Recent Topics

Ads

How to know ppl arn´t enjoying endgame

Let's talk about... everything else
jbrutal

Re: How to know ppl arn´t enjoying endgame

Post#71 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:34 pm

Then we are not playing RoR anymore, we are playing a kind of "Wrath of Heroes" with added PVE options and some random open rvr?

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#72 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:30 pm

80% of the way down the slippery slope of everyone getting anything for doing the most optimized task available at any given time. Keep pushing for it, you guys are almost there.

Sometime in the future a single currency will be able to buy every piece of gear. Maybe you can beat down the prerequisites of having to own prior gear, and hey, get rid of those pesky renown and rank requirements while you're at it. Wards should only be for achievements, not gear unlocks. Dungeons should have an easy, NAY, a SOLO mode, where you can beat all the bosses alone! Just how MMO's are meant to be played! Content gating is oppression! sURely YoU can'T eXPECT pEOPLE to JusT pLay CoNTeNt thAt rEWARDS THem The gEAr CuRatEd foR that CoNTeNt WHAt iF ThEy dOn'T wAnt tO PlAy That ConTeNt OR they DON'T fInd THaT cONtenT FUN ENOUGH To eNGAGE wiTh foRciNg PEOPle To pLay ConTENT THeY DoNT LiKE So TheY can BE GEAreD FOR CONTeNt THEy Do LIKe IS DriVing pLAyErs AwaY aNd WE ALL KNow thiS gAme cant HandLe loSIng PopulAtIon fOr ThE Past 10 YeArs FrOm the bad EviL NAuGHtY FilthY DEsPIcable deciSiONS ThE dEvVVVS And POwerS THaT bE haVE beEN MaKIng SINce 1999

Ahem, sorry. My keyboard seems to have malfunctioned temporarily. Modern gaming sure is something to learn from isn't it? It's a good thing in our mission statement we intended to revive this game with all the modern sophisications possible. There's no way people playing a dead game from 15 years ago would be interested in the systems that game originally had. We must change, adapt, overcome. The players are right, and we MUST make games for the players that find us, not the players we want to find. Does it smell like burnt toast in here?
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

gyps

Post#73 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:16 pm

Garamore wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:59 pm You have NA cities - for me they are in at 3 am and 5am......
Then I'm missing those too!!! xDDDD

Garamore

Post#74 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:25 pm

City is now 1 engage and quit - no one should expect anymore than that and then you wont be disappointed.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Toshutkidup

Post#75 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:33 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:30 pm 80% of the way down the slippery slope of everyone getting anything for doing the most optimized task available at any given time. Keep pushing for it, you guys are almost there.

Sometime in the future a single currency will be able to buy every piece of gear. Maybe you can beat down the prerequisites of having to own prior gear, and hey, get rid of those pesky renown and rank requirements while you're at it. Wards should only be for achievements, not gear unlocks. Dungeons should have an easy, NAY, a SOLO mode, where you can beat all the bosses alone! Just how MMO's are meant to be played! Content gating is oppression! sURely YoU can'T eXPECT pEOPLE to JusT pLay CoNTeNt thAt rEWARDS THem The gEAr CuRatEd foR that CoNTeNt WHAt iF ThEy dOn'T wAnt tO PlAy That ConTeNt OR they DON'T fInd THaT cONtenT FUN ENOUGH To eNGAGE wiTh foRciNg PEOPle To pLay ConTENT THeY DoNT LiKE So TheY can BE GEAreD FOR CONTeNt THEy Do LIKe IS DriVing pLAyErs AwaY aNd WE ALL KNow thiS gAme cant HandLe loSIng PopulAtIon fOr ThE Past 10 YeArs FrOm the bad EviL NAuGHtY FilthY DEsPIcable deciSiONS ThE dEvVVVS And POwerS THaT bE haVE beEN MaKIng SINce 1999

Ahem, sorry. My keyboard seems to have malfunctioned temporarily. Modern gaming sure is something to learn from isn't it? It's a good thing in our mission statement we intended to revive this game with all the modern sophisications possible. There's no way people playing a dead game from 15 years ago would be interested in the systems that game originally had. We must change, adapt, overcome. The players are right, and we MUST make games for the players that find us, not the players we want to find. Does it smell like burnt toast in here?

