Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario surrender change

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Everdin

Re: Scenario surrender change

Post#61 » Sat May 27, 2023 3:53 pm

PROsiak wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:47 am Well, there are a lot of people in the playerbase who just wanna join the game for an hour or two from time to time, play a few scenarios or participate in rvr and it shouldnt be ignored that there are some fundamental problems with the game that should be adressed. It is fact, that for good portion of the day scenarios are unplayable for the pugs, cause u can have 1 premade party who just stomps all of em and if finally good enough players group up to overcome them or they get bored from playing against no resistance, the situation basically flips and now the opposing side is getting farmed. RVR is no different, either you're on the highly outnumbered side and there's siege after siege that you can do nothing about (and it has been said aao is a poor implementation to help reduce that problem) or you are at the side that is sieging and you get bored from not finding any engagements, just staring at the keeps doors.

Also, im always happy to see how quickly you can often join scenarios, but i would gladly pay an extra few minutes of que time to have the experience improved.
As long as people complaining about premades in group sc and refuse to play discordant, nothing will happen.

All These cupcackes here blame premades and want them out of group sc, but join sc after sc to geht a reason to cry.

Just play discordant for two weeks and lets look who will suffer from it.

You won't? Why? Because of the bigger carrot on the group sc stick? Or because you will Not be able to blame others for a lost SC?
#AllClassesMatter

“A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.”

― John Burroughs

Ads
rejndjer
Suspended

Post#62 » Sat May 27, 2023 4:31 pm

i played 9 basin scenarios today, lost all 9, but at least my kd didnt fall too hard. cya again next time devs put "play 10 x scenario to get superOP pocket item".

CyunUnderis

Post#63 » Sat May 27, 2023 9:01 pm

rejndjer wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:31 pm i played 9 basin scenarios today, lost all 9, but at least my kd didnt fall too hard. cya again next time devs put "play 10 x scenario to get superOP pocket item".
How many did you do with a premade ? Just to be sure that you understand when people try to give you advice about the Week-end Event.

Phantasm

Post#64 » Sun May 28, 2023 12:15 am

CyunUnderis wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:01 pm
rejndjer wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:31 pm i played 9 basin scenarios today, lost all 9, but at least my kd didnt fall too hard. cya again next time devs put "play 10 x scenario to get superOP pocket item".
How many did you do with a premade ? Just to be sure that you understand when people try to give you advice about the Week-end Event.
Premades can only get 2 dps (mostly) classes per 4 other (2 tanks 2 heals). Said dps must be able to perform at certain lvl. Avarage players got almost zero chance to join any premades and cant create any because people know their names. So, we just have few dps players that can perform in premades and mass of avarage dps players that can only hope for being carried in event scenarios.

Detangler

Post#65 » Sun May 28, 2023 1:17 am

Phantasm wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:15 am
Premades can only get 2 dps (mostly) classes per 4 other (2 tanks 2 heals). Said dps must be able to perform at certain lvl. Avarage players got almost zero chance to join any premades and cant create any because people know their names. So, we just have few dps players that can perform in premades and mass of avarage dps players that can only hope for being carried in event scenarios.
Most people can't play this game worth a damn, not just DPS.

Tanks have one job over all else - use their guard.
Heals have one job - press heal buttons on friends.
Dps have one job - assist friendly dps to kill stuff.

What do we have? Tanks that set guard on a back line healer and run deep into enemy territory to smack enemy healers for 100 damage. Healers that forget they have a rez button or pre-hot melee charging into front lines. Dps that all run around hitting different targets and wondering why nothing dies.

90% of the reason /5 premades stomp pugs is because people who join premades on average are better players. All the forum warriors chiming in on this thread probably are going to flame me, tell me I'm wrong, and tell me they're definitely above average (which may be true). So to be clear - I'm not talking about you. You all play scenarios same as me, you see what I'm talking about.

A /5 premade isn't about stomping pugs, it's about 2 things:

1. Stacking the odds of NOT getting 11 people in duelist gear still figuring out how to use that new M4 ability.

2. Giving this horrible matchmaker the finger so you at least have one balanced party in your scenario so you don't waste time with yet another no healer waste of time 5 minute scenario.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Absinth

Post#66 » Sun May 28, 2023 7:19 am

Everdin wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 3:53 pm
PROsiak wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 10:47 am [...]
As long as people complaining about premades in group sc and refuse to play discordant, nothing will happen.

All These cupcackes here blame premades and want them out of group sc, but join sc after sc to geht a reason to cry.

Just play discordant for two weeks and lets look who will suffer from it.

You won't? Why? Because of the bigger carrot on the group sc stick? Or because you will Not be able to blame others for a lost SC?
Show me how to play weekend scenarios on discordant, Ill wait. Afterall we only blame premades but we dont join discordant, hmm i wonder what the reason for that is? Maybe the fact that weekend scenario is not discordant Hmmmm......
Detangler wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:17 am
Phantasm wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:15 am
CyunUnderis wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 9:01 pm [...]
[...]
Most people can't play this game worth a damn, not just DPS.

