Recent Topics

Ads

How to know ppl arn´t enjoying endgame

Let's talk about... everything else
Garamore

Re: How to know ppl arn´t enjoying endgame

Post#81 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:30 pm

Yeah agree for solo q but in a 6 man that wins consistently and causes the other team to quit at 4 mins you can get tons of crests very quickly.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#82 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:31 am

i really like how ROR is at least 100% more grindy than live WAR, but then pro players come and say how it's easy to level new tank after you played the game for 1000+ hours and then gm comes and talks about game mechanics from original game. :laughing:

no wonder that even prime time nights are turning into one sided zergfests.

Fenris78

Post#83 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:16 am

Garamore wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:41 pm I like the new crest system as it lets people get the gear but would adjust the drop rate to make it less in scens and more from RVR. Right now stacking premades in scens is fastest way to level by a huge way. City rewards especially for staying and losing are just not worth the time commit.
If you reduce SC rewards, they will probably die too. Issues are when it's a such small number of people queuing and matchmaing cannot get proper matches, i.e. letting unbalanced 3/4 people premades against 2/2/2 ones.

About City rewards, I slithly disagree with you here ; all depends over your ability to sustain the utterly boredom of being crushed for 1 hour, but I find getting 60+ warcrests base + 1 green bag on average, wich is about 80 warcrests total, is pretty nice for doing nothing for 1h time.
While in RvR you cant really get that amount in the same timeframe, unless it was your racial zone and you dropped a purple or gold bag (and the zone was locked wuickly with heavy personal contribution).

Still I agree doing RvR for any length of time is more fun than waiting the city to end in your spawn... But you can do other things, like cooking or watching a movie, in the meanwhile... :p

I personnaly find RvR unrewarding ; in zerg or just wb play, you cant drop much warcrests unless you are in the frontline/ranged heavy group, due to how drops are allowed. They should be randomized over all wb parties and not the only one that dealt the most damage.
It will be fairer in many situations where you almost never can get a perfect 2/2/2 setup.

The only way to get mass crests is actually to roam solo and get 1v1 kills ; with 3-5 crests per kill it's very good, but sadly such opportunities are now only allowed to some classes and specs like SH, Sham/AM and Stealth classes for the most. Other are simply screwed since they cant possibly solo roam unless against weak opponents (wich wont reward as much).
Or they will only encounter wbs and/or zerg wich arent the best way to solo / small group roam.

I may add the heavy nerf to renown could also be a big part of current uninterest for siege/defenses and generally speaking rvr activities ; before I agree getting 26k Renown over a PvDoor keep was a bit much, but now if you get 6k from taking an heavily defended keep you are lucky.

THere is probably a good middleground to find regarding Renown gain in RvR. It should not be 20K for a successful defense, and only 5k for a keep take ; 15k defense / 10k take could be more appropriate.