Recent Topics

Ads

Scenario surrender change

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Nameless

Re: Scenario surrender change

Post#101 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:07 pm

But it is still partly players issue. So many times there are enough archerypes for 2/2/2 ( first party 3 healers and 3 tanks and second 1 healer, 1 tank and 4 dps for example) but when ask to change members total silence. So the matchmaking system is a problem (prioritizing prem vs pug) but there is huge player issue.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
anarchypark

Post#102 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:50 pm

That's why we need a team-play tutorial,
to teach them how to rectify their behavior,
even if it requires a forceful approach.
what's better than a 2-2-2 SC?

though it exposes the weak link.
that's one of the reasons why people avoid group play and prefer to hide within a zerg.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Sulorie

Post#103 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:32 pm

anarchypark wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:17 pm
I'm not asking for a full 2-2-2 setup in every scenario,
but having at least two tanks and two healers would suffice.
Then people have to play those classes to have enough healers or tanks in queue. Guess what happens at city siege in the last instances. The MM tries to build with what is left in queue. You get instances with 2/3 DD classes on one side.

The MM isn't intentionally putting solos against premade as well.
When one premade is in queue and no other group, then after some time a SC pop will happen and the remaining slots are filled with solos or incomplete groups. Then another premade joins queue but the enemy premade is already in SC, so both premades miss each other with a rather high chance unless they stop to queue to "sync drop". To avoid this, the time between SC pop would have to be increased significantly to allow either premade to finish their SC.
Dying is no option.

Belanoite
Suspended

Post#104 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:56 pm

No.

Detangler

Post#105 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:58 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:32 pm
anarchypark wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:17 pm
I'm not asking for a full 2-2-2 setup in every scenario,
but having at least two tanks and two healers would suffice.
Then people have to play those classes to have enough healers or tanks in queue. Guess what happens at city siege in the last instances. The MM tries to build with what is left in queue. You get instances with 2/3 DD classes on one side.

The MM isn't intentionally putting solos against premade as well.
When one premade is in queue and no other group, then after some time a SC pop will happen and the remaining slots are filled with solos or incomplete groups. Then another premade joins queue but the enemy premade is already in SC, so both premades miss each other with a rather high chance unless they stop to queue to "sync drop". To avoid this, the time between SC pop would have to be increased significantly to allow either premade to finish their SC.
This. all of this. I think its like every 30 seconds or 1 min it checks to see if at least 6 are available on both sides and then throws them all together. If there's more than 6, it will try to balance 2/2/2 if at all possible. Make it check every 5 minutes to allow more people to get in queue to make a new one, but every 30 seconds to see if more are available to add to current scenarios to fill gaps. Maybe that increased time will allow more to queue and thus better chance of picking more heals and tanks.

Or people could stop queuing with their DPS classes and pick more in demand class types. That would help, too.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Nameless

Post#106 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:29 pm

Zerging at zones give way bigger rewards so many ppl avoid sc cos the farming is suboptimal if you are not at highly stacked prem so less ppl for the mm engine to work
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#107 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:15 am

Detangler wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:58 pm

Or people could stop queuing with their DPS classes and pick more in demand class types. That would help, too.
sorry someone told me to play "whatever i want". can i do both?

p.s. queueing sc, even solo pug, is more efficient for crests farm than "zerging orvr".

Nameless

Post#108 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:44 pm

rejndjer wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:15 am
Detangler wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:58 pm

sorry someone told me to play "whatever i want". can i do both?

p.s. queueing sc, even solo pug, is more efficient for crests farm than "zerging orvr".
That is true only if orvr run stacked zerg and you are barely solo in the zone and you are healer. Scen crests gain by soloIng is wayyy less that doing so at orvr.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Svartypops

Post#109 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:43 pm

thiefy wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 8:28 pm
Svartypops wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 3:58 pm
thiefy wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:11 pm Back to OP, i couldn't agree more to the suggestion. Ppl shouldn't play the game the way that simply harvests the most rewards. They should actually PLAY the game and the suggestion in the OP gives incentive to do that.
The OP's suggestion is a sure-fire way to kill the scenario mode. I agree that people should play the game to win, rather than harvest most rewards, but guess what! That's what winning does. I don't think it's the best idea - I think the loser should get more rewards but then how to you incentivise people try to win?
"Play the game to win"???? Oh boy, we have have so different perspective. Ppl should play the game (or any game) to HAVE FUN..... Everything else is a side effect.
That being said, i'm out. gl with your arguments
Now that you know other people enjoy winning, perhaps you can "HAVE FUN" losing to them.

tazdingo

Post#110 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:34 pm

another solution is to just have bigger SCs. some nights I see the queue creating several 12 - 20 man SCs which often results in you getting repeatedly placed into random < 2 party in progress SCs. why not wait and put everyone in a big 3/4/5 party SC? in that situation the impact of a single premade group is diluted. maps like old dwarf road and the dragon one seem particularly suited to higher player numbers