[...]

90% of the reason /5 premades stomp pugs is because people who join premades on average are better players. All the forum warriors chiming in on this thread probably are going to flame me, tell me I'm wrong, and tell me they're definitely above average (which may be true). So to be clear - I'm not talking about you. You all play scenarios same as me, you see what I'm talking about.

A /5 premade isn't about stomping pugs, it's about 2 things:

1. Stacking the odds of NOT getting 11 people in duelist gear still figuring out how to use that new M4 ability.

2. Giving this horrible matchmaker the finger so you at least have one balanced party in your scenario so you don't waste time with yet another no healer waste of time 5 minute scenario.
Welp it is the sad state of RoR that we are in, where people prefer blobbing and such etiquette goes into the scenarios, afterall there are people who even triple/dual stack scenarios with full guild members and they are bashing 12 dps's in enemy team, not to say that this issue WILL KILL the scenarios, not so long ago you had 4 hour timeframe where order had 4 parties of premades queue'd up and all they got in enemy party was 1 maybe 2 in rare case 4 destro people waiting in the spawn because there is no way you do anything when hungry dogs jump at every player they see because respecting 1v1 is something that they cant digest.
Shinee DOK | 40/82
YellowGuard BG | 40/62
NuclearBombs SORC | 40/40

Self-proclaimed PVE and Fashionhammer expert

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#67 » Sun May 28, 2023 8:48 am

why would i make a premade when it takes less time to do event task without making premade?

p.s. and btw i forgot to mention that half these loses we actually had more kills than destro, so who cares.

Phantasm

Post#68 » Sun May 28, 2023 9:45 am

rejndjer wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:48 am
why would i make a premade when it takes less time to do event task without making premade?

p.s. and btw i forgot to mention that half these loses we actually had more kills than destro, so who cares.
Omg. Because weekly event rewards are carrots for people to finally realise that it is a TEAM GAME. Every aspect of game suggest you to group up, read your skills on skillbar mate. Most of time those 5 wins for event are impossible to do without a group. Unless you lucky to get paired against other avarage players, or you being carried by premade in second party.

Ads
Shalanor
Suspended

Post#69 » Sun May 28, 2023 2:03 pm

fontin wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 8:44 am a simple /5 might be able to farm some random pugs, but cant compete with a double slayer premade.
Oh yes. A Man, Maybe an elder one, has 2 hours Time on two evenings in the Week. So let him first search 1 hours for a grp, then 10 minutes until all get in the discchannel, queiung up and he deserved at least 3-5 Games without getting stompeb by people with less Reallife. Great Idea and perfect deal.....
What? It's Summer? Yes its warm outside!
I hab the experience the last 2 hours playing Pug..... And you know what? It was so good that.....
I logged out, dressed up, get the bowstring on my bow and go outside to hit the old Strawring.

That's Reallife. Persons who have such a thing don't need to search for a grp. Cause they can just go and get to their "RLgrp".
Not Everyone is a 24/7 Player. We don't need the experience in here :). You know Pareto?
20% of the Players cost the dev's 80% of the time (This are the premadehighlysupereffectiveskilled players who think they are really important with their opinion)
80% of the Players cost 20% of the time. Pug. They just play and are happy.
Both of them paid the same price as it was live. Which grp is more important? The loud screamy highendplayers? Or the others? The problem is that the highendplayers are better organized so many forgot the other ones cause they don't go in Forums... Then they made changes for the Highend, Pug are forgotten and.... They go. They dont complain they are just vanish.
Is Age of Reckoning live? NO! Maybe now you know why.
How often you want to make this stupid fail?
YES!

Get the Pugs some sugar and they are happy. And the Sugar is: Get the Grps out of the Puglane!

Shalanor
Suspended

Post#70 » Sun May 28, 2023 2:08 pm

Phantasm wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:45 am
rejndjer wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:48 am

Omg. Because weekly event rewards are carrots for people to finally realise that it is a TEAM GAME. Every aspect of game suggest you to group up, read your skills on skillbar mate. Most of time those 5 wins for event are impossible to do without a group. Unless you lucky to get paired against other avarage players, or you being carried by premade in second party.
Lucky to get paired against average players..... Why don't make a queue for solo and 1 for grp? So the average player don't can be carried from our highlyskilledsuperpremadepros (they exactly hope that they don't get a premade on the other side)? Is this a idea? Why not? Its perfect for both sides. The average player wants this! He don't want to waste your precious time with his fooling around..... He wants you to have competition and get what you want for your hard work!
You have exactly 2 ways:
1. You want a queue where no grps are allowed.
2. You don't want this cause you want to farm pugs with your premade.

There is nothing then this 2 ways....