Lol I L0ved it ;)
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

teoklas

Post#76 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:44 am

They really killed rvr with the war crest system, zerging beign the most beneficial thing in the game as of now.
It was not the best thing before but at least you had the incentive of pushing a zone to have a city or defending to deny one, even if you didn't have the numbers
now the game is just 1 zone where svg or rolgrom or zorbax or garamore zerg small groups and solo players till they get zerged a by a bigger group and log off or the enemy leaves and they get bored of sieging empty keeps.
What a wasted opportunity, no rvr revamp and aimless patches going in random directions.

Kpi

Post#77 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:12 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:30 pm 80% of the way down the slippery slope of everyone getting anything for doing the most optimized task available at any given time. Keep pushing for it, you guys are almost there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I really enjoy this post

Of course the game need adapt to modern times, but modern games are "Pay to win" and this can't happen here. And this is why this game was so awesome before the War crest patch. when you saw a player with a triumphant/victorious ring you thought "Wow, that guy has to be really good to have that ring" and you were rarely wrong about this. Now you can see a lot of people, like me, with full Sov or BiS, who don't have much idea of the game.

As always, I am very grateful to you for keeping the game alive, but the simplification it is at now has made it less attractive for me and for many people.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Brakh

Post#78 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:30 am

And this is why this game was so awesome before the War crest patch. when you saw a player with a triumphant/victorious ring you thought "Wow, that guy has to be really good to have that ring" and you were rarely wrong about this. Now you can see a lot of people, like me, with full Sov or BiS, who don't have much idea of the game.
One of the major problem of this game was very impactful vertical progression in regards of item level. Single currency partially solved that issue by decreasing time required for new players to catch up. However, I agree that there should be focus how to reward veteran players who dedicated hundres, even thousands of hours to single toon. Something distinct, meaningful but not impacting overall power level.
Dunno, unique transmogs, other visual features. Something eye catching other than colors.

Ads
Garamore

Post#79 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:41 pm

Kpi wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:12 am "Wow, that guy has to be really good to have that ring" and you were rarely wrong about this. Now you can see a lot of people, like me, with full Sov or BiS, who don't have much idea of the game.
There was a lot of stacking when someone bad was in the queue on the other side. As soon as they made that not possible the last people doing it stopped and ranked died.

Personally I don’t want a gear advantage over people and gating stuff often leads to this.

I like the new crest system as it lets people get the gear but would adjust the drop rate to make it less in scens and more from RVR. Right now stacking premades in scens is fastest way to level by a huge way. City rewards especially for staying and losing are just not worth the time commit.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Nameless

Post#80 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:51 pm

Garamore wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:41 pm
Kpi wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:12 am "Wow, that guy has to be really good to have that ring" and you were rarely wrong about this. Now you can see a lot of people, like me, with full Sov or BiS, who don't have much idea of the game.
There was a lot of stacking when someone bad was in the queue on the other side. As soon as they made that not possible the last people doing it stopped and ranked died.

Personally I don’t want a gear advantage over people and gating stuff often leads to this.

I like the new crest system as it lets people get the gear but would adjust the drop rate to make it less in scens and more from RVR. Right now stacking premades in scens is fastest way to level by a huge way. City rewards especially for staying and losing are just not worth the time commit.
For my solo pov that is not true.
At tank almost full time lvl tru orvr at 30ish lvl I was rr 50ish and over 2k crests.
On healer that lvl purely at queu all sc at lvl 30 my rr was 36 and 800ish crests. (Although the problem may be the huge exp chunk at scens)
Being at prem and doing 4 mins runs prolly do ok crests but orvr rewards are much better, esp when lose
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz