized WB guilds that challenge themselves to this game mode and try to improve.

Before the campaign change, for me, cities were just boring, with 24-men dodging other 24-men at the last minute, or late-NA city with no organized WBs one side.

Sulorie

Post#3 » Fri May 12, 2023 12:00 am

What do you expect when you don't force people into city by shutting down rvr during siege. Ofc some will skip city and zerg some empty zone, when population is uneven.
Dying is no option.

Aethilmar

Post#4 » Fri May 12, 2023 2:43 am

First, its not the end game. It is just another mode now.

Second, what do you want?
Do you want people to queue for city no matter what?
Do you want it to be the "end game" again with exclusive rewards?
Do you just want them to buff the rewards for city in general?
Do you want them to make the mode more fun so people will willingly join?
Something else?

Everdin

Post#5 » Fri May 12, 2023 5:36 am

p00ky wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:30 pm Another prime time city with minimum instances and 100-199 population each side who prefer to stay in RvR than even bothering with this content. Since previous city change and new "que" system, the "endgame" is in its worst state since the last few years.

Thoughts?
whats your problem with the que? People can't dodge anymore, only these guys are mad at the new que.
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri May 12, 2023 6:26 am

p00ky wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:30 pm Another prime time city with minimum instances and 100-199 population each side who prefer to stay in RvR than even bothering with this content. Since previous city change and new "que" system, the "endgame" is in its worst state since the last few years.

Thoughts?
omfg city is less dead than scenarios. and also what does the "new que system" has to do with it? i'd expect more people queue for city when they know it's coming, instead of in 3am when everyone but 100 NA players are asleep. i'm really disgusted with suggestions by nolifer people who can play this game 24h a day and miss their empty city farming

Pahakukka

Post#7 » Fri May 12, 2023 8:35 am

Personally i find little reason to go to City instances. For The City you need to have roughly 2 hours spare Time and as reward you might or might not get Crests. With winning all stages and getting decent amount of Bags from them The amount of Crests is considerable, but then i imagine steamrolling normal sc's with good 6man two hours Will also net you roughly 150ish Crests. Depending how much extra you get from kills.

Also im pretty sure most of veteran players just didn't Care that much about Crests anymore as you accumulate them steadily from rvr anyways. Once you hit rr78 with alt you likely have nearly all The Crests you Will need for your main build. For My alt I farmed first ranked Ring around rr 65 or so,but i slow at leveling. Usually takes me year to reach rr80.

As what The City content is its actually not a lot different from sc's.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

Toshutkidup

Post#8 » Fri May 12, 2023 8:49 am

I myself quit cities April 2020 so I never cared about that content and always stayed in the lakes. I’m sure as time passed other players no longer felt the “need” to do it or had too many bad experiences with it and decided they didn’t like it. Whatever the reason, for those that want city and enjoy it shouldn’t have much issue getting a pop, and for the rest, well they can just ignore it.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
Gladiolix

Post#9 » Fri May 12, 2023 10:58 am

Cities are just the worst content in this game. 90% of the instances are total complete stomps (throwing numbers out of my ass here), sucks a lot to get farmed at spawn, very boring to farm at the spawn, sucks either way. Then there are the 10% that actually competent and close fights. As a tank or healer you work your ass off guard swapping, etc. tank duties or healing, rezzing etc. heal duties. After the first half an hour of constant combat without any breaks it's starting to feel like a chore. Once the sweaty city is over and dare you to lose, the game pretty much gives you the finger, with rewards not really worth your input. If you manage to get good bags, that might redeem it, but god forbid you roll bad and get zero bags, leaves you with pretty shitty fealing. So with something like every 1/20 city is actually fun, I just can't bring myself to queue even though it usually is worth the time in terms of warcrests per hour.

Had a couple hour long city once, where I was healing with shaman, rezzed like 50+ people during it, and was one of the top heal. I got zero bags and lost with crappy crests. Swore myself back then that I will never bring a healer to a city again :D
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Ashoris

Post#10 » Fri May 12, 2023 11:17 am

Gladiolix wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:58 am Cities are just the worst content in this game. 90% of the instances are total complete stomps (throwing numbers out of my ass here), sucks a lot to get farmed at spawn, very boring to farm at the spawn, sucks either way. Then there are the 10% that actually competent and close fights. As a tank or healer you work your ass off guard swapping, etc. tank duties or healing, rezzing etc. heal duties. After the first half an hour of constant combat without any breaks it's starting to feel like a chore. Once the sweaty city is over and dare you to lose, the game pretty much gives you the finger, with rewards not really worth your input. If you manage to get good bags, that might redeem it, but god forbid you roll bad and get zero bags, leaves you with pretty shitty fealing. So with something like every 1/20 city is actually fun, I just can't bring myself to queue even though it usually is worth the time in terms of warcrests per hour.

Had a couple hour long city once, where I was healing with shaman, rezzed like 50+ people during it, and was one of the top heal. I got zero bags and lost with crappy crests. Swore myself back then that I will never bring a healer to a city again :D
or you play Kotbs in a good ST party in city .... worst contribution possible :) no dmg/ if it runs smooth - nearly no potection ! the contribution is non existant on a kotbs.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras